Sweden should also get Gripen C

is that 10,000 stationary on the runway?
Asking because I believe the numbers on the stat card is the stationary thrust, all modern jets have higher than that at high speeds.

10,000 at peak going M1.25 at 1500M

Can you check the Viggen? Just out of curiosity since it has some mad powerful engine

Viggen makes 16000kgf peak in air, don’t recall its hangar stats though.

1 Like

the canards dont do roll though afaik

and, looking at this airshow here, the roll in general seems to be too much Saab JAS-39C Gripen Swedish Air Force flying Display Mollis Zigermeet 2019 AirShow - YouTube

I’m pretty sure they do but very slightly

Yeah, the numbers on the stat card is the stationary thrust, all modern jets have higher than that at high speeds afaik. I believe what General Lee was referring to had to do with its thrust curve, like at what point it gains the higher thrust I guess, this is just my kinda uneducated thought on it though.

I believe it also has a war mode for the engine which gives more thrust at the cost of engine life, with the thrust gained being classified.

if they do then veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slightly…
Gripen canards in action - Czech JAS-39 Gripen at NATO DAYS 2016. HQ audio - YouTube
JAS 39 Gripen Solo display 2018. Binaural audio! - YouTube
in displays they roll much slower at low speed.

I haven’t seen the General Lee content about it so I don’t know his methodology but it has a very gradual increase in the OSD, doesnt seem to make a ton of power at low speeds comparative to other fighters anyway.

1 Like

Well that’s one myth debunked, as I play on xbox I do not have dev server access, nor do I have game values access, so I have to go off what I heard from places like Youtube.

I think the current thrust is fine if it is like you tested

1 Like

I do not see anything standing out about the thrust of the Gripen no.

Yeah that’s the point of twin rudders, at high AoA a single rudder loses effectiveness majorly, particularly in stable aircraft, however IIRC the Gripen is pretty damn unstable as far as fighters go so that might have something to do with it.

At low speed from what i’ve seen in-game the rudder does fuck all though.

the rudder moves it around a lot but its very unpredictable because gaijin appears to have put in a low speed recovery thing(as it has irl i think) which does funky stuff to your controls.

if you pitch up and roll it always cobras which does not seem realistic

They just liked the Draken that much that they coded its low speed performance into the Gripens fly by wire lmao.

On a serious note I’d expect the Gripen is one of the least mature flight models they have but then again the SU-27 exists. From looks alone M4K and F-15 look a lot more ‘finished’ although the F-15 has numerous inaccuracies reported.

Don’t take this as gospel though, I literally can’t trial the thing.

1 Like

I think it depends If you’re in full real manual mode or damping/mouse aim which is essentially the flight computer.

it was in mouse aim

but you manually steered the rudder?

I only fly sim with controller, I’m not super familiar with this stuff

yeah just keyboard inputs. those override the mouse control but not to the same level as full real