The grind isnt that bad from my point of view

I’ve been wanting to play War Thunder for several years, and I finally got the chance to start about 2 years ago. I’ve always had a keen interest in Cold War vehicles, so when I began playing on my laptop in 2023, I chose the USSR—mostly because of the “Russian bias” I kept hearing about, though I didn’t know much else at the time. It took me around 3 months to unlock my first T-34-85, but after that, I lost interest for a bit (mostly because i was bad at the game) and ended up uninstalling it.

About a year later, I found out about the ‘Mad Thunder’ april fools event and decided to reinstall the game (even though I missed the event). This time, I chose Germany, and after unlocking all the vehicles in ranks 1-2 on land, I moved on to the USA. I’ve since done the same with the USSR, finished with the UK vehicles, and even unlocked a few planes along the way.

i’ve realised that my skills in game have somehow improved and descided to exploit it in this way, i also have a roadmap for how my personal grind is going to go so i can get the most out of the game and my skils:

so i do every nation’s ground vehicles from ranks 1-2, then every aircraft ranks 1-2, then naval vessels, and then i go back to ground forces ranks 3-4, aircraft 3-4, and so on and so forth until i get every vehicle in the game >_<

progress:
imagen_2024-08-08_212918908

imagen_2024-08-08_212933918

imagen_2024-08-08_212947616

imagen_2024-08-08_213008465

Now, I’m planning to tackle Japan next, following the order of nations in the game. My goal is to unlock all the vehicles in ranks 1 and 2, along with the necessary CAS to keep things interesting.

I’ve done all of this with just 1 GE in my account, 0 premiums, and playing on ULQ with about 34ish FPS. I’m really enjoying the journey, but I’m looking for any tips or recommendations as I dive into Japan and beyond. Any advice from the community welcomed

2 Likes

That’s a good plan.

Tell us how you feel once you hit RP wall

Game doesn’t even start until 5.0

4 Likes

i’ll have to get there. Eventually

that’s got like 5 years of gaming covered for me

It good for you to have fun with game. It really good when I see someone have fun with this game. Please don’t get me wrong I didn’t mean this game not fun to play. In ground RB Its fun will decrease after you start seeing Helicopter on sky but It still fun to play.

My point is just like to warn you to be prepared for the fun to decrease at higher tiers. :)

2 Likes

oh dont get me wrong i am having a BLAST in the game, and i really cant wait to play whit the cold war era tanks and jet aircraft, i myself am a fan of the mriages, the pattons, the t70s and the amx 30’s and so on and so forth, i think willpower alone and shenanigans are making me have fun in the game

1 Like

Well you are going to have bank some serious amount of SL if you want to play the higher tiers. Just buying, crewing and spading those vehicles costs a lot of SL.

Now, premium helps to offset those costs, but that is your choice. I buy my premium account when there is a sale.

For Japan, the early reserve tanks are so painful to play. I used the 20mm armed SPAAs to push through but that was years ago. With the HE overpressure, you can also use a the HO-RO.

1 Like

See you in 10K hours

1 Like

i thougth it was going to be just pain but the ho-ro and the ro-go exp. are proving to be really fun, just yesterday i popped 2 guys on the other side of the spawn in karelia and i was like “NO WAY” i am having alot of fun whit those 2 tanks in specific

it also feels nice coming back to using APHE after palying britain

1 Like

10k? more like 5 years

Thankfully Gaijin changed the HE hit mechanics, because they were almost useless in the past. Wait until you get the Type 75 SPH with a autoloader and HE…sweet times!

That makes no sense

Japan only really be decent after 3.7 when u unlocked m24. Most of their low tier tt stuff doesn’t really stand out much (aside from the derp cannon cuz funni) and the mediums are basically pz4 but at a higher br. Honestly just buy the Chi-nu II and skip lower tier
For rank 4, STAs are pretty decent once u get used to the sight zoom, bulldog are bulldog and the type 75 and 99 are fun af.
STB, 74C and RCV are good. Type 89 and the other 74 are pretty mid tho. The rest of the rank is pretty decent and are up to u to decided which to grind.
Also jp CAS is kinda meh but i’m using the 4.7 Ki-61 for that since it can do anti cas and 2x250kg bomb can get u 2 kill if ur aim is good. For early jet CAS the Kikka are pretty decent.

Well of course you don’t think the grind is bad when you haven’t gotten to it yet. Get back to us about how you feel when you get to rank 5-6 and realize how bad the 7 and 8 ranks are going to be.

2 Likes

cant do, no money :c

i’ll have to get there, eventually

I’m right now unlocking a Rank 6 plane. i have so far played 22 realistic matches, i have premium account and have used several RP boosters; two 30% for 5 matches, one 50% for 3 matches and two stacked 20% for 10 games (so they only gave 32% total for 10 matches).

i have gained 100/160 thousand RP (so i have unlocked 63% of the plane).

this means that continuing on the same track with the same amount of boosters i have to play a total average of 35 games for one single rank 6 plane. then you need 5 planes minimum to even be allowed to start rank 7. which for me with boosters and premium means an average of 175 games to get through rank 6 (just straight through without unlocking everything).

So how many games do you play on average per day (or per week if its low)?

i would say its not under 15, maybe 30ish im guessing as per week i did 135~ matches

i think im having my fun trough ranks 1-2

1 Like