T-14 Armata mod 2021

gajin should think about that earlier, but at this point its just an sorry excuse
Besides that the numper of APS charges gonna increase either way. The Eurothrophy system on the Leo 2a8 as well comes with a reloading machinismen

If the APFSDS can reach the ammo before it’s intercepted sure.

as i said

Real life capabilities are all nice, still doesnt matter if gajin wont do them for balance or similar

Well, the turret is only rated for 30mm ammunition, so it should definitely have the ability to intercept sabot

i am repeating myself here. Do you think an IFV turret is rated for higher ammo?
Besides that look at the armor of merkava, leclercs, challenger. Do you realy think your argument would intrest gajin?
The striker is a nearly unammed main cannon as well.
You just gotta work with an unarmored turret

No offense, it’s quite difficult to make out what you’re trying to say.

1 Like

the kfv 41 turret wouldnt survive any higher caliber either.
It is in the exact same situation as the T-14 Armata. Both weak turrets but the ability to intercept APFSDS.

Now look at other tanks in the game leclercs, merkava and challenger.
All those tanks have to work with weaker armor then they would have in reality.
The same will happen to the T-14, it doesnt matter if the turret would only survive 30mm Autocannon fire.
You have to learn how to play with that weakness.
A good comparison is the M1128 Stryker, the T-14 will play similar to it while still having an armored chassis. But no protection at all in the turret

You can’t compare the KF-41 to the T-14, they’re two different types of armored vehicle also why’re you bringing other main battle tanks up? What do they have to do with anything? They don’t even have the same philosophy. A better vehicle to compare to it is the KF-51.

I can because they still have to deal with the same problem that their APS system wont be working against APFSDS.
Why are you saying it should work for the T-14 and not for the KF41?

I am giving examples that other vehicles also have to play with weaknesses they dont have in reality.
They need to overcome the worse armor gajin gave them.
Just like the T-14 will need to overcome the lack of APS protecting it from APFSDS

I mean yeah. But that one isnt in the game yet. But still would end up with the same result , they both use the same APS system

1 Like

Highly doubt it would work anyway on the KF-41, all the APS does is reduces penetrator effectiveness. Perhaps this is the same case for the Armata but we won’t know until gaijin models and adds it to the game.

This vehicle will probably work better with the APS.

The Armata APS would need to be first be proven to completly stop APFSDS as well, until then it can only be thought about reducting as well,

yes. Thats what i am saying you have to be ready to play the T-14 without that capability to stop APFSDS. Because lets be realistic, if its reduces the effectiveness of a round. The turret will get shredded either way.
Just like other nations need to play with weaker armor

It’s not supposed to completely stop it, it just reduces effectiveness.

good, still points stands. In case of the turret it is likely to get penetrated either way because of only 30mm protection as you said

Probably, however it depends on different parameters, they’re not all the same. The charges on the Armata are also quite large for what it is so it wouldn’t surprise me if it had good effectiveness.

at that point we come back to how gajin only believes that russia is able to design era that is effective against apfsds. And dont realy wanna start that discussion today anymore

Most likely they are big EFPs. We have patents for an APFSDS based on such a layout and claimed to be effective vs APFSDS.

2 quick questions:

1: is there any visual proof of it being able to go 85kmph in reverse?
2: If my memory serves me well, the Abrams is capable of 72kmph but can go even faster theoretically, however the tracks can’t withstand that speed. I’m wondering if it is only capable of this speed due to its weights? Dunno how much you know about this but maybe somewhere here does.

1- Yes there is. Official stats have it at 75 km/h.

However, the speedometer goes up to 85 km/h
armata-www38niii-002 tablero driver
As you can see at the simulated revolutions its already indicating 80 km/h. Also BTW showing revs and shifts.

2- Abrams is limited to that speed because going faster results in too high wear and tear of its components. Perhaps this is also the case for T-14. However consider that power to weight ratio for T-14 is 27, which is the highest figure modern tanks achieve (ZTZ99A and Type 10 also have this p/w) so it should have top of the class acceleration.

5 Likes

75 being the official number makes a lot more sense, thanks for showing!

1 Like

They put a regulator on the reverse so crews would not crash and damage the tank.