The correct way to add subtrees for the upcoming FRANCE-BENELUX

And that’s actually where I agree the most!

I also feel like France is the one nation in game where its Independence from foreign defence industries is exactly its strongest point (except for the 1950s-60s). I’m also sad that GJN decided to actually add Dutch vehicles (and to an extent Belgian ones too) into this very unique tech tree. Now France in game loses some of its frenchness.

Personally I hope all BeNeLux stuff would be in a separate tab or at least a separate column/line, so they don’t need to be researched to reach French top tier (Sadly in some other nation trees this isn’t the case anymore, like in italy or sweden. Only the SA subtree keeps this philosophy). This also in order to separate it in a way from the uniqueness that is the french TT.

3 Likes

I really hope but given how the last two ranks of the tree were made (it’s nonsense), we risk being forced to search the entire Benelux tree

For the separate branch, this would be the minimum to do, otherwise the French tree loses all its meaning

Unfortunately, France was the last “small nation” in the game that was not full of foreign vehicles, with this addition it will be over

Agreed, France made so many different IFV’s, wheeled TD’s, etc. that would fit these BR’s perfectly. But they are still not here.

To name a few I know:

• AMX-10RC TML
  • AMX-10RCR with the T40M turret
  • AMX-10P or M with the HOT launcher (between 8.3 and 8.7)
  • Sagaie II
  • C variants of the AMX-30
    All of these should be around the 9.0-11.0 BR I believe.
    And maybe some Leclerc variants, but there are plenty in the TT already, so IDK.
4 Likes

Currently there is a lack of 13 light tanks/IFVs that could complete these Brs,

• EBRC Jaguar (10.7 maybe a bit higher in Br)
  • VBCI (1, 2, Phyloctete …) → between 9.3 and 10.7
  • VEXTRA (105, POLE, …) → between 9.3 and 10.7

Regarding the MBTs, there are improved variants of the AMX-30, 32 and 40.

And for the Leclercs, there are 6 pre-series variants with each one different turret and missing different variants entered into service
Mulet Système Complet → 10.0
Leclerc Ares → 10.7
Leclerc Bayard → 10.7
Leclerc Carnot → 10.7
Leclerc Duroc → 10.7
Leclerc Estienne → 10.7
Leclerc Foch → 10.7
Leclerc T4 → 11.7
Leclerc rénové XLR → 11.7

There are 4 Leclercs in the French tree compared to 14 Leopards in the German tree, I think it is possible to add more Leclercs without tiring the players

4 Likes

France doesn’t need the Benelux subtree period since any vehicle added in the Benelux subtree there is either a French analogue to it that can be added or is already ingame

Also if France really needs a F-5, just add the Moroccan F-5’s instead which were upgraded by a French firm, SOGERMA more specifically

1 Like

Yeah, these are great!

These ones would be great for an Event vehicle. Sadly most event vehicles are either German, Russian or USA.

These should definitely go in the TT.

That might be an exaggeration. I wouldn’t call any Leopard 1 the same as a Leopard 2. It should be more fair to compare Leclerc with Leopard 2 and the AMX-30/32/40 variants with the Leopard 1 technologically and historically wise. (I’m writing it down, more for myself to have a good look at it that to change your argument)

Then it is.
4 Leclerc vs. 11 Leopard 2 (of which one is the Cup 2a5) in the TT. 6 of the Leopard tanks are like the Leclerc in terms of development line. For the rest: 1 is foreign. 3 are prototypes. 1 is a special event one that only 4 people have for the 2019 YT cup.

Germany is still very much more developed in MBT’s compared to France, but while France gets 4x 11.7 tanks to research, the German ones also have 4x 11.7 MBT’s to research (with one extra 11.7 if you’re a YT-er that won the 2019 cup). The gist of this is that Germany has far more 10.3-11.3 MBT’s that can fill more holes in a line-up if 4 11.7 MBT’s isn’t enough.

Maybe an extra Leclerc (or 5 more) won’t hurt. :) (Considering I grinded 8 Challengers after each other in the TT, I certainly won’t be bored.)

3 Likes

Like I’ve said before in this thread and in here, I don’t think Gaijin sees the BeNeLux as a way to ‘fill up’ the Tech tree. I think it’s got more to do with the low playercount and them looking for more popular vehicles to put in the Tech Tree combined with the effect of more nations, which might mean that the FrenchTT player-base might increase more.

It might also be that the BeNeLux was easier to make models for than make ones for French vehicles. (Because a Dutch Leopard model was already made for the Finnish tree, as that one has several differences from a default 2A6. The same could also be said about the 2A4, as that one only has some internal changes for the IR scopes and screens + a MG switch.)

France really doesn’t for game-play reasons, but maybe it does for player-count ones. But here we are anyway. Upgrades of the Mirage like the Nouvelle Generation or the Mirage 50 would’ve been better. At least the dutch NF-5A is actually one of the more unique variants of the F-5’s we could possibly ever see in game (and not a simple copy&paste of a F-5A/E/C).

I’m personally really on the fence about the BeNeLux TT, but as new independent Tech Trees weren’t announced for any near future (only ‘new nations’), I’ll take this weird sub tree as the least bad option for the game (and I’ll hope they won’t screw the French TT over by integrating the SubTree too hard into the progression for each rank).

3 Likes

You know the difference between unique and a variant right?

The M26 Pershing and M1A2 SEP3 Abrams use the same roadwheel pair design.
That doesn’t make the Abrams track system any less unique.

With all due respect, but that didn’t answer the rethorical question being asked.

Is it right that you see any variant as unique in-game? I’ve talked to you about this before, maybe this can clear some things.

TL;DR: you only distinct between Unique vs. C&P.

Variant is a word derived from variety, variety is itself unique.
Thus variants are unique.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Thomas_Belgium now I am crying

2 Likes

I understand. Only 3 ‘unique’ Belgian planes (F-16 Block 15 OCU from 2018, Mirage 5BA from 1976 and Spitfire LF mk. 14) and one Dutch ‘unique’ plane 'fokker G.1)… All others are basically reskins (although maybe the Gladiator gets our 13.2mm FN guns instead of the british ones)

3 Likes

But you know what I think about the originality of the F-16, I think we’re hitting rock bottom in terms of originality

yeah… :(

Maybe they’ll give magic II to the 12.0 F-16 (no IFF), we’ll see.

Belgian F16 ere kitted with French Carapace ECM (= good RWR, but not much different that a M2Ks), AS30Ls and Magics. That’s as original as it will get

I don’t know what you are smoking but it is some strong stuff. Comparing a m26 to an m1a2 has no logic in this. While i said the isreal tree is just a bunch of m60’s and merkava’s. The tank stays the same, they just add some different mods on it.

No, the Israeli tech tree has no M60s.
It has two M48s, only one of which is in another tech tree.
And then a lot of different Magachs.
New turret, in many situations new hulls.

Discounting unique vehicles is silly.
“M1A2 SEP3 is just a copy paste of the M1 Abrams.” level of nonsense. [Not saying you said that specifically.]
Cause that quote is a specification of how much similarity between M48s/M60s from other tech trees have with the Magach 3 - 7.

Don’t forget T55 and Centurion

1 Like