The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Russian propaganda and bold claims are only valid when it favors Russia but unreliable otherwise and cannot be used for NATO vehicles, in what world does that even make sense?
You guys are literally denying anything that isn’t outright classified information whilst pretending NATO vehicles have not evolved in decades, I’m out of words to describe the circus this game has become.

12 Likes

“We already know russian sources lie, so give us some classified info pls.”

“BTW we just found this napkin that read T-series don’t spall, so we aren’t going to fix that either!”

These double standards are starting to get a bit old…

16 Likes

M735 was buffed by 4mm of pen at 2km, but I don’t know what the changes were for 100 meters as I didn’t have that data before the update.
I am curious if there are further changes regarding the ammo in the future.

Spall liners for Leclerc are coming, as well as armor changes.

@Miragen
Weird since T-90M uses a 1984 hull and slightly improved 2006 turret armor.

3 Likes

Weird since the 2A7 is worse than a 1995 version of the same vehicle, oh wait it’s not but Gaijin is pretending it is.

3 Likes

Leclerc (All Variants) Incorrect Side Armour

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/DMAZC8OWF8uW

16 Likes

Nothing for the Leclerc… I think it’s time for us to understand that Gaijin don’t give a sh*t about France!

10 Likes

Yeah, I figured. I’ve said that it’s a possibility that a universal Leclerc buff could happen to have the Leclerc competitive, but as more time goes by its increasingly unlikely…
So France is pretty much dead as a ground tree, not like it was very competitive to begin with. But now it will likely just be unplayable.

7 Likes

I play France solely to take the attackers and the choppers out at top tier. Leclerc just works, there is nothing outstanding about it.

5 Likes

I don’t have a single shred of hope. I’ve just checked. Bossman, wareta and the few others on the discord we’ve been working on for the Leclerc has about 14 acknowledged reports over the course of 3 months. Of all of those, the only one that has actually been implemented is just changing the weight of the 120 F1 penetrator in the start card, with no actual change in the way it performs.
I don’t think devs have any interests in the French ground tree. That is further proved with the lack of a real high tier light tank in the tech tree, which could be an easy imp,ementation as both chassis and turrets for a few vehicles are actually already present in game…

8 Likes

T-90A is from 2004, sure it got thermals standartised in 2006 but turret existed in its form serialy since 2004.
Now if you go back to the USSR before the collapse:

Spoiler

Object 187

One is version with gasturbine from T-80s, other two are probably versions with 1000hp engine, other one could be version with 1200hp x-engine.
Theres even better version with new style UFP that gets rids of driver hatch weakspot and improves armour but my point is turret is design from late 1980s), used on 2004 tank, later upgraded to be T-90M/MS turret in 2011/2012 (we have trials video from 2012)
Object 187 is development from (1986-1988)

1 Like

they didn’t touch the Leclerc at all, time for me to continue coping im not sure i will ever play leclerc anytime soon with an already shattering dart now against everything with spall liners

9 Likes

Well…I guess that we could ask for DM53 (like the italians) if they aren’t going to fix anything about the Leclercs.

2 Likes

did the vbci 2 fire rate get nerfed or am i crazy the sound seems so delayed

so first two Leclercs (S1 & S2) stay on rank7, SXXI & AZUR get moved to rank8 … all have the exactly same BR of 11.7, all fight against exactly the same opponents, but first two won’t have default APFSDS rounds and will have to grind better shells using HEATFS

We’ve decided to introduce this rule due to the fact that Rank VIII MBTs have well developed, all-round HEAT defense, and HEAT shells can be ineffective even against the side protection of tanks.

even Gaijin now officially admits that HEATFS is useless …

12 Likes

Hello @Smin1080p,

Sorry to bother you. But after seeing the new update and reading the recent devblogs, I was just wondering how all the recent bug reports (which have been acknowledged) for the Leclerc are going? There is expected to be a response for the M1A2’s hull armour; however, there is complete silence about the Leclerc even though bug reports for the Leclerc were much more extensive and provided much more evidence.

Thanks,
Bossman919

6 Likes

Hey. At the moment the developers are currently focused on the release of the patch and urgent bug fixes and changes required. For the next week or so, this will be the biggest priority. We then plan to work through many of the responses we have already mentioned and during this process, we will naturally continually be collecting feedback from the whole community.

At this spesific moment, I don’t have any individual details of particular reports. However we will be passing all feedback onto the developers for their consideration.

9 Likes

Thanks a lot for the response

1 Like

I hope they will then take the time to start going through all the reports, as there are way too many of them, even if more than a dozen are about the Leclercs alone.

2 Likes

So basically “We don’t have any plans for it currently, we might get around to it eventually.”
Alright.

2 Likes

That’s just a bid joke how can we be happy with that ? We basically still have the same tank that was already not particularly outstanding and it will now face tanks even better?

2 Likes