Sweden should also get Gripen C

I absolutely agree, I am also a Sweden player (surprisingly Sweden is my main after Germany and not the UK) but imo they should’ve dropped the A, in fact i’ve been saying for months the A was relevant several majors ago, now to be competitive Sweden really needs the Gripen C with AIM-120A’s as does the F-15 to some extent, considering the kit the SU-27 has gotten.

Have you seen its flight performance in the dev if it stays it will be one of the best dogfighters

Thats gonna get nerfed, General Lee said it has 1/4 too much thrust, its drag coef is closer to accurate, but not entirely there.

Its instantaneous turn, roll and AoA is accurate though

Dogfighting doesn’t matter if you get hit across the map by a radar missile off of spawn, which you had no way of detecting because no rwr launch warning

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean the will nerf it but we will see
They said it should be comparable to the F16

Very likely going to get a bit nerfed. I’m skeptical about parts of its manoeuvrability - HOWEVER I do think the energy retention is accurate. It’s a super modern and advanced moving canard delta wing airframe, has extremely low drag and wing loading, should be able to super cruise at mach 1.1-1.2 with a2a loadout on as well as match the F16’s rate of climb in some circumstances despite it’s inferior TWR - thanks to it’s low drag and wing loading.

IRL it exceeds it in areas and is worse in others, primarily thrust to weight and sustained turn rate as unlike larger canard deltas, it doesnt have the thrust to compensate for the speed bleed. Right now however it does.

yes it accelerates like a rocketship and has a very very low drag coef as well as some speed blled improvements due to canards, but its very obviously overperforming.

We also have to consider that Gaijin has this “1.5x G loading” thing, where they allow jets to pull 1.5x their real life G limit - something similar to that.

This will make the Gripen look a bit better than expected when people compare it to games like DCS, like all jets in WT.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 21.42.06

Also can we take a moment to acknowledge Gaijin’s prank of the year?

What a plot twist…

1 Like

How is he calculating that? The WTRTI overlay? If so, nearly every afterburning jet exceeds their written thrust values.

1 Like

They said it was coming, but didnt say to where

1 Like

This ss is edited just saying.

I have absolutely no idea but if its true i’d expect a substantial nerf. Still will be good, but less of a rocketship. I’m not sure how this translates over its T/W ratio as if it does it would be pretty easy to test by just taking min fuel and seeing if it will accelerate vertically.

Content is the same

the roll and rudder authority at high AoA cannot be correct

Why not?
Btw I have not played dev server, but seen some clips of it.

Comment for statistics

Please Gajin… Gripen C for Sweden

Greetings for everyone, keep safe <3

9 Likes

basically it doesnt lose rudder or roll authority while at high aoa which is just wrong

Those full moving canards should allow for very good high speed manoeuvrability, that’s what should set it apart from a clean delta wing like the mirage2000.

But since I haven’t played It I’m not gonna argue it further, you might be right

I just went and used the OSD to see the JAS39 generating 10,000kgf at peak with 8500 being the written value. The F4J Phantom II claims 8100kgf per engine and makes 9600kgf in air. The F8E Crusader claims similar, and peaks at around 9300.The F14A manages to produce over 12,000 at peak per engine with a listed spec of 8020kgf lol
It doesn’t seem like the Gripen is “overperforming” in thrust as opposed to any other high tier afterburning aircraft

4 Likes