I will not get tired until everyone realizes how current system is buggy and makes you lose experience when you are stock, makes the game even more grindy. I will start with basic definitions
SURPLUS RP: When you research a modification or a plane, imagine you only need last 500 RP for currently selected modification/plane. You win a fight and earn 800 RP. Once you are there to see the results of the game- you either survived until the end of the battle or you waited for battle result in hangar, game puts you on research/modification window. You spend 500 RP to complete your current selected research and the surplus 300 goes to whatever you select next. This is manual process and I will explain the bug caused by manual nature.
- You need 500 RP for Compressor modification. You need 1000 RP for Engine modification(you plan to select it next)
- You started Battle 1, had a good performance, but died before battle ended. You are in hangar.
- Result of Battle 1 won’t come until it ends.
- You are impatient, started battle 2 while you still selected Compressor and still need 500 RP.
- You had a similar performance, but this time battle was really long. So long that Battle 1 ended when you were inside Battle 2.
- In Battle 1, you earned 800 RP. In the background, game automatically completes Compressor in the background. 800 - 500 = 300 exp is surplus and you can’t transfer that 300 because you were in Battle 6. Battle 2 ended now. You are back to hangar. Before the Battle 2, you selected Compressor remember!
- Battle 2 results came, you earned 900 RP. You check the results and see the line Researching Progress: Compressor 500 RP.
- You can’t believe your eyes. Battle 1 completed the Compressor already, why is Battle 2 experience is spent on already completed Compressor?
HOW MUCH RP YOU LOST?
Battle 1 had 800 RP. 500 Went to Compressor to complete. 300 Surplus RP is gone since you couldn’t select another research when Battle 1 ended.
Battle 2 had 900 RP. It spent 500 RP on already completed Compressor, so wasted 500 RP here. This time, you can use 900 - 500 = 400 RP since you completed fight properly. You won 1700 RP from both matches but only 900 RP went to real research, 800 RP you lost to this bug or design decision.
WHAT IS THE UNDERLYING DESIGN DECISION
Modification selection just before entering battle matters. For example, you started battle with Compressor selected. You went into hangar early and tried to change that battle’s RP earning to G-Suit. It doesn’t matter, the RP you gained will try to go to Compressor first.
Second design decision is: If you are in another fight when older battle result comes, any surplus RP is gone to void, since you couldn’t select the next research in latter battle.
WHEN DOES THIS HURT YOU MOST
Air RB hurts most because you are allowed to have single plane so in total, you have only one research active. You can die really early, in first 10 minute for example but Air RB might as well take 25 minutes.
In the game modes where you can have multiple vehicle spawns and even respawn in same vehicle via backups, the risk is lower because you can see the end of battle by using all vehicles and obviously, more research in single battle means reduced risk.
This design decision hurts until rank 4 ends, where a single battle can potentially give you RP enough for 2 different modifications.
Please join me in informing Gaijin about this wrong design decision.
WHAT IS CORRECT DESIGN DECISION?
Well we know what causes problem. So the solution is easier. We want all RP we gained not to get lost. So, solution is not selecting Research first. Solution is like World of Tanks. You gain RP first, it is gathered in the pool and when you are in hangar, you select a research to complete if you have enough. If you don’t have enough RP, unused RP is gathered in the “to be used” pool. This way, you will never lose RP becuase you were in an active battle when older results came.
HOW TO SUPPORT ME FOR BUG FIX
In this website, please click to it affects me option.