The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Actually for manually loaded tanks, having the gun elevated is easier for the loader, as it means that the breach is at its lowest point (making it easier to drop the shell than to have to elevate it). Hence why you’ll often see Abrams and Leos elevating their gun just after firing. But your point still stands : only pure reload time is considered (and confirmed by gaijin themselves). Gun elevation, crew tiredness, reloading while moving… is not taken into account. Gaijin mostly goes on the fastest reload theoriticaly possible then adds a bit more for balance.
However, and I’ll keep hammering on that, the leclerc is proven to be able to reload in those 5s, and I, just like many others, would say that having this reload wouldn’t put the Leclerc out of balance. Heck, they even did it for the M1s

7 Likes

The MCS would be a very interesting tank:

• The pre-production Leclercs were produced in 1989 which means that they’d probably use the armour tested by the British in 1990 which was a minimum of 430 KE and 800 CE
  • Official testing footage from the French national archives website shows that the turret traverse is 45°/s
  • Gen 1 commander and gunner sights
  • Should have 90km/h top speed like the production Leclercs
  • Would only have access to OFL 120 G1
  • Ideally it’s given its 5 second reload

10.3/ 10.7 seems like a good BR, but with the ‘French battle rating tax’ the devs would apply it would probably be 11.0. It would no doubt sealclub 10.0 though.

Also, not as if there's plenty of support vehicles to add around that BR to make a line-up anyway

2 Likes

I just want France to get a Premium/Squadron Top Tier vehicle so that their statistics plummet and Gaijin can’t justify their nerfs by stating that “muh they OP bcuz statistiks say so”. :(

Maybe a Squadron United Arab Emirates Leclerc would do the trick.

6 Likes

Can’t have anything playing France. Can’t even get top-tier premiums to tank the winrate…

1 Like

Unfortuanely, no. Leclerc UAE is roughly better than the current S1, which according to Gaijin is 11.7 worthy, so…
Leclerc UAE would have:

• Better Sights ( up to 14x instead of the 10x we have currently )
  • Thermals for its CITV
  • Different Engine
  • Roof MG

And well, armor kits, but that is up to Gaijin.

3 Likes

Well, Squadron Vehicles don’t necessarily have to be worse than some of the Top Tier tanks.

I mean, look at M1A1 AIM! One of the best Top Tier American tanks, only behind M1A2 SEP possibly (since SEPv2 is just SEP but heavier and slower).

Also, according to this suggestion, this tank would be the heaviest Leclerc at 57 tons (like AZUR) and its different powerplant would make it accelerate actually slower than the other Leclercs.

So it would basically be a heavier and slower Leclerc S1, while I wouldn’t say the bigger zoom sights aren’t an advantage and the roof MG isn’t that much of a big deal. CITV thermals is nice though.

3 Likes

it would be cool to see it after the amx 40

1 Like

You generally would be right, however for the moment Gaijin haven’t modeled Hyperbar yet, so i suspect the mobility would be the same roughly.

You are right, however M1A1 AIM does for example lack CITV’s and a better round. Personally i think the only way Gaijin could add the Leclerc UAE as a squadron vehicle would be with a worse round, however this is a thing only Gaijin can deduct.

The gun on level is mentioned in diagramm which is used for T-72/T-64/80 reloads, so it is accounted in reload time IRL, but instinct in game in any form.

In WT blast doors arent even open in any of reload time.

Might be off topic but is a Esport team even playing the Leclerc?

Gaijin don’t make top BR premium/squadron vehicle

Challenger 2 OES, M1A1 AIM and M1A1 HC “Click-Bait” aren’t top BRs out of technicalities, I am sure they can figure anything similar for any tree.

1 Like

This isn’t a meme at this point, it’s a fucking documentary.

Lmao. Yeah we saw what happened with the TPK and AMX-10P: Barely added to fill a gap only to be receive an increase in BR, recreating the void they were supposed to fill.
And the AMX-40 and Roland have been without a lineup for years, not too mention the entirety of the tree lacking light tanks and support vehicles (the ELC bis doesn’t even get spottig FFS). They seriously expect us to believe that now they’re going to address it?
Yeah, not fucking likely.

16 Likes

ofc not the meta is 2A7V/122B+ lmfao

imo T80BVM is shit actually, it’s really easy to OS beside leo/strv

reverse speed is horrorful and easy breach too

That’s funny since the lack of this lineup is Gaijin’s fault at first.

5 Likes
To paraphrase the wise words of @Mobius_Einherjar - the memes have become a documentary

8gxda0

Only the devs are responsible for the sorry state of French ground.

7 Likes

bvm is not shit, it’s the game environment. Just like Leclerc, if you compare it side by side to other nations mbts, it is average but not bad. The real problem is that 80% of the vehicles we see are the big 3, which all of them are better than Leclerc in game. BVM is still a very strong vehicle, its is just A7V and all the 122s are too op.

the leclerc should have the best mobility of the game…