The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Type 10 should be the most mobile. Leclerc would be close but still not the best

Type-10 should not be able to reach 90km on straight line if im not mistaken which is why Leclerc should be more mobile.

Max speed isn’t the only factor defining mobility. Type 10 is much more nimble, light and responsive than Leclerc. At least irl

type 10 has a transmission that gets its mobility higher than basically any mbt in the world and combine the fact that even tho the engine its less powerful the tank weights only 44 tons so yeah top speed not the best but agility surely the best

Mobility is different agility is different my friend.

1 Like

basically the type 10 has better acceleration and can reach top speed much faster than any mbt mainly because of the transmission, that’s better?

Much better.

if only gaijin could code the transmissions as a separate module that affects mobility

Leclerc ( All Variant ) incorrect composite sideskirts thickness // Gaijin.net // Issues

9 Likes

CVT isn’t some magical technology though. It undoubtedly allows for better acceleration. But the engine is a normal turbocharged diesel engine as far as I know. According to Martin Klotz who was the Head of MBT and AFV Programmes at the time, the Leclerc takes 2.8 seconds to reach 1500hp whereas even the best conventional diesel engines achieve 8 seconds at best.

Spoiler

Sure, you can say that the Type 10 is a more modern engine which uses CVT. But the French stuck a helicopter gas turbine on to a V8 which produces 7.9 bars of pressure whereas a typical turbocharger generally achieves 2.5 bars of pressure. A helicopter turbine will do some funny stuff when attached to a tank.

CVT would allow for ‘continuous’ gear changes (you hopefully understand my phrasing) but the Leclerc is probably able to beat this by virtue of sheer instantaneous power. Anyway, we can only hope to see a drag race between the Type 10 and Leclerc.

2 Likes

It’s not even like the engine was really super modern, and it’s not only a CVT transmission; it’s a special type of CVT named HMT transmission, but with a few modifications that make it different from conventional HMT. It has similar functioning as a CVT but with a few more complex things. It does not have gears, but the gearbox is connected in such a way that it has not really gears but modes for the transmission (ST-R-N-D-M1) being named as super strong, retreat, neutral, forward, and emergency first gear.

For what I could understand, basically, you can give the transmission a personalized amount of power for that, and the system will choose the amount of power output depending on the “gear.” It also depends on how you use it, because if you use the neutral steering, it will input more RPM and torque for a faster neutral steer, and if you need to accelerate, it will input torque and HP and slowly decrease it until you have a faster RPM. It’s kind of weird.

Spoiler

1 Like

For what I could understand, basically, you can give the transmission a personalized amount of power for that, and the system will choose the amount of power output depending on the “gear.”

So the transmission optimises for the desired outcome? Man… I see ‘hydro’ and I think water - then I wonder wtf water has to do with a transmission.

Both Hyperbar and HMT probably have their merits. The Hyperbar ‘brute forces’ it by strapping a helicopter turbine to a V8 and the HMT does some weird water-bender type shit that’s way too advanced for me to comprehend.

At least for the Leclerc, according to (unclassified) internal documents (i.e. that's meant for distribution within the French army) it's able to accelerate 0-50 km/h in 4 seconds IRL:

yeah i get you that happened to me the first time I saw the name, the Leclerc its more of a brute force engine with good outcome and the type 10 its a more sophisticated system, it uses a hydraulic liquid that swaps from place to place around the transmission HydroMechanicalTransmission weird concept and hard to understand, as for the acceleration i would need to get info about it but through the transmission mechanical conversion the aproximate HP/T it has its around 29.8hp/t due to the transmission performance, as for the time there is no time measure right now but there is stuff such as this rn, the best reference as for the acceleration its a video of it going against a Type 90

Spoiler

video

https://youtu.be/o5iemZOq9jM?si=6BdSAFsdBjQ_xj6X&t=267

1 Like

İ see Leclerc report i press “i have the same issue” button.

9 Likes

I hope all of us feel very satisfied that Gaijin is adding the VTT DCA. Seems like a vehicle we needed /s

Now we might have to wait another 4 months to see a light tank in the french TT at top tier

8 Likes

A 2.ish AA is really what we all needed
Could have had way funnier AAs with 20mms, and yet that’s what we’re given /s

2 Likes

I wonder if we’re going to see France get it’s actual modern camo this update so it can stop using German CARC…

Photo of the Leclerc used in the meme (isn't she beautiful?)

Photo of the Leopard 2A7 in similar lighting

Photo of a Leclerc and Leopard side-by-side

10 Likes

Welcome to the game!
I agree, having their own cameo would already be a huge step from gaijin showing they actually care about the vehicle

2 Likes

Thanks man! I never want to play arcade again…

1 Like