T-80B should be buffed or its br lowered

What are you talking about?
Sanguine posted the same math I used, there was nothing to dismiss.
He confirmed my statements as true.

it does

In real life you can’t repair an engine in 30 seconds either, it’s a game

Every single Soviet/Russian top tier has an instakill viewport and LFP, the entire Leclerc hull is one giant weakspot, the entire Ariete is a weakspot.

The T-80B also has dogshit sight zoom compared to Leopard 2A4 and M1 Abrams, when you can’t zoom as well as others then the enemy’s weak spot will appear to be smaller, then your tank will appears to be bigger for them lol

2 Likes

Hey, as a soviet player, at least it got variable zoom.
Now take a T-72B with much stronger armour and twice horrible sights because now they are fixed magnification, and without any reverse speed as well as bad mobility in general.

I actually rate T-64B a better mbt than the T-72B, on top of having better zoom it also has more gun depression.

Yep, the only real downside before T-72B is inferior engine power.

Your statement was that you should ‘put your gun (camera) between the tip of the barrel and the roof of the hull’ and that you should not ‘go below the roof of the hull’.

In that case, if you were trying to use the protection analysis to shoot the lower front plate of a T-80 at 500m, for example, you would be making a downwards angle that is much more than it truly is, as you would have effectively shot it at a very close distance.
Your statement is not correct.

You, instead, have to aim your camera such that it is exactly at the same plane as the piece of armour you’re trying to shoot at. This obviously changes depending on the round used, as lower velocity shells have more bullet drop, which may affect the angle at which it hits the armour, but for high velocity APFSDS rounds, and at ranges we’re talking about, it’s quite negligible.

At 10m or so, the downwards angle can be significant enough for you to take into consideration that your hypothetical tank breech is higher than the lower front plate.

Exactly? So “its a weakspot irl” isn’t a good argument either

To be fair, top tier Russian MBTs’ viewports and LFPs are not always a consistent 1-shot kill opportunity, as fuel tanks, the breech, and the fact that sometimes the ammunition doesn’t detonate, all get in the way. Although, getting their breech via viewport shot almost every time is nice.
The LFP is much smaller compared to the LFP of the Abrams, as well as the LFP of something similar, like the Chinese ZTZ99As.

2 Likes

I personally go for the hull roof line, or in the case of T-72 up to its barrel tip since it sits so low and all but Abrams will have at least an extra half meter above its barrel height.

I’ll keep shooting the T-series ammo since I don’t experience the bug you do.

easily as consistent as the Abrams turret ring

Hitting an Abrams LFP just kills the driver

This is the perception of T-80B vs M1 Abrams which are both 10.3, the zoom level needs to be taken into account

I was sitting at the same spot and we can see the difference in zoom level, more zoom = bigger weakspot

T-80B

M1 Abrams

The lfp of Abrams is a no-go for me, why? because the 3BM42 will more likely be taking out the driver only which allowing the Abrams to return fire, I would always go for the turret ring area which is a reliable weakspot, the turret ring area doesn’t seem any bigger than T-80B lower plate if you take the zoom level of both tanks into account, the lfp of rusky is a kill shot in 7/10 times based on my experience, also you only has to kill two crews which always the case should a shot goes through the hull section.

I wish your experience actually matched reality. It hasn’t been 7/10 since the T-64A was the end of the line.

What is your personal number

3/10 on a good day, more like hardly ever 1 shots and just passes harmlessly through the carousel which should be a 10/10 kill

1 Like

That is a very low number if both tanks are at the same elevation, if it gets any lower then it’s in Merkavas engine armor no-go territory lol.

Well that’s just a lie.

@VenomThanos

And zoom doesn’t mean that there’s a bigger weakspot. Sure, the weakspot may look bigger, but it doesn’t mean it is bigger.
In that case, you could argue that bigger magnification also means bigger strongspots as well… which clearly isn’t correct.

9 Likes
Spoiler

2 Likes

Huh. You take the TURMS Vs M1 Abrams in 1km, compare to tech tree T-72B vs M1 Abrams in 1km, which T-72s see a bigger Abrams hitbox?

3 Likes