The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Agreed.

You highlighted the problem in that more experienced players are playing it. Something to note is that these vehicles are less forgiving in their survivability so they require a higher skill level that just pressing “W.” and what happens is they get on a flank and are ignored left to demolish the battlefield.

We should change this thread to FRANCE is in dire need of a buff

6 Likes

half a year mark since the original post, I wonder if we’ll be here for the 1 year anniversary :)

4 Likes

Any news about bug reports?

I finished grinding France air and ground, started to be painful and infuriating. I moved to Sweden since I bought the CV90105 back then, and it feels really good overall. Can’t wait to get between 10.0 and 11.7 to be able to compare the Swedish high tier experience with the French one.

Really ?
France unitl 8.7 is fine imo. Autoloaders, great pen and great mobility carry them through mid tier.

9.0-10.0 lacks only in Lineups

10.3-11.3 does not exist rn

And 11.7 has Leclercs…

The only BR with auto loaders and great mobility is 7.7. After that it’s average speed, mediocre round, slow reload and no armor with no stabilizer.

I’ll never forget being breached by a .50 MG from the front, fun times.

Do you play France?

4 Likes

To be fair, I think French top tier has great potential, but it is locked behind two end line mirage and Tiger heli. Leclerc is a mediocre tank at its best, fire power is not an advantage, non existing armor, big gun breach (and I don’t think mobility is a big issue in top tier unless you are playing chally 2). If we would get a light tank like cv 90 120, I think no one will want to touch Leclerc since it is the weakest point in that line up.

7.7 is fine (or should I call it 8.0) is bit of stretch, it reminds me of using ebr to fight tigers. Especially when facing Soviet tanks, and yet the only option you have for that lineup is to flank unless you have somua.

1 Like

too bad the 7.7 lineup is getting moved up next patch! Can’t have anything fun with France am I right Gaijin?

3 Likes

yes.
I have the first two leclercs and the ito actually…
Atfer that I gave up

But everything in between 4.0 and 8.7 is still hella fun for me and is currently doing a fine job. Especially anything that has to do with the amx 13. Except for that chaffe monstrosity… Why cant Gaijin give us the Chaffe hull with the FL 10 turret ? :(

Israel got Merkava reload buff

France didn’t get Leclerc reload buff

:/

2 Likes

We are completely different players. Most people don’t enjoy being cannon fodder and while I see you play France you do not understand them but I appreciate you helping drive their efficiency down, genuinely.

100%

I think gaijin forgot these tanks (most) dont have roof top machine guns, smoke launchers, smoke rounds etc, no stabs, no NVD cuz you know fighting BMP3 and PTL02s will be fun.

This noted somewhere? I didn’t see it getting moved up in the BR notes but if you’ve got it available I’d appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Did the Leclerc’s gun get nerfed? It is now failing to pen Russians constantly.

Dude a simple google search brings it up.

The TO90/30 and Char25 will essentially become dead tanks. The sad part is that I would probably play a Char25t over the AMX30s anyway because they are so awful. In either case, I’m not playing them if it’s less than 150sp to spawn.

Given I found this and it is not as remotely dire as you or they suggest, with the only really problematic one being the char 25t, think you could do with being more polite.

1 Like

Check your insecurity at the door, nothing I said was impolite, I provided a link and how I got it.

So perhaps you practice what you preach and simply respond with a thank you.

Further the TO9030 uses the same M82 round as the char, is larger, can’t scout. Of all the French 7.7 tanks it’s the least efficient. It was fine at 7.3, it’s asinine at 8.0

I just finished the Swedish line both air and ground. let me just tell you one thing, I get 3.0KD easily while grinding modifications with STRV 122. That’s how strong that thing is.

Doesnt count when you skip 90% of it.