The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

I agree, think the fact that the Leclerc can be penetrated from the front by a Panzer 4 says a lot, and it needs to be fixed.
Although the OFL 120 F1 is too inconsistent in my experience.

4 Likes

All of them need change of course, but i think better (=reliable) armor would bring more fun time than just a more powerfull shells.

1 Like

I fully agree with you here. However I am a bit skeptical, because the armor is always going to be a nightmare to get good resources on, and previous attempts have shown that Gaijin is very “cautious” to changing it. As it stands, the armor just doesn’t stand up to top tier gameplay. No other top tier MBT can be killed from the front by 30mm APFSDS, other then the Leclerc. Which is probably the most frustrating thing about it imo.

New shells improve one-shot capability and reaction times versus complex armor. SHARD is a heavy dart, between 5-6kg.

It’s not because i’ve put shell 3rd rank that i don’t care about them, or that we don’t need more sheels.

Challenger 2 just got an armour rework i wouldn’t hold your breath lmao

new damage model rework seems to be coming for the type 10 for the looks of it, like 3 months ago, a major bug report about the disparities with the armor got passed to the developers aswell as recently being a lot of stuff centered towards japan, so either gaijin does the 2 in 1 or they only do 1

If its anything like the chally 2 it’ll only get worse

I bet you it will. They did it with all tanks getting armor reworked

It will be a proper rework on the dev server, everyone will be happy and excited about it.

Then on the live server, it will be gutted for some reason. Look no further then the Abrams ARAT and CR2 rework on the dev vs live.

Maybe it will be showcased at this year’s eurosatory ? :)

This might be a bit off topic, but do yall know if France experimented with putting ATGMS/rockets and other munitions on other helicopters like the Gazelle and the Eurocopters? I am particularly thinking maybe the SA 330 Pumas?

To my quick little research, the IAR 330 Puma SOCAT, a Romanian built one fires Spike FnF missiles.

Bingo

Older helicopters:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Then obviously the eventual Tigre Mk. 3 with >20km range Akeron LPs that can be 3rd party guided NLOS by any SCORPION vehicle (would be a little broken).

2 Likes

Can also LOAL the Acheron and manually lock a target using the camera on the missile from the tiger itself. Just hide under a tree line to evade all threats

Gaijin has already said that they will not add man in the loop capabilities, in game they would work like the spikes.

To be fair, Gaijin also said the engine couldn’t handle supersonic aircraft, and that they will NEVER sell premium jets or top tier premiums in general.

I would take anything that’s said with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

but we already have missiles that are capable to do it… not the same scenario.

1 Like

No? They are not? We have missiles that can do it in real life - like the ones on the QN506. But they’re all implemented like basic F&F.

So, no. It doesn’t matter if they can do it in real life because they didn’t model them like that on purpose. They tested the mechanic in an april fools and subsequently on a certain Swedish ATGM carrier - and they said no, scrapped it.