The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

A new shell already got denied by Smin.

F2, to be specific.
He hasn’t said anything about F1B+.

F2 was denied as it uses the same penetrator as the F1, but DU, and gaining algorithm does not give them much better performance from tungsten to DU.
However, there are at least 3 other more modern rods, in the form of the F1B, OFLE 120 F2 and SHARD just from NEXTER system, but the canon is also able to use all OTAN ammunitions including DM53 and 63 if necessary.
That would depend on how much Gaijing wants to buff the tank according to its statistics. However, as seen on the Ariete, there’s not much advantage to a better fire power when the armor is absolutely insufficient, which the Leclerc is suffering from more and more as updates goes by. And armor could (and imo) should be fixed according to more sensible real life values

3 Likes

Its a good bet everyone will get a rank 7 ground premium but if you remember the air premiums, they absolutly werent all made the same. Russia got a near copy paste mig-23 MLD while china got a glorified mig-21SMT and america got a 10.0 cas plane with aim-9L’s. Im imagining there will be a few MBTs (like click bait and OEM that we’ve already seen) and then we’ll get some light vehicles, maybe more gun carriers, and maybe even something in the 10.0 range

Lower your expectation. The bug report were accepted. It doesn’t mean anything more than that. These issues might not get fixed for another 3 years.

4 Likes

I know, but at least they’re accepting said reports, not straight up dismissing them.

If they aren’t coming within 3 patches they’re unfortunately still likely won’t go anywhere and we’ll be stuck with a dead vehicle.
The Buffs are the only France has to keep the Leclerc competitive with Rank VIII being introduced.

If the mentioned changes about the Leclerc frontal protection do get implemented, France won’t be needing any new Leclerc variant for quite a long time. And I’m fine with that. I’d rather have Gaijin focus in the crippling lack of top tier french light tanks and support vehicles.

4 Likes

If the 2A7V is getting added that means the XLRs time “should” be getting near.

4 Likes

I hope that means some fixes / buffs to the Leclerc then. I’m not interested in getting yet another fat Leclerc with paper-thin armor …

5 Likes

If the XLR turns into another generic Leclerc, instead of one that can lead MBT capability it’d be time to either revolt again or abandon Warthunder completely.

We definitely need the Leclerc as a whole fixed as a priority first though.

5 Likes

Actually the XLR has few feature that are not found pn the Leclerc ! It can fire programmed ammunition (and the Shard ammunition I think) plus it has a remote controlled 7.92 turret

4 Likes

It can definitely use SHARD. Would be nice to see if they can model programmable ammunition properly.

3 Likes

Does the XLR have any other upgrades?

1 Like

It Should have better composite and more modular armor added, otherwise it’s similar to an SXXI with AZUR.

5 Likes

Better thermals. It will almost certainly get 3rd Gen but the French developed 4th Gen SATIS thermals several years ago. There’s not any information on which is on the XLR AFAIK.

1 Like

4th gen in game would be either 1600x900 or fullHD resolution in game, would be awesome in game.

The modular armor is more advanced than all AZUR packages, including a significative increase in KE protection normally.
But as you all said, the XLR is still based of the Leclerc, so if the Leclerc is artificially nerfed, the LR will be as well.

Also, aside from the Leclerc, if they have gone the way of adding brand new vehicles for armor packages, there are I believe 2 more evolutions of the AZUR. The regular AZUR on a s21, and the AZUR from 2013 eurosatory also boast some modifications, such as an improved CE protection over the 2006 AZUR that is in game

Considering the EBRC Jaguar is on the front page of the brochure and there’s a few (albeit unreliable) reports on Google of SATIS GS being used, I think it’s relatively safe to say the Jaguar will get 4th Gen. Therefore, the XLR should get 4th Gen.

I will just quickly note that the Abrams X uses PASEO which is 3rd Gen.

4 Likes

Incorrect Top (Forward and Reverse) Speed for all Leclercs

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Bty1ZTVZ7AwP

it’s something…

10 Likes