The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

TBF i don’t really know why the t90m and Leo 2A7V came before the XLR considering the state of Leclercs in game. I think it might come soon, however I’d rather have a buff of current Leclerc as of now

3 Likes

im worried if it comes now we would have to justify so many systems and upgrades its better to wait to get the current ones fixed

1 Like

It is also able to fire SHARD and Programmable amunition I think

2 Likes

Any Leclerc can fire SHARD Mk.1 (in fact, any NATO tank can do so, iirc the chamber pressure is even lower than DM63s which was averaging ~560 MPa at 21C).

8 Likes

Also HE M3M programable ammo with similar characteristics to DM11.

Understandable, have a good day

Would programable mean that the HE M3M is a proxy fuze shell?

1 Like

No, it means that Gaijin will make it bad. Look no further than Leopard 2A7Vs DM11 and how it’s by far one of the most (if not the most) purposeless multipurpose rounds in the game.

Basically, unless it has an actual proxy fuze, it will be made a timed round - meaning useless against helis (because they move - shocker, so timed fuze’s become worthless), useless against targets that actually move (because the round is set to explode after a selected time interval, so the target already moved away), useless even against stationary targets unless you don’t set the fuze because Gaijin coded them in such a way, that they explode in front of the target, rather than on top of it - so the HE load hits the most armoured parts instead of the least armoured ones.

2 Likes

This. Nevertheless, there at least one HE-VT shell in-game which does work: M339 (Delay Fuze, can overpressure any tank by firing at the roadwheels).

Spookston made a video recently about it:

1 Like

Is DM11 able to be explode with a timer OR a when it gets into the proximity of an air target ?

M339 is HE-TF, the Merkava HE is a special case, don’t count on getting anything similar on other vehicles.

3 Likes

DM11 its just time fused but can do something like the merkava shell where it can partially penetrate and explode

We still don’t know what the XLR looks like. At Eurosatory 2022, the “XLR” was just a Leclerc SXXI with some extra side protection and a RCWS.

Spoiler

For one, XLRs are going to replace the CITVs with PASEO:

Spoiler

the commander’s sight is replaced by a latest-generation PASEO sight

So you’ll know a XLR when you see it. Also the XLR has been in the works since 2015, so hopefully it’s a bit more than just an upgraded FCS

1 Like

Safran just won a contract with KNDS to produce new optics for the Leclerc XLR (not referring to PASEO) so yeah, Leclerc XLR still isn’t ready it seems.

6 Likes

hopefully it will qualify as a different vehicle to gaijin so we can have this “xlr” sooner since we dont know much about the actual finished product

1 Like

Hopefully upcoming armor report alongside with fuel tanks report will increase Leclerc’s efficiency a lot.

İf that happens then XLR can wait little more, i believe better shell should come first.

1 Like

for sure im just waiting for mobility to be fixed

1 Like

Current mobility doesnt bother me too much but it will be nice to see a buff.

Yeah I’d rather have better acceleration and 90 km/h top speed than a new shell honestly

2 Likes

Personnal ranking of what would be the most important to change:

armor > mobility (hyperbar engine) > new shells.

1 Like