The J-11A Is The Worst 13.7 (Updated)

Basic PL-9≈ PL-8 body+ AIM9 style wings.Until PL-9C was upgraded to IRCCM consistent with PL-8B.
The PL-9 we found in datamine may just be a placeholder

I think they may give only two PL12 and two PL8, same as J8F stock weapon configuration, the only difference is that this configuration is spaded weapon configuration and put it at 13.7.

I doubt they will make any change regarding J-11A. I have a feeling that devs think if it is Chinese, it should be inferior, and it has to be inferior.

1 Like

I don’t think they have any grounds to deny it can carry at least 4 pl12’s. But there is definitely a chance that they only give it regular pl8’s, at least initially.

They can just use photos with J10 flying carrying two PL12 and 2 PL8 to prove this. And if you post one photo with J10 carrying4 PL12 or 6 PL12, they just argue that photos are not sufficient

1 Like

We’ve got a shit ton of pictures of it carrying more than two but yeah they might just say it’s not enough.

How do you distinguish PL8s from PL8Bs? Otherwise giving it no IRCCM at 13.7 will f*** it up as bad as 2 PL12s.

1 Like

The visual model of PL-8 in game is PL-8B.
PL-8:production in Israel (Python 3)
PL-8A:production in China
Main features:transparent optical window (missile code P8AXXXX)
PL8A

PL-8B:Improved four element guidance head, grey optical window (missile code P8BXXXX)
PL8B

PL8B-3

2 Likes

rant: if the in game pl8 is modeled as pl8b, i have a bad feeling that j10 would receive normal pl8

i hope to be proven wrong

1 Like

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/b30tcxqmp6Uu
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/NVNIGitoXZFv
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/fLLOY3IC17KG

It will unfortunately not get better, they are closing all reports that could possibly end up buffing this sorry plane because they refuse third party sources

Honestly J-11A shouldn’t even exist
The fact that Gaijin skips variants for F-16 and F-15s but won’t for the J-11… yeah

Should’ve been J-11B, why add a J-11 that doesn’t use any chinese missile in the first place ? We already have the Su-27SK in the TT that should’ve been enough copypaste RP sink

And now we have a problem similar to the Q-5 situation where they’ll have to add a whole bunch of variants of one plane that you’ll have to grind again and again to get something competitive at its BR

It’s very unfortunate because the PL-12 is a great missile if you look at it’s stats it’s very competitive with AIM-120 and we would have had a much better balanced top tier than the current F-15C fest than we have right now but I guess it would have sucked for Russia to have to sit this update out while others enjoy flankers as an actual BVR platform

Maybe when they add R-77-1 China will be allowed to have fun, in the meantime wait for J-10

5 Likes

This will be trash too, because of how much drag R-77 has in game.

Thrust difference between 77/77-1 is only %10 in game files

It’s fine, we’ll have the PL-12s.

The pl12’s seeker kinda sucks. Very chaffable.

1 Like

Then you didn’t see the charts that show R-77-1 vs other missiles. They show current R-77-1 outperforming all the other missiles in every metric available except MICA EM in turn performance.

Can you show this “chart”. I highly doubt R-77 with 10% more thrust is that good.

15% more thrust and much more efficient loft. I created 4 metrics to review missiles by. These 4 metrics are…

Acceleration: R-77-1 was the clear winner
Time-to-target at medium ranges: R-77-1 was the clear winner
Maximum range: R-77-1 was the clear winner
Manueverability: #2 after MICA-EM, better than all the other missiles.

Here you can see how the R-77-1 dominates most other missiles.

Here, you can see that the R-77-1 is only beaten in maneuverability by MICA EM.

2 Likes

They could only give it to Russia cause like even though China only produced one digit PL5B and mostly PL5C the prior is still somehow the missile for the most Chinese vehicles.

You missed mine lol

[DEV] J-11A Radar Bug Report // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

Still same thing, closed as ‘not a bug’. I mean it’s like 99% chance it get closed as not a bug, if it is given to dev chance of addition is 1% and then even if it gets fixed, it 99% of the times come 3 years later. I tried to make a thread on bug reporting bug got closed…

Pretty easy to tell who hates China and who doesn’t

1 Like

Have we mentioned that J11 was proven inferior to JAS39 in a long range battle during the Thailand exercise? I am pretty certain in that there was no R77 used as the J11As are all pretty old.
Last time bro banned me for replying to the wrong post…