The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

what

All Minor nation MBT need a buff other than Japan and Sweden probably.

As someone who’s played a good amount with the Merkava tanks, they’re infuriatingly heavy for how little protection they offer. The Armor, which Gaijin says is better against chemical, can’t stop HEAT rounds in most places, and even the 4M has trouble stopping missiles fired from the Khrizantema. You also have an aced 6.5 second reload, which leaves you with a free to play reload of about 7 seconds if you expert the tank. Essentially, you can barely out reload the T-72, which doesn’t rely on a loader to do its job.

The Armor is so bad that DM33 and 3BM42 both over-penetrate you regularly.

I cant wait for gaijin to find some random Russian guy on telegram saying “the leclerc actually has cardboard instead of composite” and then claim its a primary source and infallible evidence that the leclerc should be nerfed again

1 Like

Hard to believe but yes 2A7V in the game have weaker armor than 2A5/A6 what holding them right now is composite screen on UFP it was only thing that make them little bit stronger in term of armor

To be honest, it’s currently basically cardboard so …

Honestly at this point I don’t even consider Sweden a minor nation, just a major-nation-lite (gets the same treatment as a major nation when it comes to new vehicles and their abilities, but has minor nation problems when it comes to everything before late mid tiers)

Well I know that base armor is worse. I thought he meant actual armor effectiveness of both base armor + add-on.

Sweden can’t be considered a minor nation but it’s not like it gets even close to being one of the major. Literally the only thing going for Sweden are domestic Leopards while rest of the tt is far behind big “3”.

Sweden has amazing lineups for 2.7, 3.7, 5.3/5.7, 7, 8.0, 8.7, 9.3, 10, and top.
It’s not lacking at any point during the tech tree.

Yea sweden is by far the most filled out minor nation in warthunder

Lacking compared to major nations

Well yes… it is. You’re probably confusing the upper plate with the glacis/beak. Upper plate can be easily penetrated on the 2A7V as long as you’ve got around ~580mm of penetration (or more), the beak is only penetrable to stuff like DM53 from very close ranges (both shouldn’t be).

Sweden? Do you mean BetterGermany?

Better by what margin?

Pretty much everything, but this is not a Leopard/SWE/GER thread. Lets stay relevant to the topic.

I swear to god every time people say this it drives me insane.
Sweden has leopards
Germany has leopards
Sweden has L/44 leos with slightly better armour
Germany has L/55 leos with slighly worse armour
Just because the STRV-122B+ is better in meta right now does mot make sweden better germany

2 Likes

on god

Its not about it, and i already said lets stay relevant to the topic of the thread.

Shard got acknowledged, no comment though ;l
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/UORgIRTGXxMA

2 Likes

copefully hopefully