^
Should already be a thing.
^
Should already be a thing.
Do we have enough information on the NGSRI for it to be implemented in game?
I find it more likely for gaijin to add the NGSRI missile than it is for them to actually fix the stinger at this point
There isn’t very much info on the NGSRI so gaijin would have to make up the numbers for half its stats. Which isn’t exactly something gaijin is new to. Either that or wait until 2028 when a competitor is supposed to be chosen and more information will likely start coming out.
Tried suggestions box a long time ago. It never got put through. Oh well. This was the best I could do- informing people and hoping someone smarter than I could live to Gaijins standards
fortunately someone did make a suggestion that made it in :)
You didn’t make it as a suggestion is my guess.
@TopGunCrew8367 thank you looks like we just need approval for the go ahead
I did originally- the issue was that it never got approved. This was at the time they moved over to the new forum however so I was still very much learning what the standards for the new site were as well as the expectations.
well well well… it seems extremely relevant now
Especially for infantry mode. One of these would basically delete all drones on the map for free.
I also remember tests of a similar laser capable of destroying mortar rounds mid flight which may also be a capability this machine has. Not only would drones lose their ability to attack but even some standard MP-AT weapons would be intercepted and destroyed.
does the stinger actually pull that much in reality? I know there was a whole thing about MANPADS and overload, I wanna know what data gaijin was ignoring to make stingers useless in game.
Pretty much every first party official source. Currently, the Stinger’s flight performance ingame is pretty much only based on the Russian Igla’s capabilities.
Anyways, here is a topic using just one of many sources available:
USA should add JAGM on this
They have already removed the hellfire missiles due to excess wear and tear causing safety concerns. So it’s safe to say that will not happen.
So what will be the replacement for hellfires?
More stingers/ngsri or nothing i wager
Probably better for air defense sake
without the hellfires this would be a great SPAA right before the LAV-AD due to lessened anti-tank capabilities, unless gaijin does what they did with the lav-ad (the hydras originally meant for… low flying helis? that they ended up not using) and gives it the hellfires despite the real life issues.
It would likely be at the same BR as the LAV-AD because while it does have worse anti-tank ability, it gets much better AA ability thanks to the 360 degree AESA radar and proxy gun ammo. And the Increment 3 would have much better missiles as well