The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Report on the incorrect weight of the OFL 120 F1 penetrator : Community Bug Reporting System

This should slightly increase pen/spalling values if implemented, feel free to report it as well

15 Likes

Report about protection values for the armor: Leclerc ( All Variants ) wrong armor protection values // Gaijin.net // Issues

15 Likes

May I ask a question, do you know the OFL-120F1 or DM43’s diameter? In game it is 22mm, seems to be too small

The weight of the sabot has no effect on the spalling or penetration in-game given that all modern APDSFS have preset density values (17500kg/m3 for WHA and 18600kh/M3 for DU).

Gaijin is too lazy to give a specific density to each APFSDS in-game.

Seems about right. I don’t have any acceptable source for that, but I saw somewhere the the OFL and DM43 have a length to diameter ratio of 28:1

1 Like

Ok, thanks

Well, I don’t know how what exactly they use in their formulas, but if we consider they don’t use the geometry of the arrow as a known value, as I don’t think they have the total volume of the arrow, the weight would have an impact, as with a slightly higher weight, with a fixed density, that would impact the volume a bit, but still have an effect on the pen and spall with some luck.
Overwise, all APFSDS would have the same pen for the same muzzle velocity, which is not the case, and I don’t think anyone has a specific geometry for any of the late APFSDS in the game, meaning that the volume is guessed from the density and weight.

This report is acknowledge. thank you

2 Likes

It’s about time something like that passed.

1 Like

This is looking really good! I don’t want to speak too early but things are on the good track at least. Correct turret rotation, smoke grenades fixed, and corrected armour, camouflage and ammunition values are fantastic steps in the direction of what the Leclerc has been lacking since it was implemented. More to go, but it seems promising. Again, thank you guys for all the research and bug reports you’re making.

2 Likes

Good job

1 Like

Now rank 8 is officially confirmed, I wonder will they actually fix Leclerc and give it a new round. Maybe leave s1 at 11.7 and SXXI and Azur to rank 8 ? (after all the fixes and a new round)

2 Likes

I was gonna say, now that we’re seeing ground BR and rank going up, there’s room to look at the Leclercs performance and split some of the models after changes (fixes).

I am actually curious about what premiums will France get, cuz last time they introduced rank 8 jets, every nation got a premium right? I am secretly hoping for a stabilized end line light tank, that’s the last piece missing for the 12.3 line up for France.

I believe someone has posted a stabilised 120mm armed JakPaz before. Not sure that would make 12.3 though.

Yeah I just want a stabilized light tank that’s it, something that is mobile and can scout, so I can get on my precious mirage :). Amx 10 RC can possibly do the job, but lack of stabilized is just pain.

Best case for top tier lights would be a “What if?” Production Vextra POLE and the Jaguar.
AMX-10 might get left behind.

5 Likes

The VBCI chassis can be fitted with a 105mm cannon. I think that would make a good premium. Give the much more mobile Vextra 105 to the TT and give the VBCI 105 as a premium. It would play almost identical to a Type 16. That said, I haven’t seen any images of a VBCI with a 105mm turret.

2 Likes

I think the 105mm VBCI is still a proposal, I haven’t been able to find anything where it mounted any large cannons.

I think so too. If there was ever a mock up made then that would be the best bet for a French premium IMO. That or some variant of the AMX-32 or AMX-40 no one really cares for. I just don’t want the cool French stuff locked behind a paywall.