The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

however instead of that i would rather see both Germany and France get the EMBT Leo 2 Hull and Leclerc Turret

the EMBT 2018, yeah, could be fun. The EMBT 2022 would be even funnier. Completely redesigned turret, with a 30mm auto cannon, APS, and all around cameras

1 Like

Honestly I’d rather have Greece as a subtree for the following reasons:

• It has one of the biggest military in NATO but has barely any indigenous vehicles, so it’s unlikely it’ll ever be added to the game as a standalone nation.
  • France and Greece have excellent relationship, to the point that they have military treaties on top of the NATO and EU ones
  • It would add vehicles that France would otherwise not have access to: Leopard 2A6 & 2A7, Bradley, Marder, BMP-1, Pzh 2000, TOR, Osa, Apache, F-35 (we all know they’ll add stealth aircraft at some point)
  • For Greek players, grinding the French tree will also allow them to have access to vehicles that their own military operates or operated in the past: AMX-30, AMX-10P, Crotale, Mirage F1, Mirage 2000, Rafale…

It would be a win-win for both sides IMO.

3 Likes

I like the acceleration one.
I’d prefer we get torque converter simulation improvements for this to be fixed, and that’d be a nice 4 second buff from 8 seconds to 4.

france always have a rather high win rate at top tier, it has been this way for a long while

Was the T-90M not one of these popular vehicles that would bring back veterans? Yet why is the USSR winrate so low? While the German one so high? Even though they’re both major nations without significant differences in skill?

I already know why, I just find it funny that it goes against a very popular notion on reddit.

But win win solution for players is the the thing that Gaijin hated the most.

I think of out all the nations France could recieve as a sub-TT, Brazil would still be the best one.

Brazil used licensed versions of French 90mm DEFA F1, 90mm F4, and CN-120-25 A LOT when it comes to their prototypes and even adopted vehicles.

Tanks like the Tamoyo variants and 120mm Osorio would be immensely helpful to France’s TT, not even mentioning the many light tanks and wheeled vehicles such a sub-TT would offer.

There’s still this relatively old mockup picture someone made while suggesting such a thing.
Brazil

1 Like

So Greece, the UAE, or Brazil for a sub tech tree.

2 Likes

Good idea but TT are limited to 6 branch , so the tanks would be in the gaps instead of separate TT

idk about the leo bradley bmp etc in France

Well said tho I still find it more fun than Abrams, T-series or even Strv 122. I just got my 1st Leclerc like 2 days ago btw

I guess we can only wait for these bug reported spall liners

As someone who grinded and spaded all 4 Leclercs it makes me sad that most of these things are just ignored by Gaijin

“Ariete turret has no armor”
“Ok so it should spin fast”
“No, tank turrets are too heavy to spin fast”
“Ok so it should have more armor”
“Ariete turret has no armor”

1 Like

What can I tell you? I just haven’t had some of the issues you have had certainly not to the extend.
Sure with the current state of Leopard 2 and Abrams Leclerc could use some reworked armour if realistic as well as it’s reload fixed but the bad state you say it’s in is not as bad as you are making it out to be.
A dry spell perhaps but that’s it.

Regarding the upper front plate it also depends on the round that is being fired of coruse. Generally theer are spots that you can penetrate or use to bounce a shell between turret or hull on every tank in game.
Again I’m not saying Lecleerc is the absolute best tank we have in game. It is one of the lighter western tanks so it will most likely not be compareable regarding armour irl either.
Known issues should be fixed certainly but you are a little to pedantic or ignorant of some aspects here.

The UPF of the Leclerc is angled at 78º. Meaning that it does not bounce or shatter APFSDS (happened at 80º in game I believe).
Also, it’s armored at 250mm KE which can be penned by every single top tier shells. UPF armor is non existant on the Leclerc. Fun fact, a well aimed APHE from 5.0+ vehicles can pen it

2 Likes

Never said anything else. I was refering to upper plates in general.

Well, STRV, Leo 2A7, T series, ZTZ99, M1s from a flat shot (as it’s angled at more than 80º) will stop or shatter most APFSDS except in some specific weak spot. Considering the average matchup, those tanks will make the majority of the tanks you fight in your average game.
So no, UFP being weaker isn’t true for most vehicles you’ll see in top tier.
Only the Leclerc, Ariete leopard 2A6 and below and challenger 2 (I don’t know the protection from the 3 so I won’t mention it) actually suffer from this issue

Again here you can just aim a little higher and it works. Ofc Leclerc can not compete with some of the latest Leopard 2 variants.
What is the argument here?
You are somewhat wrong regarding ‘‘the T series’’ as well as ZTZ-99.
Even on T-90M the driver port area till abovem the gun is a weak spot. The older tanks have some areas left and right of it than can also be penetrated with teh OFL 120F1 which is not quite up to the task anymore anyway.
With Abrams anything between upper front plate and turret is a shot trap.
That leaves Leopard 2A7, as well as the STRv 122s which are indeed problematic regarding anything than the lwoer plate or breach frontally.

Leclerc could d owith a better round if available as well with soem improved armour and relaod where realistic true but it is not even below average overall.

The biggest issue currently is low post pen damage no matter which tank you are in if you have to snipe for certain weakspots and only end up being shot afterwards or the enemy repairing quickly while being covered by others that is pure pain. This makes certain weak points of Leclerc as we have it in game currently more noticeable.

No. The only things that have got problems with it are the weakest projectiles at top tier. Anything 600mm+ has absolutely no problems with the upper plate (BM-60 fx can defeat it at even ground at ranges up to ~400 meters).

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1062244544034377780/1195660290407268462/pen_map.png?ex=65b4cc6b&is=65a2576b&hm=789f9fbf4819a6466ac1c7eda6e1c27d0ebb51d5c38bb025dea691020185a26d&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=983&height=765

leopard 2A6

2A6 is suffering from the upper plate being weak???

Its upper plate is currently much better than 2A7s lol.

1 Like