[Updated 03/09] Testing our Proposed APHE Shell Changes on the Dev Server!

you have to be trolling, you have a 0.4-0.5kd in basically every single vehicle i can see on your statcard (both ground and air)

Is4 was not a prototype, and is4 and t32 cannot frontally pen a maus with APHE and have to rely on side shots.

The majority voted no. I am against the yes option because it invites slower gameplay in an arcade game and lowers the gameplay standard to that of worse players, instead of allowing better players to teach them how to play better

1 Like

You literally main low to mid tier Germany.

That’s true, although, other nations may not have that luxury.

I would just like to see aphe only spalling directly behind itself.
Idk if this link will work in here but good example of my issues.

3 Likes

because i do not tryhard. i play for fun.

neither do i, but i’m not complete garbage at the game

2 Likes

It is still a majority and ignoring 52% of the people is just wrong and loses even more trust in this company. Like why vote in the first place if the vote gets ignored? Why continue playing the game if majority player feedback is non consequential?

that is your subjective opinion and has nothing to do with the vote.

1 Like

Clearly not because they’re still testing it lol

Why not? And they can still flank to get side shots. What you should really be doing is asking Gaijin to give us bigger maps.

As they should, it was a close vote to test a feature, so it will have no effect on the main game. That’s what the next vote is for. If it was up to me, none of this would have been tested.

A vote that came down to less than 2% for only a test is something that should clearly still be tested. All the no voters are upset because we at least get to see what Gaijin was working on, which I don’t understand.

As they should be, being able to frontally kill/one-shot a bunker on tracks is dumb and players should be punished for trying it.

Thank you for not allowing a small difference to stop us being able to test what Gaijin as been working on. Please do not do any more pre-test votes, but continue with the post-test votes, possibly only available to players who have actually participated in the test.

Try flanking, German players are known for being perception-challenged anyways.

Off-topic but I don’t think ARMs will be as big of a deal as you think they will, every single top-tier SPAA in the game is capable of IRST (except for the Tor-M1, according the the stat card, though I’m a bit surprised that it doesn’t have it)

I agree, but this is normal for War Thunder. Most tankers abandon the tank after 1 penetrating shot IRL, a red crew member would not be able to do anything IRL. It’s just the nature of health points and video games where you don’t value your life.

I’m pretty new but I would wager that this is from the influx of new players in the last few years, as the game began appealing to a wider audience rather than people with a hyper-fixation on military hardware (though it still does, which I love)

All damage in this game is unreliable, it’s just how the engine works.

Why not vote according to whether you think it will be good for the game, after you test it, like a normal person?

Idrc because I’m fine with APHE not changing, since my reaction time and aim is better than my knowledge of low tier component layout, but it just makes you look petty.

It took about 2 weeks for Gaijin to implement a 0.7 BR increase for high and top tier jets after ARH missiles were added, which has never happened before. Rebalancing the entirety of low will be a bit harder, but I think it’s worth it.

For a vote that should’ve never happened in the first place.

3 Likes

The amount of people complaining that this is literally just being tested is insane. This shouldn’t even be a vote frankly, if it’s in the interest of making a shell that’s been broken for years more realistic.
Now if it’s valid to keep APHE unrealistic for “gameplay reasons”, when do I get to ask for something like unrealistically buffed Maus armor for “gameplay reasons”? It would be pretty cool from that perspective.

3 Likes

I play for fun. It does not mean I am bad.

1 Like

depends on what you consider garbage?
the ceiling to be good in this game is very low

Why should it be made more realistic? It’s an arcade game, NOT a simulator

and you still can’t hit it apparently

2 Likes

this is what THEY want you to believe

It’s your belief if you see their posts of passion and harshness as “trolling”.
I see it as a method of critique that while something I wouldn’t endorse is still coming from a place of concern.

I may disagree with him on APHE, I may not, either way his voice matters @LumiLintu
None of us know each others knowledge outside the game.
It’s not my place to assume you don’t know something just cause you didn’t play the context in War Thunder.

If you know diesel engines IRL and haven’t touched tanks, how am I to know?
Said opinion on how War Thunder models tank engines would be more informed than the average ground player, more informed than mine since I don’t have a solid understanding of diesel engines myself.

I understand fragmentation despite my favorite round of all time being the 90mm M304 APCR round, so I can talk on APHE decent enough despite not having mained 90mm APHE ever in the existence of War Thunder. I went from M36 to not playing 90mm tanks, to playing 90mm APCR in 2019 when I heard a claim APCR was buffed in 2018 cause I wanted the flat pen without giving up the angled pen.

@WieseAufmWald
First off, time where the person counted, as well as the person’s preference for “majority” plays a role in their sincerity.
I was 100% honest when I said a majority voted yes, cause I dismissed the votes after the CCs got involved; and massive lies such as “This will just be solid shot with these changes.” were being spammed that may or may not have originated from CCs that don’t speak my language.

You may disagree with my method of assessing the vote, and that’s fair. It’s okay for us to disagree, disagreement doesn’t mean either of us is not sincere.
On top of that, I don’t consider something a majority if it falls below 60%.
The final meddled vote was inconclusive, thus the test should go on regardless as if you want to vote no again after the test, you’re more than welcome to.

Saying no to free knowledge is not something I’d ever do personally.
Like saying no to a free burger…

@hаbby You voted no on testing, not on implementation.
The implementation vote will be after the live server test which should’ve occurred without this initial vote TBH.

3 Likes

That explosion is complete bullshit, this is a problem, but how they will fix that?

Depends on the BR.
But over 60% wr and 2k/s is my general rule of thumb.

Can you take your own advice please so I don’t see this next time