Taking off asap vs using whole runway - which is fastest?

Ive been here since planes OBT so get out of here with that presumptuous attitude.

Engine temps dont have anything to do with how fast you get up to speed outside of the initial spool up which I already said and wont repeat myself.

You can confidently be wrong as much as you like, but it doesnt change the fact that Ive literally done races with friends in the same plane using each method to see which is faster. The only time you need to is on carrier launches but when was the last time you launched a jet off a carrier outside of a test flight or custom game in ARB?

3 Likes

here’s your comparison. throttling straight up, or doing your method.

in props it literally doesn’t matter, since a piston engine doesn’t work on thrust or spooling up like a jet, throttle position = RPM = prop speed = level of thrust. if you’re at 100% throttle you’re producing 100% thrust.

3 Likes

Shhhh then, because I said that in the first place… Holding brakes to merely stop you wasting runway, is a given if that spooling is a case.

No need for a page and a half about some other junk.

thats because it proves you wrong, isn’t it?

3 Likes

He lives inside his own world and will reframe anything to fit his beliefs. Not worth it to argue with him.

3 Likes

Rolling down the runway your aircraft don’t need to use AoA which increases lift and drag at the same time to sustain his own weight, because the gear is doing that job.

For a hypothetical scenario, let’s pick a f16:

lift off at 200kph with takeoff flaps and high AoA = not efficient

lift off at 350kph = better

lift off at around 450kph before gear warning message starts popping up and immediately retrieve gear = even better, but not a huge difference (even less AoA).

Edit:
In practical terms, take off at high speeds with as little pitch as possible (between 400-450kph in a f16 or 500kph in a mig29), and retrieve gear immediately, then pitch down and level up with the ground and build speed, that’s the fastest way to accelerate.

Notes:
Gear deployed won’t cause meaningful drag until 500kph+ with modern jets
If you rip gear, there’s no drag penalty from the open wholes in the fuselage and there’s no reduction in weight for losing it either.

2 Likes

Not at all really, what exactly did you prove other than you can pick a crumby plane, and take off with no difference because it would seem the plane doesn’t even need flaps to take off, but this shows but ONE example, that YOU picked…

It’s like all those peopel who proclaim that SPAA is rubbish in matches, and challenge you, 1v1 plane vs SPAA to prove how ‘vulnerable’ SPAA is, ignoring that they’re on a field with others in realistic scenarios.

Your angle, is just pure want to prove someone wrong, just so you can flex… I’m merely mentioning the technique.

And for the fact of it, a whole YEAR of complaints rose from the airfields being too short for players, and you don’t remember that…

If you can’t actually discuss anything and hold a conversation, then maybe forums aren’t actually your thing… These are for conversaations, not mudslinging, and abuse.

Maybe you need to think about that a bit more.

oh I’m sorry, is an F16 and an Me-262 not not enough for you? do you want me to go and record every single jet in the game? No, I did a top tier plane (that I have researched) and the first operational jet fighter in the world (which absolutely needed takeoff flaps) to create a fair contrast.

No, my angle was answering the OPs question. “what is the fastest way to get off the runway after spawning” Mine, and eveyone elses answer, was informing them of that.

Your angle was to tell everyone that they are wrong, and you are morally superior with your technique, from the very first post you made in this thread:

And then when given literal video evidence testing and comparing your technique, you are shown that you are wrong, you decide to just discount it because it doesn’t fit your narrative and move the goalposts, while continuing to degrade the other people taking part in this discussion and give yourself a self imposed sense of superiority to us.

I highly suggest that you take your own advice:

because the only person here doing any of that is yourself.

1 Like

Don’t bother with @FlyingDoctor . He was proven wrong from multiple angles, especially by your videos.

The OP question is thoughtfully answered so there’s nothing more to add.

lol were you on something when you typed this stuff 6 months ago?

I love the way how the ‘community’ can put out such comments and silliness, just to prove someone wrong…

Seems premature to be honest because it’s immature to need to prove yourself in such a manner.

Thing is, if you hold the brakes, wind up, get rolling, and take off, you then have a better angle of attack as you’re actually paying attention to instruction rather than just rolling on down the runway, trying to prove someone wrong, when you’re not even trying.

That’s the reason I never bothered about revisiting it…

But seeing as you need to make out someone was wrong, maybe you need to reassess why you’re bumping a 6 month old thread, for your first post.

