The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

At this rate I’m certain Gaijin is cooking up a Swede Leclerc variant that will recieve 5s reload, actual hyperbar engine performance and vastly improved armor through appliqué composite. Gaijin will jump through as many hoops as possible to prevent a french tech buff, as historical precedent has shown.

8 Likes

Yea considering the BR changes the french just need to play like american premium tank buyers for a buff

Please chill with the derail.

Anyway,

I just had a scary thought: The Mirage 4000 was passed to devs for consideration in october 2023 and was added last update. The Vextra POLE was passed for consideration in november 2023, and they just removed the AMX-30 Super as the premium pack…

I really, really hope that doesn’t mean that the Vextra POLE will be the new premium. That thing needs to go in the tech tree.

You wanna see something even more stupid?

The skirts of the Strv 122B+ offers a slightly better CE protection and significantly better KE protection for only half the weight increase of the Leclerc AZUR (400kg increase from the Strv 122A to Strv 122B+, 800kg from Leclerc S2 to Leclerc AZUR).
And keep in mind that the additional weight of the Strv 122B+ isn’t limited to just the skirts, the turrets sides also were uparmored, spreading those 400kg all over the tank while the AZUR’s 800kg is mostly limited to the skirts and remote turret.

The blatant discrepancies in terms of weight/protection between the two is insane.

And before anyone says “that’s because one is composite and the other ERA”, it has already been pointed out that the AZUR’s skirts aren’t ERA but NERA/Composite, just like the issues on the Challengers that @Mytho-GR1 mentionned above.

10 Likes

High tier premium packs, usually, aren’t unique to their TT; the only exception i can think of is Obj.120. Could be a GE premium tho (2S38, T114, VBCI, …)

Plot twist: Next update Gaijin decompress top tier (11.7->12.3) and France gets a UAE Leclerc as premium pack.

Now that you said this, it will happen.

3 Likes

As far as we know, only a single prototype of the Vextra POLE exists and there’s nothing else like it, so if it gets added as a premium there simply won’t be anything similar to add to the tree.

So yeah, the Vextra POLE has to go to the tree. If Gaijin feels like adding a premium stabilized light tank to France, they can add the AMX-10RC TML.

1 Like

Well, there also is the vectors 105 which I believe has its turret based on the TML as well, and this one was passed about 1-2 years ago

1 Like

Yeah they assume thay its just all ERA and not NERA ERA sandwich
Should have better ce protection then the russian ERA

1 Like

I have one book by photosniper, called “Char Lecerc”. In that are a few hints at the armour changes - also that the Batch 3 seriè une had a protection increase on the commanders side, etc. There’s rough claims about increase of armor protection, but nothing precise like concrete values. Except for speed which it states that they Leclercs could hit up to 90 kph wwhen the crews were training in the desert.

It’s a secondary source, obviously. Also it is the only I own. If you need let me know. But you might have it alredy.

2 Likes

A Leclerc is quite likely, as the Rank VII Premiums are just capable MBT variants that went through the gold shower, essentially.

I’d personally rather wish for a French Leclerc. Some specific one with a name that’s famous - and make it a S2, for sure. Just looks so much better.

2 Likes

They won’t add 11.7 premiums

well if they increase the br cap to 12.0 they would

Highest planned BR for premiums is 11.3 as of rn so still no. Also Leclerc premium would be top tier either way

Gaijin already thought through the process, currently ground is only up to 11.7, but if you add up cas, let’s say Mirage 5F, that will make it 12.3. Which it will make a “uptier” for all these premium users. And we all know that top tier is much about line up and not just mbts. So theoretically gaijin is creating a new separate tier for these 11.3 prems to avoid veteran’s heavy cas ability.

As far as I know that never was a question. PzH 2000 most likely is the best armorued howitzer in the world.
Caesar is not an armoured howitzer to begin with.
Caesar and PzH 2000 differ extremely in basic design approaches and in their design based on tactical and strategic considerations. PzH 2000 is supposed to move with and support heavy components such as tank and grenadier units.
Caesar has a rather different set of requirements also reflected by the pricetag as well as production numebers.
Fire rate and targeting software as well as ergonomics should be superior on PzH 2000.
Do not get me wrong Caesar is a very good weapon system but it fits a different role and doctrine.
In short PzH 2000 is the high end solution designed for warfare against the Soviet Union on European soil while Caesar is a post cold war concept more suited to the expeditionary needs of France after 1991.

It would be more reasonable to compare RCH 155 to Caesar but with RCH 155 being the first Howitzer to be able to fire while on the move…

Based on their history, it is not uncommon for a premium to be a tiny bit lower than its TT counterpart. And let’s be very frank here: The Leclerc is by no means a Leopard 2A7V, not a 2A5 in capability and armor. It doesn’t have the armor or the spall liners to make it so survivable. So placing it at 11.3 isn’t a crime based on the objective capabilities of the machine.

I’d argue it is indeed on 2A5/2A6 level.

Leclerc does have armor and spall liners the thing is Gaijin used armor values from prototype version and didnt implemented spall liners yet.

İt suppose to have much better protection alongside with spall liner coverage.

3 Likes

The best choices for a premium would be either the UAE Leclerc (Leclerc with a German Diesel engine)
or the Leclerc XXI AZUR (Leclerc azur with commander thermals).
Imo