Suggestion for planes in GRB

Nah, I’m fine.

1 Like

then don’t come at me like a sweaty virgin giving me that “sKiLl iSsuE” crap

4 Likes

Sure they do. Add a ground only mode. Pretty simple. If CAS is super fun and deeeefffinitely needed to get snipers out of position, etc., then nobody will want to play ground-only mode, right? So nothing for CAS-ers to worry about!

The simplest and most obvious immediate improvement though would be to remove the ability for pilots to cast literal magical spells that allow them to divine the fates of dead spirits to find out where they were killed from (also known as “kill cam”). Allow people to view kill cams after the end of the match if you want to learn your weak spots etc. but not during.

Actual wizard spells are a bit out of place, to say the least, in a tank game, not Dungeons and Dragons, and in a mode called “Realistic Battles” on top of that.

2 Likes

That’s not a nice thing to say especially considering all you had to give was a whataboutism jab.

Where’d those stats even come from? Your own?

Those are rookie numbers pal… Gotta pump those numbers up…

1 Like

4 Likes

Two ideas that I’ve thought of was

1. no air spawn (buff airfield AA)
  2. make bombs and missiles more expensive
2 Likes

I call for targets for air strikes, even calling for people to scout more, and all I get are pings where single tanks are.

End up finding myself a good pack of tanks.

1 Like

hurrdurr so fhunny…

I’ve got more spawns than missions, and my win ratio isn’t as high as yours… It’d only matter if I gave a toss about them, for the sake of saving my team from being pummeled by planes.

Also, I don’t have a negative kill ratio, as you’ve neglected that there’s also ground kills on that unit as well.

Maybe you should do some maths or something because you really aren’t that crash hot on counting, let alone making an actual argument to counter the comments.

You’ve got nothing but rage, and it’s very misguided.

2 Likes

Actually it’s more 😂

But you got clapped.

KDs can’t be negative unless the Ostwind 2 has necromancy features I don’t know about.

1 Like

It’s actually so painful to see people try and make out anything can have a negative ratio… It’s like they literally don’t know maths.

Yeah pretty much it and then they get bomb they cries like a babies

Not a big fan of CAS, really, but I know its need to be used to break stalemates. However, while CAS comes in WAY too early imho, I think a must easier fix would be to give SPAA the actual FLAK/AA Ammunition they would normally have. Having to rely on a direct hit with your SPAA isn’t the most reliable since (at least in my experience) the HE shell doesn’t do anything, or the AP/Tracer shell hits the plane and does nothing. The times it DOES work is nice, but, I still think FLAK/AA ammo would be a significant upgrade to the standard HE/AP belts you get.

I forgot to mention that actually making pilots eject from their planes after killing them, instead of letting them fly around, drop bombs/missiles/strafing would be another good change. Getting tired of getting bombed by planes that are already counted as ‘dead’ but are still active.

Something something “allowing players to still get a chance”, something something “the beast inside you” something, at least part of the quotes from Gaijin themselves.

I’m also gonna throw out another take here, more how Gaijin sees it anyway.

No one is restricting anyone from spawning in a plane to deal with CAS, it is something they’ve actively encouraged users to do. Likewise they also actively encourage users to use CAS to support the team and turn a losing game around.

It’s why UCAV is still more expensive than a full Air-to-Air aircraft loadout despite being significantly worse, higher tier helis with manpads and A2A missiles also significantly lower than CAS spawn cost and why CAS are still a thing in this game.

Edit: As much as the players have the sentiment of “I want to play tanks only in Ground RB”, firstly it’s not called “Tank RB”, ground battles are not solely ground battles irl either, they’re supported by a wide array of equipments which includes CAS. Secondly, Gaijin sees it as a user’s issue for not playing the game as how they intended it to be, while players keeps demanding to change it to how WE want it to be.

Just gotta keep hitting them until they aren’t actually controllable, rather than just going for the kill and pulling off.

Hell, I’ve even been spiralling with one wing and dropped bombs on players whilst I just know I’m ‘about’ over them…

1 Like

Is that what Gaijin actually states though? This seems more a “discussion point” between members here.

