T-14 Armata mod 2021

those rounds are 125mm

@NER055 oi my friend, what do you know of the 152mm gun and the new autoloader system?

Flat earth logic.

1 Like

so can you prove your stuff specificaly that it has been realised with sources?

Yeah, exactly. Russian sources are like alternative news that flat earthers follow

Old interview with Obj 195 Chief Engineer.

And just one of the ilustrations from the autoloader patent.

As I said, completly different from AZ/MZ.

2 Likes

thats all nice, but thats like u said the obj 195, that doesnt mean it has been realized or used for the T-14 yet,

Leading theory is that they are reusing the same autoloader but scaled back to take 125mm rounds. However there are other, more recent patents for very similar autoloaders (ie. ammunition and charge placed vertically) published since 2016. Anyways, the autoloader has increased capacity and can handle larger ammunition than AZ/MZ.

On the other side, there are proposed modifications to the AZ autoloaders to accept Vacuum (and the layout of Vacuum I posted above is from one of those patents). UVZ has been working for a long time to develop modifications to the T-72/90 hulls and make them compatible with Vacuum.

you know patents are all plans, not actual realisations of the thing, every you said are plans and speculations which just dont exist yet for the T-14 armata

All military developments get patents once they get past a certain point of maturity. This isn´t napkin drawing. Both T-14 and Vacuum are in limited serial production but the latter will remain secret for a few more years. The drawing on the patent as well as the CAD models are the best insights we have on Vacuum for the moment.

If T-14, whenever it gets introduced, gets added Vacuum or not will be up to Gaijin and will depend on balance considerations.

2 Likes

yea vacum is all well, never doubted its existence, the 152mm armata just doesnt exist yet and the current ones are build with the old autoloader for 125mm

Oh I never argued for that either.

Your claim is that T-14 uses an AZ type autoloader then?

most seem to be, thats what all the russians on their forum complain about, and i would tend to trust them more

Based on what evidence exactly?

1 Like

I hear of this first time, the only thing I saw people complain about russian tanks is possible addition of T-90M not bringing in anything new, since same old soviet problems are present, such as bad reverse, depression, LFP, weakspots.

Theres literally an animation made from russian patent which is based of Object 195 autoloader.
Animation for 152mm autoloader, but it wouldnt take much to apply same for 125mm. After all that has been done for 125mm autoloader, just making size bigger in 115mm autoloader in original T-64.
Plus all russian tank forums only support such theory of T-14 having that exact autoloader.

Plus Object 148 exists only because of corruption in company, which main director on work on Object 148 and Object 195 admitted himself. If not the corruption, Object 195 would be the Armata we know today, and its most likely Object 148 shared lots of common things with Obj. 195, and its suggested to have new autoloader of this type.

Either way it will take year or so to add it, by that time maybe more information will pop up.

As for ammunition, we already have patent for what seems to look like Vaccuum, as well as image of what looks like its sabot.

1 Like

Technically nothing… Sorry

so pretty much confirms what i thought thanks xD

There are simple way to prove T-14 does not use horizontal carousel

Width of T-90 and T-14 is actually not that big different. and we all know that T-90A or T-90M cannot contain Vacuum because of short carousel autoloader, which is placed horizontal inside turret ring

then, what the magic T-14 use to make Vaccum stored in horizontal autoloader? They can only use vertical carousel in the T-14 to contain Vacuum.

2 Likes

It never had finished autoloader, IIRC, shootings tests were done without one.
Also recently enough it finally got its deserved place in Kubinka Tank Museum.

To back this up, theres proposals for how to fit even bigger shells into autoloader for T-90M, and to fit that into basis, you would have to stretch it up to 160mm more, if you look at width of T-14, its only 120mm wider, meaning it would be impossible to fit Vaccuums series, if it had old style autoloader.
(thats without its side ERA, considering tracks whcih are 20mm wider, meaning hull is maybe about 80mm wider, still impossible to fit Vaccuums into horizontal autoloader). (found an image showing that width of T-90 hull is 2210mm, meanwhile on T-14 its 2308, only 98 mm wider, around what I supposed it to be)
image019
Russian patent from 2010.
However I am sure this patent doesnt fully aplly to T-14, as it doesnt have same placement as on V-2 series of engines in T-90/T72, but an X type engine with transmission in monoblock.
image020 (1)
Another one from 2012.