Su-47 Berkut

Hello Gentlemen!
Since with the introduction of the Mirage-4000 and Yak-141, which was just a prototypes, like the Su-47 (or theMikoyan Project 1.44).
Do you think there is Now a possibility of berkut being added to the game, as well as other prototypes from other countries.

6 Likes

intro-1704243815
Gaijin please…

4 Likes

Make suggestion :) I would love to see this as well

2 Likes

It was suggested multiple times here and on RU forum,.so doubt anything new.

Still,.would love to see this jet one day, especially as OP mentioned the Mirage 4k and Yak-141. It would leave the question of armement beyond missile bay and the classical soviet GsH-23

1 Like

I think a more fair comparison would be the Yak-141 which has been in the game for over a year now. Both the Berkut and Yak-141 flew but never carried weapons so it’s entirely possible Gaijin would do the exact same thing for the Su-47 and give it a “realistic” loadout with weapons and sensors it most likely would have carried. If I had to take a wild guess it would at minimum carry a GSh-30-1 autocannon, R-73/R-73M, R-27ER (not sure about ET), R-77, and some dumb bombs. I don’t know what exact radar it might’ve carried but I think its safe to assume it would be close to the radar on later Su-27 variants with the same IRST system as the other flankers.

1 Like

I’ve seen it mentioned that the Su-47 could carry munitions under the wings but these are obviously sources Gaijin would never use

Then the usa needs something like the YF-17 or the YF-13

Okay then, add em both! The more the merrier 😁

3 Likes

Yeah, but the SU-47 is properly a better fit than those things. I just want to see more variants to some of the us jets.

1 Like

YF-17 could be a great event vehicle, I wanna see something like the F-16XL in the tech tree

1 Like

I would love to see the F16V, but I don’t think it would be very balanced.

1 Like

whats the F-16V?

1 Like

Rest assured that this thing will come.

When? who knows

How? I don’t know,i hope it will not be an event vehicle

It’s the natural step for War Thunder,so prepare for this prototype+other ones.

(Coping because i desperately want the YF-23 and it’s gonna take years to see it in game because it was even stealthier than the F-22)

3 Likes

i think the Black Widow II will have as much hype behind it as the F-20 did (before gaijin said “fuck you give us $70 for it”)

1 Like

Absolutely true, Gaijin has never tempted me to buy anything from them,but a pack containing the YF-23 with the title “Black Widow II” or “Grey Ghost”? Yeah i’m tempted now,even if it will costs 90$ and be utter garbage,i just want to see it and use it

2 Likes

Ok so imagine a F16C with every single part of it improved. Even small things like the HMD and the RWR to huge things like a larger fuel load and I believe a way better engine. Has a better radar, has pretty much a map to give info of targets and is just a F16C on steroids.

1 Like

All you gotta do is wait 2 updates for the packs to go on sale, I’ve been telling people for years that pre-ordering vehicles is pretty stupid when you can buy 2 packs for the same price if you just have some patience

3 Likes

The YF-23 was stronger than the F-22 when I came to dog fighting and missiles. Not so much stealth. It was also hella expensive, so they went with the F-22.

1 Like

kinda like a F-16C Block 70/72 right?

1 Like

It is a block 70/72. The V is just the version letter like the C.

1 Like