The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

ik but he asked about S.21 - XLR difference

As far as I know, the base leclercs don’t have a LWR, aka S1, S2 and S21. AZUR kit was fitted with a LWR, and maybe some specific tranches of the s21, but I don’t have infos on that

That means it’s going to arrive in style. I think the Leclerc truly is the fashionista of WT anyway. Now if only their camos green/brown/black were correctly colored…

1 Like
1 Like

I think we should look forward to the XLR, E-MBT and T40 Leclerc. Those 3 additions would essentially save France and actually make it viable again (along with IFVs and whatnot)

1 Like

Cant wait to see them get another copy-pasted us heavy and nothing else this year lmao

By the way many 3d models are imaccurate or differ on the same vehicle model.

2 Likes

Understandable, have a good day!

France is dead
Leclerc is absolutely the worst MBT in the whole tech tree

Speed - Lecler has probably one of the top speeds in 11.7
Firepower - Lecler has 575mm, Germany 652mm, US 629mm, Soviet 580mm, UK 652mm, Japan 615mm, China 577mm - worst penetration in the entire game, for reload it’s 2nd best after Japan, but not by much better compared to US or Soviet only 0.50s difference is very tiny
Survivability - Worst survivability in the entire top tier

So you get marginal speed advantage that doesn’t do much in a high tier where EVERYONE is fast, you get horrible pen dart for a NATO tank compared to 629-652mm that other’s have with a reload that’s only 0.5s faster and you basically have 0 armour to speak of compared to abrams/leopard, but you are also a NATO tank with similar design

France is basically the bottom of the barrel, there is no reason to grind this tech tree AT ALL because every other nation does it WAAAAY better than Leclerc’s do, and they took out AMX-30 Super, so you have no MBT, not to speak about how there is no stabilized guns up to 9.3 and on top of that they decided to nerf the 7.7 into 8.0 practically killing it

So the question to Devs is - can you please refund all the RP people spent on grinding France and delete the nation, so we can put those points it into OP Sweeden? Please and thank you very much

10 Likes

the Abrams out reloads the Leclerc now, 5 second vs 6 seconds

So the question to Devs is - can you please refund all the RP people spent on grinding France and delete the nation, so we can put those points it into OP Sweeden? Please and thank you very much

I genuinely do not understand why Sweden is so goddamn OP compared to all the other minor nations, why do they get all the good stuff? Their top tier is 4 Leopards + a T-80U + 4 IFVs. The only thing they lack is a good CAS, but that’s going to change with the finnish Hornet

2 Likes

Tbf the gripen is still a okay tier CAS, with only France and US having far better options. They lack only a good heli

2 Likes

Actually France as a minor nation is in a pretty good shape right now, we gather here is because Leclerc is just not a good representation of its real life form. The real thing we lack are Leclerc fixes and a stabilized light tank. Two mirage and tiger heli is pretty good in terms of cas ability. Only US and China with JH 7A and F16 can be comparable to France. In terms of anti air, Ito 90M is not as good compare to Pantsir, but definitely better than the German Truck, and VT1 is pretty good missile imo.

The actual problem is that a weak mbt with no available option of light tank scouting, it is very hard for French players to get on cas. You just have to be better than the opponent and take a few kills against all these bvm and A7Vs.

3 Likes

How covenient.
But WOW. I believe that’s the single best example of Russian bias we have. This is astounding actually.
Or maybe they believe Sweden is part of France lol
And they dare pretending there is no Russian bias ?

2 Likes

Leclerc (All) Front Fuel Tank Should be an ‘Exterior Fuel Tank’

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/FpUTCvQsPq3v

Should make the Leclerc a little less explode-y

17 Likes

Why bother ? They clearly don’t give a shit about France and the thousands of reports made by dedicated people.
They just decided that France had to be bad starting from the bottom all the way to the Leclerc.

1 Like

If someone had told me a few months ago that I’d become a masochist - I wouldn’t believe them ; )

Honestly, half the issue is spoonfeeding the necessary changes to the devs. The rest is just waiting for them to actually decide they want to be spoonfed. At least the bug reports won’t go away, so the research is all there.

3 Likes

I get from this that only the bottom fuel tanks would be considered internal, right ?

The problem lies in the belly tank. I got intagibed so much because something hit this one.

I know people are probably going to focus on how much this would mainly effect Germany and the UK’s Challenger 3, but if this was to make it in-game then it would also be a major buff to the suffering pasta bros.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1aylCMFDKVtI

Only if France could get something similiar lmao

1 Like