Tanks with missing anti-spall liners

Now that the T-90M has an anti-spall liner, let’s make a list of vehicles that are ingame that don’t have them but should

Challenger 2,3 Warrior

2nd Generation Leopard 2 (Leo 2A5, Strv 122 etc)

Bradley

29 Likes

oh this is going to be fun

CV90120
STRV 122A
STRV 122B PLSS
STRV 122B+
Leopard 2A6
Strf 9040c
Lvkv9040c
strf 9040 bill
cv90fin
strf 9040c
cv90105

22 Likes

All of the M60s
All of the M1 Abrams
M3 Bradleys
M1128 Stryker

literally every MBT NATO has operated since the 1980s

28 Likes

These two don’t have Spall liners

1 Like

the m1’s do have spall liners kevlar trough out the hull

1 Like

Oh boy gaijin! Im sure all the nato tanks will get their spall liners now that those are in game and that spall liners wont just stay a toy for russian tier vii! :D

4 Likes

I do not see any kevlar fabric on on the inside of the Abrams, just painted metal

Compare it to T-90M Challenger 2 Leopard 2, it’s quite obvious even in low quality pics

3 Likes

Chieftain (All) , Challenger 1 (All) , Challenger 2 (All) and Challenger 3 have already been reported.

4 Likes

Chieftain and Challenger 1 do not have spall liners
The brown liner was used just for sound dampening

Like you can can clearly see it’s not kevlar, it looks more like foam

1 Like

The spall liner of the M1 series is integrated into the walls themselves, its a hard rubberized material over top of a kevlar liner that is fused to the hull itself.

29 Likes

You could list every tank in the entire game above about 9.0 and your list would probably be 99% accurate but its totally just a coincidence that they havent added spall liners until right now and it only shows up on the T-90M and none of the other new tanks

11 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah, painted steel looks like rubberized coating lmao

But adding thess stupid anti-spall liners is not a good choice for everyone, just remove t-90m’s anti-spall liner, and everyone can enjoy the game. Full anti-spall liners should never be introduced to this game, for some good situation, you can add a little, that’s acceptable, like add the auto loader anti-spall liner for mbts with low survivability, like these chinese mbts.

I opened a report for the Leo2A5 onwards, Leo 2PL and the STRV122:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Ky2FqU35lUQB

The Wiki article is stating it in the Leo 2A5 onwards and they are also providing sources:

Lets see if we get anything from that from Gaijin…

6 Likes

Doing gods work

It was marked as duplicate with:
“It’s already reported for all Leo 2A5 and newer” while linking to 2A7 report…

Yeah…at least I had some sources in mine and was listing more than just the 2A7, because this started with the 2A5…

Probably cause there’s an internal report as well.

well for the sake of REAL ballance shouldn’t someone look into the spall liners of soviets, chinese, french and israeli mbt’s? cuz i’m pretty sure germans, americans and brits weren’t the only ones to deploy such tactics…

5 Likes

Probably. Sweet word meaning nothing in this case. Better be safe and double check than be sorry later

1 Like