The only decent Swedish rank 5 aircraft in ARB are the SAABs that get airspawns, nothing is competitive with other jet fighters in their tier, and they are CONSTANTLY getting uptiered to 9.0, where they face jets that are 10-20 years newer, and completely impossible to catch, outmaneuver, or kill. The Vampires do not belong at 8.0, the Tunnans in their current state are not competent at 7.7-8.0, and the SAABs are only good for base bombing and head-ons. This rank of Swedish Air has not been a fun grind at all, its extremely discouraging to know that every game I queue into I will be the underdog. Has this been the experience of anyone else, or am I missing a hidden gem or tactic that will make this BR more playable for Sweden?
2 Likes
J 29A is fine. Just spam that until you get J 29F or J 34. SK 60B is also good according to some, I just dislike its pitiful speed.
This is precisely my experience too. Sweden is a lot of uphill battles against the nations that Gaijin seems to favor. There’s not really much to do but to toughen it out if you want to play Sweden, because it doesn’t seem they want to make it playable any time soon.