Aircraft in the mode is just what the Devs planned making the game more interesting with “combined” battles. Was part of the selling point I thought (and to be honest I came with 0 expectations so the game was just what it is, so baffles me when newer players scream at the concept as opposed to long term players where I can understand their greivances more, even if I do not agree fully).

1 Like

As planes and tanks are implemented with complete different set-ups to make them playable for masses - you have simply the phenomenon that you can’t balance them vs each other - to counter CAS you need another plane.

The skill floor to fight ground units with a plane is way lower than to fight an enemy aircraft. That’s why good pilots are imho rare in Ground RB.

I play exclusively Air RB and check vehicle stats of my enemies before i engage them in 1 vs 1s in order to assess their threat level. And i get very often surprised how easy it is to kill very successful pilots even if they fly better planes with severe energy advantage. Checks after the match show very often that their high number of air kills are results of playing aircraft in Ground RB.

From my pov the main point of any TO mode / CAS discussion is that rather mediocre pilots can play very successful in Ground RB due to a lack of competition with experienced pilots or experienced SPAA users.
The skill requirements for fighting planes with SPAAs are usually higher than the other way around. So the highly experienced long term player is able to defend himself vs enemy planes by using SPAAs or just with spawning a fighter, whilst the majority seems to be helpless vs average players in plane whilst driving a tank.

So with a little “out of the box” thinking you don’t need to balance tanks vs planes - you need to balance planes with other planes.

The problem is that Ground RB is not very tempting for dedicated pilots, so a lot of good Air RB pilots avoid your mode mainly due to 4 reasons:

a) rather bad economy of Ground RB vs Air RB
b) extremely low WRs (60%+) in Ground RB
c) entry barrier of at least 1 death in order to fly a plane
d) absence of markers in plane vs plane combat

Pilots driven by pure stat pushing will therefore avoid your mode either due to those reasons or because it is much easier to increase their stats in Air RB whilst clapping rather easy targets like tankers in air-to-air combat.

Fortunately not all pilots are driven by stats and play just for fun. And they prefer a good fight with other aircraft compared to slaughtering more or less helpless ground units.

After watching several hundreds of vids and replays of Ground RB in the last 7 years the majority of matches follow the same rules: Rush a cap, earn SP for a CAS plane, die and farm Ground units or kill clueless pilots tunnel visioning on revenge bombing or ground attack in general.

If you would implement a first spawn in an aircraft without any A2G load like bombs or rockets, add markers for A2A combat (so no ground unit markers) and ensure that they attack only enemy aircraft (so playing anti-CAS or just cover own CAS) you would have way less issues with balancing CAS vs tanks.

Most valid arguments against such a proposal:

1. Planes with cannons and HMGs are still a massive threat for open top / light vehicles
  2. Pilots have their own mode, why should they be allowed to play Ground RB without playing tanks
  3. First spawn planes will reduce the number of available ground units for capturing and holding points. Very long and very tight matches (imho rather rare) are usually decided by tanks as they ensure ticket wins with holding / defending points.

Can be countered with:

1. Simply kick them out of the lobby if they attack anything else than enemy aircraft (including choppers) or SPAAs (for self-defense). If you won’t want to kick them out: Disable damage of cannons/HMGs and map pinging in case they want to mark them.
  2. Air RB is flooded with tankers which perform actually useless tasks like base bombing or farming ai units. They are playing PvE in a TDM game mode with severe impact on the outcome of matches - basically the team with less tankers wins. By allowing dedicated pilots to defend own ground units in Ground RB dedicated tankers could focus on the ground battle.
  3. Just limit the number of first spawn planes (2-4 based on lobby size) and allow them to load ground loadouts and to attack other targets as outlined in point 1 after 15 (?) minutes or earlier if just a few players are left.

Summary:

I follow this CAS issue and connected points like ODLs for years now from a pure pilot perspective. It is obvious that gaijin is aware of this, but despite hundreds of threads and thousands of posts i see not substantial changes in their game design.

So from a holistic pov gaijin assesses the current situation as fine. Any attempts to weaken planes in Ground RB or to convince them to implement TO modes are a dead end as they would have a severe impact on their earnings. I mean Ground RB players are forced to buy planes to defend their tanks - so why would they change anything?

3 Likes

Understanding this, why is it we’re meant to stop posting new threads complaining about the persistent issue that Gaijin refuses to address?