The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Why ?

Actual 10.3 and 11.3 modern tanks have same or even better stats than our 11.7 Leclerc.
Look at Challenger, Abrams or ZTZ series …

France has been voided and ignored when it comes to bugs and unrealistic things. So many people made suggestions and it was just ignored. France in my opinion needs a rework for everything. However, i’m pretty sure the reason everything might be unrealistic is because France doesn’t disclose a lot of information about their vehicles, at least that what i heard.

France should be one of the big nations as they played a very important role in WW2 and WW1, I don’t understand why gaijin or the devs won’t look into the other nations as well and fix some issues there as well. The only major update with France was adding the naval forces everyone has been expecting, but most of us want a rework with the ground forces as its unrealistic.

They like to keep adding vehicles onto the tech tree but don’t want to fix any armor issues or rework some of the vehicles and it’s honestly annoying how they just decided to ignore everyone’s complaints and suggestions about the French vehicles.

4 Likes

After all the updates with other nations like Germany getting the 2a7, America getting a new M1a2, Russia getting a new t90, the Leclerc has been slacking more ever since. Most players are now naming the Leclercs as the one of the most worst MBT’s in the game just because of gaijin not paying any attention towards the complaints.

4 Likes

Stats are only one half of the picture. 11.3 is soemthing you can talk about but 10.3 is rediculous.

1 Like

The Leclerc’s hull armor is a bit of a joke in-game.

27 Likes

Granted the relaod is pushing it but if you aim a little higher or a little lower on the Abrams you are good to go.

Unlike the Leclerc where you’re free to go anywhere?

4 Likes

I usually aim for the same spots…

WT community for some reason : “the Leclerc is fine, it’s a jack of all trade”
The jack of all trade in question :

And that’s just armor. Firepower is subpar while mobility is basically the same as Abrams …

11 Likes

That armour analysis is not very telling.

How so ?

Because it is not very indicative.
Leclerc also survives more than you would think.

Nice to see when people ignore Type 10,which is better in almost everything then Leclerc.
But i said it again problems with nation like France,Japan etc is there ar not many players,but when you looks at US mains there are so many special people.
Right away they created a devblog about why they think the hull is not upgraded but geting answer about Leclerc,Type 10 nah they dont need it.

Nha this shows the bigger picture.

3 Likes

How is it “more” accurate? You just added the Ariete.
What you should be saying is something akin to “this shows the bigger picture”.

But this entire image is meant to be representative of the Leclerc’s armor - as it’s much weaker than the Abrams with a 38mm plate @ 81deg while it has a huge composite block @ 74 deg (only a few degrees of difference with much more thickness).

So - your addition doesn’t mean much. I do agree that the Ariete is a joke, currently. But the Ariete’s hull is actually accurate, while the Leclerc’s not.

What is currently wrong on the Ariete is the WAR kit being a joke. The Ariete’s WAR kit is 5 entire tons focused entirely on the turret cheeks so I believe the WAR kit should enable it to block at least 120mm DM43 (instead of being like 20mm RHA on the cheeks, what a joke).

4 Likes

better now? yep the balance sometime is a joke

technically the ariete armor is completely wrong anyway

My dude no person with an opinion worth having thinks the Ariete and Leclerc shouldn’t be buffed, but that being said the Abrams absolutely is the worst tank of the big three and is worse than even some minor nations’ tanks.

No one was asking for the 5 second reload, even though it is realistic. The impenetrable cheeks aren’t impenetrable to all rounds, the UFP should shatter APFSDS not bounce, mobility and gun handling are unremarkable in comparison to the best Leopards, Strvs, T-80BVM, and T90’s. I could list even more problems with the Abrams, but that’s not the point of this thread.

Leclerc S2 incorrect thermals generation used // Gaijin.net // Issues

11 Likes

Right, so I should just take your word over the armor analysis ? I think I’ll settle with the armor analysis, thank you.

Just a reminder that the Leclerc only have 3 crew members and exploding fuel tanks, so they don’t “survive more than you would think” lmao.

kek the leclerc shares the same explosive fuel tank problems as the t72/80 do, one hit on its lower glaci and its dead from fuel explosion

2 Likes