No, I am talking about when someone goes to the side of the map and launched from like a 20º or more from the center of the map. Sometimes I do that approach and I get long range kills like that with the aim-120c. The fakours would get there even faster.
Nowadays, yeah. Since there isn’t much people playing this.
Back then there were just hordes of these, lobbing missiles from different directions.
I know all of this. What is your point?
I rather notch them instead of running away. So I still remain in a more aggressive position near the action.
Ok??? What do you think I’m saying to do???
I don’t think you got my point. I was saying that when you have incoming ARH from different aspects, you sometimes can’t notch the multiple missiles.
Like I said, fly to the right, time your launch to your missiles get active when the enemy is starting to notch the first volley from the middle, reap the kills.
All I’m saying is that fakours can pose a real threat if they are used strategically
This entire discussion is about early game fakour/aim54 dodging, and they all come from the same part of the map.
This convo was started by you saying that dying to a fakour is always a skill issue.
I mostly agreed but wanted to add that there are ways to use fakours or even slower missiles to get kills early game by placing players in a position where they can’t reasonably notch 2 missiles at the same time. If I can do that with aim-120 etc, fakours would be even better because they give less time to react.
At best, they can hope to out-energy or multipath them by running away. A fakour can still track decently in rear aspect, even if the F-14A radar can’t.
Yes…
Anybody can still avoid this by precranking or notching in sequence, it is not that difficult. 99% of F-14 launches come from the same 10 degree area of the sky in any given match so even if 1 F-14 every now and then does this, you have already effectively avoided the main group so just notch the side guy and nothing goes wrong
Yes but this doesn’t always work, sometimes the missile regains lock, or the IOG gets you. In the case of the fakours they have a very large blast radius
The AIM 120’s are far less reliable since the patch too despite them saying they buffed them, it appears they actually nerfed them. Russian fox 3’s seem to be better now though.
Well if it’s that easy, then I guess that the premium SU-30’s aren’t an issue either, since all you need to do to not get hit, is to stay away from the rather short range of the R-77’s.
Nope.
The AIM-120’s and PL-12’s are currently the best ARH’s right now.
Yes, they wobble too, but they are less affected by it than the R-77/-1’s or MICA’s
Meanwhile, the latter are nearly unusable due to the insane energy bleed.
My experience is anecdotal, but so is everyone else’s without quantitative data only the snail has. I haven’t changed how i’ve been using them and i’m getting far fewer kills with them since the patch.
To be fair, even the AIM-120’s and PL-12’s still can wobble into a death spiral. Just to a lesser extent.
Not related, especially since “just precrank the obvious attack that only happens once a match at the very start” is very different from r77 and range
Obvious, unless the player decides to not spam all of em at the start.
The only difference is that you wont even need to bother notching, if the missile will bleed all of its energy due to its drag
Then they just become pretty mid missiles in the case of fakour, or very BAD missiles in the case of the phoenix
With the update, the fakour did become worse than the AMRAAM and the PL-12A (due to HOBS buffs), but that is pretty much it.
That you can scream skill issue left and right, but as long as the average player remains at 0.7 K/B it all is simply a meaningless babble. And of course that applies to dodging fakours and the IRIAF debacle as a whole.