The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Speaking of new ammo, does anyone have good sources on French “polynege” smart top attack ammo?

I can find tons of info for the US designed STAFF shell as a US citizen, but quality french sources are difficult to come by.

120mm HE M3M would be pretty nice, I think. Should perform similarly to existing time fuse programmable ammo Merkava has in-game. “Polynege” and STAFF would be just an interesting option to explore.

1 Like

ERA evraywhere was less common when i grinded them.

Still i think my brain just deleted the trauma from my mind. Don’t even want to imagine how it is to grind them now

I can’t see why it can’t be added

Oh don’t worry, it’s gonna be added to every NATO tank in WT, except Leclercs.

1 Like

Didn’t they say they had a Leclerc copeblog in the making? The brits got theirs on their challengers so where is the Leclerc one? We’re almost at 2.5k replies and still almost none of the fixes have been implemented…

1 Like

I think they’ll fix a lot of things regarding Leclercs situation in the next update, especially if they release the XLR and a premium leclrc

3 Likes

I hope so…

let’s hope for the best

page 70

SHARD would be nice. The only difference it would make as of right now over DM53 is that the left side of the Abrams turret cheek (when looking at it from the front) would become penetrable at close range - but US mains still haven’t figured out that DU isn’t modelled in the turret armour. But I doubt France will get the best round even if the 2A7 is the best vehicle in-game (once the devs uncook the model) and has the best round.

Leclerc XLR would just be copy-paste with 4th gen thermals. It would be better off coming once there’s more info about a possible French APS.

What France really needs is light vehicles. In which case there’s two really good options:

EBRC Jaguar (suggestion passed to devs December 2021):

• 40mm autocannon will have 166mm pen @ 0m and V₀ = 1639m/s at 200rds/min
  • 4th gen commander and gunner thermals
  • Automatic IRST for planes and tanks out to 22,000m within FoV of thermal sensor
  • LWS and MAWS
  • Should be able to manually guide onboard missiles from the commanders or gunner sight (since FnF is such a shit mechanic)
  • Acoutic detection out to 2000m 2400m and GPS coordinates
  • A few other bells and whistles

Vextra POLE (suggestion passed to devs December 2023):

• ‘Official’ top speed from GIAT is “over 120km/h”
  • 0 - 30km/h in 3.4 seconds IRL
  • Similar gun to Leclercs
  • 3rd gen commander and gunner (I’m pretty certain?)
  • Can drive over 100km/h with two wheels blown out

Since France hasn’t received an accurately modelled vehicle since the SXXI, hopefully we see the EBRC Jaguar this update. It’s not as if the devs have been sitting on the suggestion for over 2 years.

Anyway, we’re pretty prepared on the bug report side of things for the Jaguar so it would come into the game very accurate.

10 Likes

DM53 is currently underperforming fyi. The density is too low (per Rheinmetall).

1 Like

Hopefully that gets fixed. That would make part of the Abrams turret penetrable at close range. Maybe the devs would be more open to SHARD.

Lets be honest here… they will only add SHARD with XLR, butcher it and go “well, gib us precise numbers )))”.

3 Likes

I have no doubt

Indeed, the jaguar would be chef kiss. And it’s CTA40 canon could be found in other funny vehicles, such as a VAB 6x6 with an unmanned turret literally slapped in it.

1 Like

hope they fix AHEAD

Is it stabilised tho?

1 Like

yeah obviously.

1 Like

you never know

1 Like