The Benefits of adding 'minor' nation tech trees

Yes this works. If we get more independent tree the could take one. As of right know we have at most 3 more sub-trees possible.

This just won’t happen at this point. They decided to do sub-trees instead.
If they ever where planing on doing this we would have had a “Commonwealth tree” by now. Instead we have a SA sub-tree and nothing for the other 3 dominions(the primary nations of a “Commonwealth tree”)

Well this would be nice and how sub-tree should have been done. All my interactions with Gaijin staff has shown the are to stubborn to change from the current system.

This comes with the 1 Death Leaver problem. Where if they want to play that nations vehicle they we just leave the match because the other stuff doesn’t interest them
Or it’s the “Canada problem” where if they want to make a line up of that nation they can’t as it now split between 3-6 trees making them become problem one: 1DL.

So yes in my opinion new independent trees should come. As Gaijin has decided the “main tree-sub tree” system is the way of doing things.

Now don’t get me wrong not all nations have enough for an independent tree that is what the sub-tree in a related nation is for.
But if the nation can make 4 relatively full lines with no 2+ full BR gap(like a gap like 2.0-3.0 is fine as it is game with some nations already but 2.0-4.0 is not) is the bare minimum for me for a nation as it can receive a sub-tree down the line.

1 Like

I will admit this is a opinion post based of of my observations. Using my takes on the limited hard evidence we have.

Poland should also be added to the list. Together with Yugoslavia they are the most fleshed out on the list.

Highly underrated nation, it actually has a lot to offer in terms of new content.

2 Likes

I agree. I’m currently working on a Polish Ground tech tree and it’s quite interesting.

1 Like

@Thomas_Belgium Funny how you are all positive and advocating for ‘minor’ nation subtrees, saying how great they are and even making a list linking examples in your post, but then you come onto my Hungarian minor nation subtree suggestion (which fits exactly what you seem to support) and vote ‘no’ and proceed to leave my suggestion off of your list of minor tree suggestions…

Either a huge hypocrite or just hates certain countries. Ironic either way.

Edit: we discussed it and came to an understanding.

I am going to be a huge hypocrite and say I love playing Italy at 3-6 BR even though it is full of so much I hate Namely Copy Paste which have a strong dislike for yet I love the Hungarian CAS premiums for Italy. I love the fact that I can play 3.7 medium tanks at Tier III for Battle Pass and I have the Sherman/Panzer G copy pasters I normally complain about because they appear visibly different and unusual.

I think the Italian Tiger should have been a researchable vehicle because Gaijin have a duty to allow all the mains a chance to complete battle Pass tasks and having no Italian Heavy is naughty as Italian mains cant do much in earlier BRs there.

So my point is that it is possible to make copy past vehicles at least look visibly different if Gaijin can be bothered. I make this point because Copy Paste is a big reason to hate minor nations.

I have no issue with minor nations but Gaijin do them so badly

Ok, cool, you’re a hypocrite, and?

*Hungarian Tiger, but yes, I agree it should have been researchable.

Yet you vote against them as well.

Have to agree with this. They prioritise copy and paste rather than the rare indigenous vehicles. Nobody likes copy and paste, and that’s when you get the idiots saying “muh, this country has no vehicles to offer and didn’t make anything unique, they are a copy-paste only country, I hate them, muh”.

3 Likes

So yes if Gaijin make a shit show of minor nations, then Im voting against them . What a shock.

If Gaijin want to bother making full line ups and doing it all properly then I am for it.

Dont give us dog shit and expect us to be happy …saying that ,half the forum do accept dog shit then say how happy they are .

What??? You vote against Gaijin poorly implementing minor nations? You mean you voted against my suggestion on how Gaijin should properly implement a minor nation to avoid Gaijin making a shit show of it…

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t realise this post was about you and that you were the OP

What??? Clearly I’m not the OP here. Are you ok?

1 Like

Why are you making this about you then? Who are you ?

I’m not. Just read my first message, that’s why I’m here…

1 Like

I see you are the guy with who made the big Hungarian plane tree who got shitty with anybody who criticized it, from the other thread, I remember.

People said the same on that thread. Gaijin can’t be trusted to implement Minor nations and they are doing a good job of screwing up the big ones currently.

I see you have resorted to gaslighting. Go back to my post, and reread the conversation. We all thought you had lost it and nobody agreed with you.

Nobody other than you said that.

1 Like

This is because I don’t deem the inclusion of an F-16, Tornado adv, Harrier AV8B and a JA-39C in one singe tech tree a good idea. The Hungarian ‘mods’(read: translations of cockpit inscriptions) of soviet export equipment is fine, even a bit unbalanced in some game-modes. This is in terms of balance. The sub tree would be great for most of the modified planes and the unique props (I’m a big fan of the MÁVAG Héja I and II. Same for the RMI-8 X/V. The problem is that most Hungarian planes were not modified, save for the translation of text in the cockpit. The sub tree would be ca. 21/31 (68%) basically copy-paste with only cockpit translations and skins as a unique improvement. (This is not necessarily bad per sé, but would mean that Italy would become a secondary Germany in terms of game balance for air Sim.) Your suggestion would need to be tweaked a lot I think.

That’s because there are A lot of sub-tree suggestions. For a comprehensive and full list you should look at List of Previously Suggested Ideas - Other Nations Aircraft. I merely chose the ones that were on top of the suggestions-thread at the time. I could keep on adding other TTs like the polish and Turkish dudes asked, but I can’t be bothered, as they are already listed in the link I shared.

That’s very aggressive, why would I hate Hungary?

2 Likes

No you tried to flood Italy with a huge Hungarian tree and claim it was a subtree. Then you were very aggressive to those who said no. Weird post to be honest.

Generally you can be for minor nations in general while being against some of them

3 Likes

And that’s exactly why I tend to not vote ‘yes’ on tech trees that have more than 55% Copy-Paste in the suggestion. Most countries could come up with more than 10 unique planes, tanks or Boats for a Suggestion instead of having to resort to almost 70% using already existing planes in game (not even different variants or versions). These kinds of suggestions kind-of give a green light to Gaijin to just put more C&P in a TT just to reach the desired added vehicles per patch in the most efficient manner.

1 Like

The bad attitude all over

This was my point, every nation wants its nation to be included. The game is already bucking under the weight.