Suggestion : An option to disable uptiering?

…or play Air Sim EC where you can select the matches you like.

2 Likes

Correction: This is a discussion, not a suggestion thread and even if it was it wouldn’t have been approved.

60 people online devs say that +/-0.7 will cause long queues
80k people online devs claim…
140k people online devs claim…
180k people online devs claim…
220k people online devs claim…

The fundamental question is how many millions or billions of people do developers need to finally narrow the gap and make the game more equal?

Make BR steps 0.2 and BR spread 0.8 then. Also, make Reserve units BR 0.7 (or BR 0.8 with my proposed system). New players need their sandbox, so they don’t get discouraged and quit, as “the game is too hard.” Let them enjoy it for a while without BR 2.0 planes with cannons spoiling their fun.

With the new top BR WWII ships coming in this year, everything is skewed and they will get bombed by jets and the ships are still very compressed as it is. With the 0.2 BR steps, you can keep the current ships at BR 7.0 and still decompress the whole thing. Doesn’t make any sense, if they keep it as it is and have BR 8.0 ships. You will get gaijined when your battleship gets bombed by Tu-4 (prop), IL-28, Tu-14T, B57, etc. B-29 (prop) already sits at BR 7.0.
Test trial it in Naval, then go from there.

this is… Terrible advice… 70% of games are uptiers… and at least 50% of them are full up tiers… if not more. “uptier thunder” is a meme/thing for a reason. So suggesting people leave them is… asinine.

The real, accurate and Good advice is telling them to either get used to playing (full) up tiers, or to play a different game.

It doesn’t make any sense to claim 70% of games are uptiers. That would require that only 30% of players are in EITHER or the highest two BRs in a match, but the algorithm allows up to 25% in the top BR and either 25% or unrestricted (can’t remember) in the second highest BR.

Even if your numbers were true (they aren’t), it would require there to be so few people in the top brackets that a full uptier would barely even matter or be particularly annoying at that point, because you’d rarely run into people at much higher BR than you. Due to how few of them there would have to be.

It’s about 50% uptiers. Not only is that what you can just deduce mathematically, but I’ve actually measured it with a spreadsheet before for a week, and it was almost dead on perfect 50%, I think it was 52% IIRC. I systematically ran equal datapoints in every BR I had unlocked at the time, though. Some BRs were 70%, but others were like 30% uptiers, on average it was again I believe 52%

In any case, it takes almost no time to queue again these days, so the advice would still be good even if it was 70% on top of all of the above. Advice is great at 50%. Gonna keep doing it. Instead of getting mad about it, do it yourself too, cant beat em join em.

No.
Simplest reason: This game is about realism, not Counter Strike parity.

Uptiering? Why is that a problem?

I simply leave battle when i see full uptier and just play different nation. It’s literally that easy. I haven’t played full 1.0BR uptier in a while

1 Like

I do if I am in the upper tiers of WW2 and dont want to see drones and ATGMs …which I dont.

No,… as it was proven on other thread that such thing automatically downtier as well.

It’s not disabling Uptier, it’s disabling MM, ending you fighting only the SAME exact BR than anyone.

Which means that you need 31 players on the exact gamemode and BR than you to launch a game, which is not possible on part of the game.

I dont think the tier system is a choice .Its there to make the game work.

I was answering to OP post ^^"

But in the meantime, i’m conscious that some BR decompression on local areas of the game is deeply needed for game sanity.

I just assume that its a crucial part of the game mechanic regardless of how aggravating it may be. I hear that top tier fails as there is no tier above?

Well that the current problem of having a Top BR,…in the same way, you can say that reserve/1.0 BR is a fail because there is none under.

Yet,… for aircrafts at least, Current TOP BR should be farther away from current aircraft -1.0BR Below it, because of how different is technology in between this 1.0 spread,… same goes for aircraft between 8.7-9.7 and for aircrafts betwenn 10.3-11.3

In such that decompressing those 3 areas will give a better game experience, for anyone.

But in the same way, at Early Reserve/1.0 BR being uptiered is not really a problem as you may have different abilties(speed or maneuvrability) than 2.0 BR, you still have a large ability to get some kill.

So whats currently in Default is the ability of Gaijin to understand what is over compressed/pressured by the lack of BR, resulting in huge technological difference of vehicules.

There would have no problem with Uptier if people were having a 40-60% kill ability, yet in some areas of the game, this goes as bad 25-75% kill ability for aircrafts being uptiered vs Aircraft on top.

1 Like