Swedish Tiger II

Man, I’m tired of getting killed by own tanks or planes when playing Germany. Leopard vs. Leopard, Bf-109 vs. Bf109, Panzer IV vs Panzer IV and so on. Its especially interesting when 30 years old Swedish Leopards are better than actually recent developments from Germany. Or sweden gets a better version of the Arado. Or the Bf-109G2, while Germany just gets the tropical version of the G-2 with less output (due to desert sand filters).

Granted, its the same with alot other nations…but it generally just …arrg. When you want to play Leopard 2A6, you should play Germany. When you want to play Tigers… same. Etc…

Imagine playing a WW2 releated MMO and it feels like everyone vs. everyone…cause all units are mixed between nations.

2 Likes

that’s gaijin’s fault for wanting the game to be copy paste based in terms of frequent “new content”.

1 Like

It’s fine.

2 Likes

For the simulator mode, it’s horror.

We simulator players have been demanding our own tech trees with a clear ww2 and cold/modern war separation Alliies (blue) vs. Axis (red) and NATO (blue) vs. current dictatorships (red) for years!

that would be much better

1 Like

That’s an incredibly simplified way of looking at countries with highly complex governing systems lmao

3 Likes

Those were at least INTENDED to see combat after their development was done. The swedish Tiger 2 was a range target.

1 Like

Yes, It will be a great addition to the 6.7 lineup along with the pbv 501, charioteer and bkan.

2 Likes

You mean pbv 302

I made a mistake and wrote the name of the 2.3 spaa instead of the bmp-1 without the atgm

Aha

501?

The same could be said about a lot of the captured vehicles present in game. Off the top of my head, US has a captured Zero, Hayabusa, and 109 and Japan has a captured Corsair, P-51, B-17 and the Tiger 1 it bought but never used and that’s all off the top of my head. The Swedish Tiger isn’t that much different from any of the captured vehicles already in game and doesn’t really establish any new precedents.

And another thing, why are people complaining that it should’ve been the Kunsvagen instead? First of all, the only precedent for such a vehicle would be the E-100, which has been a one off by Gaijin from the early days, and while there are paper vehicles in the game, Gaijin has been going out of their way to remove them and replace them with something more accurate, see the Tiger 105, Panther 2 and R2Y2s (yes, I know they’re still in the TT, but Gaijin has stated they are working on removing them). Even if we remove all this from the equation, why would you want it in the BP? The BP should stay copy + paste so that interesting vehicles go into tech trees. If the Krunsvagen is to be added, it should be through the tech tree.

4 Likes

Gaijin not adding foreign Tanks (difficulty impossible)

Jokes aside, the growing trend of incorporating foreign vehicles into minor tech trees poses a problem

1 Like

The Difference is that Swedes never even have a look at the King-tiger,… Other capture vehicules really ended in the hands of the nation they have been added too.

Tiger 1 for Japan was bought and was about to be shipped to Japan → way more different and real than Swedes having a KT

1 Like

winnie the pooh has unlimited power. what’s so complex about that?

Hey, we drove it around and tested it a shit ton before we used it as target practise

3 Likes

No, the Swedes did test out the tiger before using it as target practice, even firing the gun. The American BF109 was given to them by the British, they didn’t capture that example themselves. As for the Japanese Tiger 1, they bought it but never actually used it, similar to how the Swedish bought the Tiger 2. If anything, the Swedish Tiger 2 has a better justification in that Sweden actually got their hands on it, whereas the Japanese Tiger 1 was never delivered.

3 Likes

I suggest you look into the internal structure of Chinese the government before saying such thing.

I take it that Biden and Sunak have full power too? They are the heads of state after all…
Such a polarized view…

I agree with HolmanTheHorror here. TK for Sweden makes much more sense ingame than Japan with a tiger I since that thing didn’t even get loaded onto a submarine before the allies attacks put an end to it

1 Like

Swedes getting just every vehicle from every nation makes exactly no sense. It seems already sufficient that a Swede gazes at a vehicle to get it added to their ingame TT.

1 Like