The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Well considering the Leclerc was made to be highly technological and modular, I would not be surprised modern iterations bring its FCS up to par with more modern platforms.
Only thing it won’t be able to compete with is when it comes to the non modular part, mainly the superstructure and the hull (since the turret armor is also modular)

1 Like

The Leclercs still have many good years ahead of them.

It could be the best MBT in the world, if it wasn’t for the fact that France is not interested in improving its armor …

Its called 10NW and gets compared with the aegis combat system used on navy ships, I doubt its as “large” but the concept of combining all data sources from the tank & surrounding units into one system for maximum situational awareness makes sense. It also integrates into FiCS (communication system) and ReCS (Command & control system) that also integrates into the FCS.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see similar levels of information integration into new versions of NATO MBTs.

1 Like

Most likely because of their doctirine.

But hey at least Euro MBT shows promises.

2 Likes

It’s already better than most modern platforms. For example, Challenger 3 target tracking capabilities are now only on par with the Leclerc (20 years later) and its accuracy depends on how much the FCS was revised - it was pretty shit to begin to with…

Another example is the Abrams FCS which are still back in the 90s (American procurement moment).

XLR will most certainly have the best detection capabilities in the world (though I wonder what the Japanses have around these days), but it’s hard to say for sure what that will entail since the French are the last people to ever tell you something (especially these days).

To be fair, the SXXI armour should be mostly invulnerable to Russian shells but the one thing the Leclerc has going for it is it’s low weight. SXXI only weighs 56.6t and the XLR is supposed to weigh 63t which leaves a lot of room for armour improvement…

1 Like

IMG_2150
Looks like France is getting a lot of stuff next patch, and I hope the Vextra 105 is for France too, so we can finally have a stabilized light tank in tech tree.

5 Likes

There’s two version of the Vextra 105:

Unstabilised

Stabilised

And the unstabilised turret was already in the files as it was used on the (now removed) CV 90105 TML…

On the bright side, Vextra 105 would only come to France.

6 Likes

knowing gaijin we will get the unstabilized one and the other as a premium like with the amx 30 super

3 Likes

That’s why it says France is getting CBT

Not really that was just speculation by my behalf, the cbt is probably for the leaked benelux sub tt

does not need buff

Is it alright if I complain about how stupid I think BeNeLux for only France is? I’m genuinely not happy about hearing this.

I can go on a rant about how stupid I think it is based on laziness in Gaijin’s development, European culture, and technological connections. My biggest complaint is really the Dutch, as they should be in Germany.
If Gaijin ever just decides “Everything from these are going to this one tech tree.” I’ve already been struggling to get back into a mindset to even casually play WT again as it is.
The Vextra going to anything else but France will make me completely wash my hands of all this.

1 Like

The dutch will be a subtree for France because of the AMX-13-105.
Remember how Smin said France would get a DF-105 counterpart? Well there you have it.

That seems like such a strange solution for a simple problem.
I would rather like a stabilized variant of the AMX-13 anyways, the SK-105A3 is the best that I know of.

sk isnt really a “variant of the amx 13”

Technically not, I admit.
If France gets a foreign vehicle, it should at least be something that can’t already just have a French flag slapped on it. The SK-105A3 is based on the AMX-13.

It need buff, tank too mid.

It should already go to France without a Dutch subtree. And if that’s the “DF-105 counterpart” that the devs promised 2.5 years ago when it’s just an easy copy-paste… well, I’d be a bit disappointed to say the least.

1 Like

Now I’m sad, but it will at least have better firepower than 10rc right?