The powercreep it suffers on 9.0 or above makes this aircraft unusable. The lack of guns, afterburner and reliance on 4 missiles which can be easily dodged are more than enough justification to say that it shouldn’t be seeing matchups where most aircraft are supersonic.
Sure, it can get downtiered, but when that doesn’t happen, this aircraft is simply helpless.
Red top is a noticeable upgrade over other first missiles and shouldn’t be called as bad.
Way easier to lock allowing for shots on perpendicular opponents, higher g overload by a little, and I believe also has a bigger warhead (not sure about proxy range differences if it even has proxy).
I play scimitar at 8.7 a lot; I believe they both have similar engines, one just trades cannons for missile quality, which I think is somewhat fair. Depends on how maneuverable sea vixen is compared to scimitar to go down in rating. Both have the insane acceleration but I know the scimitar is quite bad at turns.
The Sea Vixen currently sits at 8.0, often facing planes without AAMs.
It is commonly abused in arcade, used to simply snipe spawn. It doesn’t belong at 8.0 either, where it commonly faces Vampires, SK etc, which cannot catch up, and got no missiles on their own! Are all the jets and BRs so poorly thought through that some battles will just remain unplayable for some nations for any foreseeable future?
Fuck adding new aircraft when the existing ones aren’t even close to balanced.
I’m a pretty new player, and I have a hard time believing this game’s this old, yet faces issues that you see in fucking beta tests.
honestly with sabres and mig15 from 8.0 it really doesnt make much sense to be 9.0.
Its very good but theres as good planes lower in BR and planes universes better at its BR (F-106)
Hawk T1a is powercreep for 7.7, its real good but it is also completely worthless as soon as theres a sabre or mig 15 from 8.0 within the general area.