It’s wonderful that this was bumped to be honest, as it’s time the forums took a better turn.

mans still salty about being wrong on the internet 6 months later too apparently

You’re just too eager to be right, so much so that you’re clearly wrong.

The eagerness to prove me wrong, and show me wrong, means you forgo most of the advice given, just to throw-down an ascertion.

There’s nothing salty about it… It just needs to be said that the goading from the outset of someone even handing out information to someone, in order to solely prove someone ‘wrong’ is a sign of a problem with the gamer themselves.

It doesn’t matter if it’s props or jets, here’s the procedure:

It does matter if you’re using tricycle gear or tail dragger as holding the breaks with a the latter can result in a prop strike, especially in fighters.

Throttle up to take off thrust and hold your breaks until the aircraft starts moving (this is only really important on shorter fields when you’re in a heavy aircraft as if you don’t do this you can run off the end of the runway before you’re at VR)

When your at rotation speed (VR), rotate, lift off the ground, raise gear and level off, then raise flaps when fast enough but continue level until you’re at your desired climb speed then climb.

Staying on the ground will always be slower and in jets you will break your landing gear.

Also: In jets, don’t use after burner until you’re closer to take off speed. It’s just a waste of fuel though technically you will start your roll faster

If your aircraft has JATO rockets, don’t use them until you’re close to to take off speed.

Except I was not wrong.

The advice being given by you was incorrect for the advice being asked. “What is the fastest way to get off the runway after spawning”. There is only one correct answer for that question.

I tested both scenarios and posted clear video evidence of it. You declined to post any of your own testing, and did nothing but insult others with your own sense of superiority, just as you did in the post I am replying to.

I was not “eager to be right”. I was finding the correct answer to the question asked by the OP. If my testing had proven that your method was indeed faster, I would have been more than happy to still share that evidence and say “turns out he was right, there is your answer OP”.

But I didnt.

I am not here to float egos. I am here to find answers and share information. I have very little time for misinformation being shared, I do not care if I hurt the ego and feelings of people if I show them to be wrong in their argument. On the flip side, I am perfectly happy to concede and correct myself if I am shown myself to be wrong, as that promotes further learning.

I have even less time for people who intentionally promote disinformation despite being shown that it is incorrect. I have no respect for those people, especially when they wont even show any of their own testing or methodology to back up their claims.

If you still think I am wrong, or didnt do enough. Then you are most welcome to go out, test every single jet in the game, and make a comprehensive list of which ones are faster to get airborne while using each method, if there are any. That would be an excellent resource for the community to reference back on.

If you arent going to do that, then drop the high and mighty attitude, be an adult, and learn to accept when new verifiable information comes in that proves contrary to your views.

The insults proves you’re just in here to make a problem. I don’t care anymore for this community, but fact is that your drive to prove me wrong, and going in without taking notice of the advice in it’s entirity, rather than just trying to go for the juggular is an indication of the problem I face with players more commonly now than ever.

If you can’t take on board that you use your flaps at SPECIFIC times, and take off in a COORDINATED manner rather than just slamming the throttle and pulling up, then you aren’t here to learn in the first place, because that is what was mentioned about…

But no, you wanted to lean into the spooling and nothing else, to try and disprove my statement just to be ‘right’…

I’ll be as high and mighty as I goddamn please.

It’s not clear that this is the OP request as the post is asking about “which one is the best for speed” and doesn’t mention holding breaks or not, but rather staying on the runway.

The only correct answer to that is “take off as soon as possible” with the clarification of “do not rotate before you’re aircraft is ready to fly”

You’ll be faster at the end of the runway if you spool up first (even in props) but if you want to be the first in the furball you should not worry about holding the breaks at all.

Piston power aircraft give you near instant power but it still can be beneficial to spool up if you have more than one engine because they don’t start up at the same rate and you’ll end up in the grass or ground looping.

Use the entire rwy is faster, but irl your tiers blows up at around 175kts.

I’m not wrong, and your drive to prove me wrong months after the fact shows you have issues with someone saying something.

Sorry, but your points are null as holding the brake, to let your engines spool up, does make an effect overall on the speed that you are going at the critical points…

As well as timing in your flaps.

So much contributes, and your post contributed nothing.

‘Good day’ that…

Because this is necroposting…

Nothing to do with this…

So many have issues with me posting things, but the issue is actually you, not being confident engou hto do so without backup, and that’s where the history comes into it.

If you actually understood the forum you could easily find other posts by me, you don’t need my forum profile to be shown to do so.

WHO’D HAVE THUNK…