The game needs more attention

No, they don’t.
The first thing players learn in War Thunder is to visualize tanks, which makes bushes entirely useless above 5.7, and less useful at lower BRs.
I partially don’t see bushes because I don’t actually see the tank as its shown to me, but as a visualized representation from my mind [which has led to more wiffs than me firing too fast].

This is painfully obvious if you hide the Abrams turret ring with bushes and play it for 10 matches.

And no, decorations being turned off is unrealistic arcade nonsense.

Imma be real
This makes me want to throw a table at you

ah yes, qol feature that lets bushes be an actual cosmetic again

“Unrealistic arcade nonsense”

players being able to tinker with ingame sounds, tanks repairing super quickly, crew replenishment, 3rd person camera, crew not bailing when they are penned

Worst excuse you could make for bushes how they currently are

There are no pay to win vehicles, but there is a mechanic that is very P2W.

Crew skills are the only thing in WT that is P2W. They take forever to get, but you can just spend $40 and get a high level crew which gives insane bonuses, especially with expert/ace crews. Just because you can get them for free, does not mean it isn’t pay to win.

You can directly pay for a massive advantage over others, or just grind an entire tree and hope you have a max level crew and enough playtime in 1 tank to ace it.

Bushes can obscure your tank just enough to make an opponent second guess what they are shooting at, and where to shoot. You can fully obscure the front of any tank if you have enough.

3 Likes

Sound mods are currently banned from tournaments, and they initially caused false- bans for standard players.
Crew replenishment is actually slower than it’d be IRL.
Crew not bailing out on penetration is normal.

Bushes are a non-issue, people complaining about them just haven’t gotten to where they start visualizing the tanks they’re shooting.

@Ion_Protogen
Crew skills are earned through play, and they’re earned extremely quickly.
I have a minimum of level 40 on all my crews, and that’s with leadership, loader, driver, and gunner all level 5. All earned cause it’s easy.

I was talking about adjusting ingame sounds from the options menu. Crew replenishment is definitely slower irl, given they have to clean the gore from the dead crew out.

what
no?

That is a flat out lie. You earn them very slowly, but that can entirely be negated by giving Gaijin $$$. That is why they are pay to win. You are paying for a direct and large advantage that takes a very long time to earn otherwise.

For example, I have most french tanks up to 7.7. My crew levels are 26, 29, 23, 16, 4. That is absolutely an unacceptable rate to earn crew points.

For ace crews, the RP costs should be much lower, and expert crews should cost less. There is no justifiable reason why an ace crew for an XM-1 should be 1.780 million RP. I only have 1 million completed, despite having nearly 650 battles in it.

Edit: For every 100 RP earned in RB/Sim, you gain 1 crew skill. For every 100 RP earned in arcade, you get 3 crew points. How is this an acceptable rate? It means that grinding out an entire top tier tank (400k RP) gets you about 4000 crew points.

4 Likes

And then if you want to move something about, maybe because you have a new vehicle in that line-up. You have to start again

1 Like

I mean, I can prove it on an Israeli crew that I still have level 1 over a few weeks since I bounce between USSR 10.7 and the 4 tech trees to complete in ground currently.
I’ll count the battles I do with that crew, the frags it attains, and so forth.

Mine is “slow” cause I focus on getting leadership, loader, driver, and gunner all to level 5 before bringing up any other skills.
However, getting the points is extremely quick.

This you agree with me on.

Kinda. In RB, yes, but in AB we get like 3x what y’all get lmao

Still slow as shit though

Is the difference really THAT massive!!? O.O

Oh yeah lol for sure.

Key is to make sure you win though.

Winning is what gets you most of the rp so always make sure you win.

But the stark difference is

1 kill w/ win = 10k rp in Sim

10+ kill w/ win = 10k rp in Grb

Without win in Sim you average around 3k rp without even getting a kill which is much better than RB.

It is wild.

A curse and a blessing but it is through Ground Sim that I 100%d my ground and heli tree!

Ground Sim is great for grinding helis, even stock believe it or not! The same rule applies though, one kill and just help secure the win.

I guess I already know how to grind Namer then hahahah

Well, that’s if I find it worth it to grind it on the first place. Seeing how they modelled Merkava’s armor, I’m not expecting much for Namer.

1 Like

Get it for passion 😂🤣

Squad up with a buddy to do cas and you can easily win games in Sim.

NATO wins almost every game at top tier in ground sim as well so.

For PACT 10.3 is the sweet spot for easy wins.

Completely untrue.

Aur AB has a 3x multiplier on crew points. It gives then out like candy.

While he talks a loooot of BS. In this case he is correct. You CAN(!) earn crew points very quickly. The key word here is “can”. Air arcade has. A multiplier on crew points you will earn them a lot faster than anywhere else.

I Don’t understand why Air AB gets this bonus but it does.

How long does a match in Ground Sim take? I’ve never played it so just trying to get a handle on whether the returns are still as attractive when you factor in time invested versus RP returned when compared to other modes.

1 Like

Ground matches in SB use mostly the same mission design as RB ( and technically AB). They are all capped at 25 min.

There is almost no difference between RB and SB as long as you don’t jump in an aircraft

The fact that SB gives much higher rewards than RB for tanks even though the gameplay is almost the same is kinda silly.

1 Like

Just as long as RB! Never longer.

It is purely dependent on which team beats the other just like in RB but honestly it might be faster since each player is limited to 3 spawns or 2 if they chose to use an aircraft then a ground vic.

Only difference between the two is no hud and historical teams.

So in toptier NATO (All countries) VS Red (China, Russia)

It is extremely fun imo, very much more immersive at times and very enjoyable in a big group.

You can easily wipe matches quickly with a full squad and it is very fun playing properly with a team in Sim!

Again it’s through groundsim that I personally effortlessly and quite quickly 100%d my ground for US including helicopters so while it obviously will take time it is definitely the gamemode to grind in.

You will be consistently netting in 10k RP compared to struggling for it in RB.

Best of luck.

Hey nato, if you know it, whats the reward drop off for sim? Like is it 3k rp then 2k and then a soft cap at around 10k?

agree, I always want to line-up GER ground 9.7,but payers force 9.3/9.7 always uptire to 10.3

1 Like

You do not get anywhere near 10k RP for 1 kill in Sim. In fact, you barely get more RP in Sim compared to RB.