The correct way to add subtrees for the upcoming FRANCE-BENELUX

Not needed and French origin planes are fine though. It ticks one box atleast, which is that it is French origin.

3 Likes

What is the purpose of subtrees then, if not what Gaijin officially intended?

1 Like

As both of us said, fill gaps is one of the reasons.
However, as I said it is not to fill gaps that can be filled by domestic options.

I mean like
Thats the whole point of a subtree…
To fill gaps that domestic designs cant cover

Did you intend to use a double negative here?

Subtrees are to fill gaps that can also be filled by domestic options?

It’s funny but I have the impression that no one really defends the Benelux addition, or very few people

Not quite, the right sentence is “there will only be copied and pasted”

2 Likes

Clueless Sticker - Clueless Stickers

1 Like

To be fair, I don’t think BeNeLux peeps wanted copy and paste to come to the game instead of the unique designs, so it would be unfair to take it out on them.

5 Likes

I’m not quite sure how the turret is part French, the cannon is made by CMI Defence which is Cockerill’s previous name which is pretty obviously Belgian

it was always going to have copy and paste vehicles… dont you people just understand that??? like isnt the leopard 1 cockerill unique enough? no cuz it has the leopard 1 hull. like jesus christ

Adding more diversity within trees is what matters because both that’s how lineups are made (more diverse lineups) and also because it means faster access to a wider range of vehicles (far less grind to get them).

What other trees have is fairly moot.

This is only true to some extent. No one grinds another tree for the same exact vehicle. The entire premise of a tree is that they have differences and are unique in respect to one another.

To some extent what you said is true. It is more valuable to add another VBCI or Vextra than it is to add another Leclerc, but it is not a win to have a Leopard.

The main selling point of France currently is that if you want to remain competitive and not play copy paste Leopards, Leclercs are there.

Since the leak only really covers top-tier except the Fokker G.1, i hope the rest of the sub-tree is unique at lower ranks. Not because it would “taint the French tree” with copy paste or whatever nobody is forcing you to play the sub-tree, but because it would be a huge waste of cool and unique vehicles

1 Like

Now that I’m slightly refreshed. Diversity is fine, but the problem is that there’s becoming to much copy-paste.
How many times should you grind the Leopard 2 before there’s to many?

France as a tech tree should have France as a starting point for what technology is in it. If there’s something with French influence it should be in it. Not just adding something for the sake of diversity, or just using it as an excuse for taking the easy solution.
A copy-paste leopard 2 has no French influence while also not adding much in terms of gameplay for French line ups.

Something that’s copy-paste should be the exception, not the rule. Which as it’s been constantly said, France doesn’t have gaps that can’t be filled domestically.

1 Like

Ehh, depends. I already had the Panzer 4 and T-34 before grinding the Finnish sub-tree, but having both of them in the same lineup was pretty fun

2 Likes

I’m currently in the process of creating a suggestion that addresses issues with subtrees. I’ll likely have it posted in a few hours.

2 Likes

2A4 has the potential of being unique depending on its model.
Cockerill will be unique.
F-5A is likely just gonna be the US F-5A.
And who knows which F-16As, but they’re likely going to be a copy of one of the existing F-16As we have.
2A6 is obviously copy-paste.
And the rest is going to be guaranteed unique.

Fair enough, then perhaps one could argue lineups is a reason

Well, the gun is made by the French sub-division of Cockerill which is part of GICAT so it would be actively participating in native French developments. Not to detract from the Belgians but the gun is probably a further development of the GIAT CN 105 G2. The turret uses Safran optics which are only ever used on native French designs* so there was definitely some direct French involvement (whereas all other exports go through Thales). That’s why I say “sort of”. I mean it’s a Belgian design at the end of the day but there was definitely notable French involvement. Though the extent to which is unclear and it is admittedly mostly speculation though based on a historical track record.

*Unless you’re the USA and can afford whatever exorbitant price Safran sold their optics for to be used on the M10 Booker and M1E3.

3 Likes

But then i do hope they kept unique stuff for lower ranks, i reaaally want my Renard R.36 :((

2 Likes