M1A2SEPv2 doesnt have better LFP armour

(They don’t, it’s manufactured by a lab in Idaho.)

My bad no I was referring to the actual document that the image came from.

Regardless I don’t think I would have used that growth chart, because according to it neither the SEP or SEPv2 received improved armour at all until 2012 - 2016. That growth chart and this overview from the 2006 CBO study contradict one another as well.

Perfect, the hull armor in that chart also aligns with the 35% KE improvement mentioned in the other document. Food for thought if they refuse your other source.

5 Likes

I know, I wanted to see if they knew what they were talking about.

I am pretty sure it is still made by Bechtel BXWT in conjunction with the Department of Energy, I know for a fact this was the case at least up until 2003 as noted on page 2 of this document.

1 Like

XD

Well, they already tried to move the goalpost by denying the Army licenses as enough proof even though that was the basis for insisting that only 5 hulls could possibly have DU. They shifted to the GDLS license being the final say, claiming it was a license for GDLS to manufacture. It wasn’t of course.

He’s already denied what these documents actually say on numerous occasions. Granting the hulls the same status as turrets now means, according to him, that they didn’t removed the 5 hull limit. Even though that limit in no longer to be found anywhere on later license forms.

The document talking about replacing turrets, guns, NBC, electrical systems, and armor apparently only meant it was an NBC upgrade, according to his fetal alcohol syndrome brain.

5 Likes

Yea I have seen that guy on a few posts, this new one made me realise there is no point discussing stuff with him. He seems to have some weird anti-Abrams stance or something.

2 Likes

Oh, he’s definitely a troll, but provides a useful example for countering the embarrassing mental gymnastics and arguments that try to discredit or disprove the evidence being provided.

1 Like

I found some docs about du in hulls

12 Likes

It’s mind boggling to me that 1 source is all that is needed to say that the LFP doesn’t have DU but 5 sources pointing to armor upgrades doesn’t mean anything.

5 Likes

source: Damian Ratka on X (twitter) x.com

It does show continued us of DU in hulls will it be enough? Or are they going to ask for values on how much armor it should be.

They want values but someone posted russian docs with values

This one

1 Like

What’s even better is that this is same license, but updated. They went from a strict limit on hulls to granting the same status to turrets and hulls. No limit on either. That change was dated on 24 Aug 2006, from the original 5 hulls mentioned in 22 Feb 2006. They upped the limit. This means those 5 named in Feb 2006 were the test for improved armor implemented in SEP hulls as the program matured. They didn’t get rid of the DU hulls, otherwise they would have only stuck with permission for the turrets. They acquired permission to install DU in hulls at the same rate as they did for turrets. This lines up with SEP having improved protection, DU in the hull like all Common Abrams Upgrade variants. This includes M1A1 SA, AIM v.2, FEP, and SEP V2. SEP V2 wasn’t rolled out until 2007/FY2008, but the license for unlimited DU hulls predates this as of August 2006.

You will see that at the bottom of this document, it is stamped as AUG 24 2006. It carries the same license number as the document that listed only 5 DU hulls allowed, but now has hulls given the same unlimited status as the turrets.:
https://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML0624/ML062410022.pdf

"In accordance with letter dated
February 22, 2006 (with enclosed application)

1. License number SUB-1536 is renewed in
    its entirety to read as follows:
    A. Uranium (depleted in U-235) A. Metal encased in stainless steel
    A. As needed

2. Authorized Use:
    A. and B. For use (excluding repair or maintenance) and storage of tank turrets and hulls as
    Depleted Uranium armor components of Abrams M1 series tanks. "

That 5 hull limit was removed, hulls given same permission as turrets.

9 Likes

Can you all stop replying on the bug report? It adds nothing useful to the report which have more than enough source and it just create confusion and possibly cause delay, just lets wait for technical moderators to do their job.

8 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong isn’t Sepv1 and Sepv2s in game armor values based off the Swedish export base line m1a2 armor that didn’t even have DU in it?

Im not sure, i do not have access to the that values right now.

I already did that, you can see it here: M1A2 SEP ( v1, v2 ) missing hull armor // Gaijin.net // Issues

2 Likes

Excellent. Please continue.

you mean this?

6 Likes

Yep that’s it those are the armor values they use in game. Its crazy how sepv1 and sepv2 are using some export non-DU armor package that was made before sepv1 and sepv2 even existed.

10 Likes