Su-47 Berkut

oh ok my bad xD

1 Like

Well technically it was a little more stealthier due to the engine placement,the S-ducts and the shape in general,but the difference was negligible.

But we’re talking about Radar Stealth,regarding IR stealth it was on another league compared to the YF-22.

In game it would be hella broken lmao

1 Like

No problem. You know what would be super cool to see? A later version of the F111 because dang it improved so much. it got guided ordinance it also got this thing that let it fly 20 m from the ground without the pilot touching the controls. (Basically the plan will auto corrected and keep flying at 20 no matter hills or flat)

2 Likes

Hints the name Black Widow and Grey Ghost. LOL The only thing the F-22 had on it was better pricing. (My great uncle worked on the YF-23 as well as many many other plans includes the Blackbird)

1 Like

Well the placement and number of control surfaces plays a part too since the YF-23 used its V tail for pitch and yaw which might have contributed to it being slightly less maneuverable if we ignore the 2D thrust vectoring of the Raptor

2 Likes

i hope we get an upgraded F-111 alongside the Su-24

2 Likes

Me too or maybe a F-15E or something like a F-117.

1 Like

well we need the F-15C which will probably come in the summer update with Aim-120A. the F-117 is something i have conflicting opinions on because yeah it would be cool if use ingame but it has no offensive armament to protect itself. it only carries 2 laser guided bombs.

1 Like

But it would be very good to test stealth in game. It would not be to over powered and would probably be a great grinder.

The f-22 has something that reflects IR seekers right?

Absolutely,the only costly part was the thrust vectoring,other than that the upgraded tech was not expensive in the eyes of Congress

The YF-23,however,had too many advanced parts,and using common things such as the landing gear of aircraft X or the radar of Aircraft Y did not helped at all

Correct,but in general the YF-22 maneuverability was 80% thanks to the thrust vectoring and 20% thanks to its better control surfaces compared to the YF-23

In my opinion, TV is not the best option when you essentially need a BVR AMRAAM slinger than must not be seen,sure it helps evade the single missile that somehow is able to lock you,but meh.

1 Like

all depends on the br it put at, its a subsonic aircraft so unless it gets an airspawn which it probably won’t its gonna be a pain to use outside of ground RB

Don’t remember now in all honesty,i only remember the YF-23 using the same bricks used for the thermal shield of any Space Shuttle to cool the gases coming out of the engines,thus making the jet impossible to lock on in any aspect with any MANPADS as well as being super difficult to being locked onto any short-medium ranged IR SAM

Yeah thrust vectoring isn’t useful until you get within knife fighting distance of the enemy. Dodging AAMs at long range requires you to keep your speed up so you can bleed the missile of its energy, so if you use thrust vectoring at like 40 miles you’re basically a free kill.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that the internal bay of the F-117 is small

I’m talking “2 Paveways III” small,so adding it would be very painful since it’s difficult to balance it

1 Like

yeah thats why i specified that, i think it can carry a max of 2x 2000lbs GBUs

1 Like

That or a couple of Mavericks if i remember correctly

But yeah, completely useless in ARB and in GRB you’re a glorified A-6E that cannot be seen and has a smaller payload and no methods of self-defence from aircrafts or SAMs

1 Like

I mean it would have to get those stock because it has nothing else automatically making it the best cast platform in the game because of its stealth

That’s not quite true. The F-177 has air-to-air capability.
Pilot “Robson” Donaldson Said in some podcast, although without further details, That they had this capability, using it to operate in anti-AWACS missions

2 Likes

it could maybe carry a couple Amraam because it did have a radar correct?