The Dev Server is Opening with Major Update “Dance of Dragons”! — 30.08.2024 [DEV Server is closed]

Today, we’re opening the dev server featuring the new “Dance of Dragons Major Update!

You can download the Dev Client here

When: From August 30th (16:00 GMT)

Until: September 5th (07:00 GMT)

For technical reasons, the dev server may close immediately at any time before the indicated time, so please make the most out of the opening window!

Known Bugs

• New vehicles in this update may have inaccuracies in their characteristics, armor and weaponry settings.
  • The armor model for new ground vehicles in this update is “work in progress” for adjustment and improvement.
  • Some new aircraft lack cockpits.
  • Some new ground vehicles lack a visible crew.
  • On some aircraft, the separation of wing consoles may be displayed incorrectly.
  • Some vehicle icons are missing.
  • There may be lack of localization for some vehicles.
  • No sound played on some events.
  • Some aircraft may have inaccuracies in their damage model, missing fuel, oil and water leaks, and armor materials.
  • Camouflage nets with coloring to the tank’s camouflage mechanic are work in progress.
  • Game crashes when switching between multiple custom loadouts.
  • In the secondary weapons menu, the camera zoom range has been mistakenly increased.
  • On some aircraft, when switching secondary weapon presets, elements of pylons, bomb bay doors, etc. may disappear.
  • New weapons, such as AGM-38 / KAB-500S, have not been added to all vehicles capable of using these weapons; the vehicles are being configured.

Check out the main features

• Take a look at the major changelog for bug fixes, ordnance additions and changes, plus improvements to many areas of the game.

Vehicles

• We’ve got several vehicles for every nation, from the unique premium Swiss P-16, Australian F-111C for Great Britain, to the T1E1 (90) for the USA and Antelope ADS for China. Check them all out!

Locations

• There’s no new location in this major update, but we do have some minor changes to several locations and missions, including 38th Parallel and Second battle of El Alamein.

Earned & Spent items

• Nothing counts on the dev server. Anything you do is not transferred to the live main server, such as Research Points and Silver Lions earned, achievements unlocked and vehicles unlocked. This also applies to any Golden Eagles, Silver Lions and Research Points that you spend on the dev server — nothing will be subtracted from your live server account.

Leaving Feedback & Bug Reports

• All feedback and bug reports help us to fix any issues or change any features before the major update is released on the live server.

Found an issue? See how to create a bug report for the Dev Server.

6 Likes

cool

1 Like

Sucks that I can’t access this on console, going to be watching vids on how cool the J-10 is ig

1 Like

when I enter on the dev server my game crash

2 Likes

@Stona_WT

Where is Kh-58 and AGM-88 ARM’s for Su-24 and F-111.
You add planes which main role is SEAD but no give them SEAD weapon…

Logic?..

2 Likes

Is there any chance that the outstanding reports regarding various aspects of the Stinger’s implementation are addressed? They’ve had months to work on it at this point, especially considering the addition of the Stormer AD, which will rely on them.

Maneuverability increase to 20~22G:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/yUohrEMuQLna

Extend the Photo-Contrast mechanic:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/LbD7XSmoaAJc

Increase Lock on range to approximately 6.5km:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/CrgLh51VkpQZ

6 Likes

@Stona_WT

There is an error where the GBU-38/A is erroneously being referred to as the AGM-38 in the above text.

1 Like

I’m still wondering when the default controls aren’t going to conflict, especially if this is an air release.

Shift-WSDB all conflict if you use them in combination, making you fly straight.

Debinding the main controls isn’t a true solution.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/wQPEtibEUvEF
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/pBZnddnCkeF4

Spike have on the DEV Server same Problems as one the Live Server.
Kill Ratio less than 10%

8 Likes

I’m just wondering, will the Jas39c cockpit hmd’s be improved? they are still placeholder and seeing all the new jets with good looking hmd’s make me a bit jealous

1 Like

Hello! can anyone make a screenshot of new china ground tech tree please…

At the moment, the only new ground vehicles for China are Antelope and Al Khalid

2 Likes

thanks a lot

1 Like

Liked:
A lot of really cool new things in the fleet!
Didn’t like:
Reworked tracers of naval shells. On a large fleet it hurts the eyes. Too big glowing balls. They look good only with SSAA anti-aliasing enabled, but not all PCs can handle it and it greatly reduces FPS. It would be good to find a middle ground and make tracers smaller in size but of the required brightness sufficient for their visibility in bad weather and at a great distance.
Made ship tug contextual. This mechanic can’t be removed. It’s used for team play. Fast vehicles can speed up slow ones, etc. This is a feature that shouldn’t be removed from the game.
Raises questions and difficulties:
The French battleship Bretagne has not had the skew of secondary guns fixed for a long time. There was a bug report and not just one.
The French lack a good battleship now more than anyone, for example, Strasbourg. Therefore, French battleships are now inferior by an order of magnitude to all naval countries in the game.

19 Likes

I agree that France urgently needs to be given a new top battleship. Preferably Strasbourg 1942. France has been suffering for almost a year and a half without a normal battleship. Bretagne, Lorraine, Paris cannot withstand the battleships Scharnhorst, Mutsu, Nevada, Marat and others. France urgently needs an analogue, in order to somehow withstand the tops. But for some reason we do not see this… But we see how other nations are already given 410 mm main caliber guns, still more battleships with strong armor and naval power, and France, meanwhile, sits with the weakest battleships that cannot even penetrate anyone :(

10 Likes

Eastern Europe in one year

25 Likes

Well, I was extremely pleased with the naval and aviation additions, and especially with the “Izmail” - the Russian fleet needs more Russian ships, that’s for sure!)

But… Gentlemen, if it’ll allow, but here is the moment with the reworking of the rope mechanics in the fleet - yes, yes, “contextual tugboat” is an extremely harmful undertaking and it would be worth rolling it back. The ability to take a ship in tow in any necessary situation is quite historically justified and was previously implemented +/- adequately. This should not be changed under any circumstances.

Well, as already noted above… the tops of the French fleet. Personally, I quite like the Courbet class, but the conditions for more modern battleships have matured and matured long ago. I don’t know about the “Richelieu”, but the “Strasbourg” would have been more appropriate even a patch ago.

ps 'Personal request'

And of course… The absence of Russian pre-dreadnoughts in the patch is somewhat disappointing.)
2nd Squadron

13 Likes

AMX should have JDAM’s Even War Thunder Wiki says so

"The AMX ACOL was a further upgrade which outfitted … ". So, you need to wait until one next AMX variant.

I already hate the update and it aint even out yet. I like the vehicles but the map reworks they are stupid and pointless. Stop making maps for tanks smaller. I hate that European province is getting a rework to remove flanking. At this point just remove all ground maps in place for one where your just in a straight line with nothing in fron of you, were the enemy can shoot you immediately.

4 Likes