The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Are any of you guys behind this thing?

https://docer.pl/doc/8151ss8

Did it ever got posted or reported to the devs?

1 Like

@HielHortler @Texas_Engineer_Mike
The pictures are linked from the bug report, you can see them here on the right under “screenshots”:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/WIbWMOH8scDT

Not sure if you’re talking about me or the guy I was responding to lol, because I’m well aware well it’s trash, that’s one of the reason I made this thread.

Not gonna lie though, I was expecting that that incredibly small strip of armor would at least work. Turns out it’s fucking bugged.

This part is incorrect. There’s a sort of grate to protect the commander and gunner from the gun and autoloader, but they’re not entirely separated

(timestamp 09:20 and 09:33)

2 Likes

cheers

I am uploading the PDF version of https://docer.pl/doc/8151ss8 because I am unsure if the website works
19.12.23 Leclerc (All Variants) Incorrect Frontal Armour.rar (223.7 KB)

3 Likes

It’s not “bugged”, the Devs intentionally made it that way. They modelled the armor on the basis of a pre-production Leclerc used during the Swedish trials. That’s how “guestimates” work for any nation that’s not Russia in this game …

6 Likes

LOL no. My bug reports for it have been in purgatory for months.

I know all that, but you’re missing what I’m saying. There’s a very small strip of the glacis that’s “reasonably” armored, and 3BM42 absolutely shouldn’t be able to pen it:

And yet, 3BM42 can penetrate it like a hot knife through butter in actual battles, as showed in this video

By the game’s own rules, 3B42 shouldn’t be able to pen that part of the Leclerc, yet it is able to.
The armor isn’t just poorly modeled and implemented compared to the real life Leclerc, it’s honest to god broken.

2 Likes

Hi @Smin1080p , sorry for bothering, do you know if there will be an official response concerning the (numerous) Leclerc’s reports ? (Such as the one made for the Challenger 2 and M1 Abrams)

5 Likes

Hello

We do not plan to do a seperate article on every MBT. We covered the most discussed matters in the community feedback for the previous major update.

We will continue to work on reports for all vehicles and answer them directly in each individual case after it has been properly reviewed.

1 Like

M1 Abrams: 1600 replies
Leclerc: 2300 replies

“We covered the most discussed matters” except Leclerc cause why not

24 Likes

I’d be surprised if any other top MBT had more open reports than the Leclerc.

But they won’t give a French TT consultant and they won’t address the Leclerc… Minor Nation Syndrome

6 Likes

Challenger 2 maybe

1 Like

Forget about it its the same boat as Japan,we dont havy big comunities which can cry enough that Gj will hearthem,lkke US and Brits.

1 Like

My guess is that they won’t do another copeblog on the Leclercs since they have basically NOTHING of value to argue about it. The Leclercs should have been fixed years ago, and yet, they’re basically the same as the Leclerc S1 was when it was added 4 years ago.

3 Likes

This is a reckless post.
There’s no knowing what’s coming based on 2 out of the ~42 average vehicles added each update.

I really hope France gets more then another mid-tier spaa. I want to be exited for new updates but every time there is nothing but shit additions (amx10m) or just boring additions (spaa’s) how can Gajin expect any new players to want to play the French tt when it is constantly left to rot every update.

Gajin really has no interest in the tt there isn’t even a pack premium with the removal of the amx30 super and if the leaks are real it will be another patch with no premium. When Gajin doesn’t even care enough to scam players with a 80 dollar pack you know they reallt don’t give a fuck.

off topic but,

How is this possible actually something good from a free crate???

5 Likes

France completely neglected in this game, I hope the devs are not surprised no one plays this nation, and everything suggests that they hate France.

Very often, when I play my Leclercs, I am the only Frenchman, sometimes by a miracle, we are 2.
And when I play another nation, France is never present.

As a French player, I am very disappointed and it discourages me from playing this game.

16 Likes

So a series of bug reports were made by @totolescargo and @WaretaGarasu about the Tiger helicopters. They were all buffs to the Tigers except for one which was to reduce the RoF from 750rds/min down to 720rds/min. We have received confirmation from a tech mod that the bug report for RoF has been resolved and will be ‘fixed’ in the new update meanwhile every other bug report (that would otherwise buff the Tigers) are still open.

One of the bug reports made by Wareta was to increase the explosive mass of the autocannon shells from 16g to 50g. Relatively simple, right? But it’s still open. I guess changing 2 digits in a line of code is too difficult for the devs but changing a 5 to a 2 is much, much easier.

Really is a case of…

Still no update on current bug reports for the Leclerc. All that have been submitted have been acknowledged. Maybe we see some fixes on the dev server but considering the devs can’t even be bothered humouring us with one of their copeblogs…

26 Likes

Having the French version of BTRZD/Bosvark with more ammo being called “useless” isn’t the bad take I expected to see today.
Also that’s like half of the vehicles.

This topic is also about Leclerc…

@SHARKZ
Leclerc being incorrect =/= France bad.
Mirage 4000 is the 2nd best air RB jet, it has one of if not the best 7.7 lineup, solid 8.7, 5.7, 6.0, 6.7 lineups for ground, neat aircraft at all ranks…
But this is about Leclerc, which is the tank that gets us our amazing CAS spawns in top BR ground RB.

And Leclerc should be made as accurate as possible.

1 Like

Didnt realized we can fire OFL F1 from Mirage 4000, our bad.

6 Likes