Su-39: R77,R27,R73

Su 39 gets 192 countermeasures and IRCCM, if you get killed by IR missles thats your own stupidity

3 Likes

It has little to do with absolute top speed, but rate of climb and the ability to get back up to speed after maneuvering, let alone after accounting for similar ordnance and fuel loads

no, not IR missiles, radar missiles. Thats what kills you. Also, 9L partially ignores the IRCCM of the SU-39, and GUESS WHAT, ITS THE MOST COMMON MISSILE IN TOP TIER.

Can one of the mods delete this thread already? Im sick and tired of these copers lol.

3 Likes

9L is underperforming and easily gets flared by your 192 countermeasures, additionaly you said it partialy ignores the IRCCM this still means a lot of times it will miss and makes it hard to get a lock. And yes radar missles and how they work /chaff are currently a problem in the game, that is why i am realy against the SU 39 getting the R27ER missles because those are the most OP missles in the game currently.

2 Likes

I have never managed to get a 9L to even lock on in the rear half of the aircraft. So how does it partially ignore them?

Yeah that’s just a stupid example.
It’s like adding the F/A-18 Superhornet into the game and only giving it ground ordinance, you can’t just change an aircrafts role.

Su 39 gets 192 countermeasures and IRCCM, if you get killed by IR missles thats your own stupidity

AIM-9Gs don’t care about the IRCM and invisible IR missiles still exist in the game.

Except it is not. I have NEVER managed to get a 9L to lock on in rear aspect on a Su-39. That is the entire point of the IRCM. Judt because you claim it to be different, doesnt mean that it is so.

Doesnt matter. R-27ER are brokenly OP and should never have been added to the game so early. It would instantly require the su39 to move up to Br12 to avoid downtiers. This is why BOTH the Yak-141 and Mig-29 are at 12. It has nothing to do with their flight performance or specs otherwise. It is completely due to R-27ERs, I imagine as we get more BRs, they both may even move up even more. Su39 might be an inferior flight model to that of the Mig29 but it is superior to some at 10.3 and R27ERs would just be stupid. It would be identical to the A6 being at 10 with 9Ls, but even worse.

And just because the Su-39 is a sub-sonic jet, does not make it a bad airframe. It can turn just as well as many at its BR and maybe even better than a few. You may not be able to dogfight with a dedicated fighter, but that would just be stupidness on your part, and giving it even the most modern OP weapon would never change that. But what it would allow it to do would be to snipe anyone distracted or even a few that were not with ease. The airframe does not matter, if the weapon system is powerful and you are skilled enough to use it.

If applied right and smartly. even the worse weapon systems can get kills. I’ve fought and killed Mig-23s and viggens (11.3) before in the Harrier Gr1 (9.7) with its close range SRAAMs in SB before, despite both jets being superior in every single regard and being more than 1 BR lower than they were.

It’s a subsonic jet, with no CMs and the SRAAMs are easily defeated. I secured those kills because I engaged in fights that were suited to me, I force them to fight on my terms.

If you cared at all about making a balanced and fun aircraft for all, you’d not demand such upgrades. you’d look at both sides of the coin. Instead I am convinced you want one thing and one thing only. For your latest purchase to be as OP as possible, so you can get kills with little effort.

The hell you talking about? That is no example that is a current fact and if gajin wanted to yes they could do it for the f/a 18 as well for balance sake, but that particular vehicle isnt currently added into the game and is waiting for a moment it fits into the meta. This only shows the SU 39 wasnt fit for the game yet with it being the only IRCCM plane, vikhers loadout and the br being compressed as much as it is

You are always saying yourself that the aim 9l is better ,every buddy that can will use aim 9l currently dont use the aim 9 g as an excuse, nobody will specialy take it for the SU 39

How many times do you guys want to repeat yourself, they only better by a tiny bit, currently most is skill issue on your part

It does, dont know where you are testing it

It does matter the mig 29 isnt the problem, it is the R27ER, the fewest people will keep a lock to guide the missle most kills will be done by the missle itself

1 Like

With the author’s permission, I would like to link to my thread where I talk about my vision of Su-39 in the game so that the airplane would be similar to the real one and would be unique.

I can understand why there is a significant amount of interest in the F-22 aircraft due to its advanced technology and capabilities. It is a stealthy, fifth-generation fighter jet, known for its impressive speed, agility, and superior avionics.

On the other hand, the Su-39, while reliable and robust, might be perceived as a flying truck compared to the cutting-edge F-22. It is true that the Su-39 is an older generation aircraft, and its armaments might be considered less advanced when compared to the state-of-the-art weaponry of the F-22

I’m not quite sure why you said that. I don’t think I mentioned the F-22 in my thread.

It does matter the mig 29 isnt the problem, it is the R27ER, the fewest people will keep a lock to guide the missle most kills will be done by the missle itself

The MiG-29 9-12s overperformance compared to other jets isn’t because of the plane itself? Just think about it, a jet that can clean the floor on the F-16 let alone a poor F-14B or Tornado F.3 and you think the reason it’s good is the missiles?

You have identified exactly why the the R-27ER is the problem. The Mig-29 with R-27R would still have been an extremely potent and capable fighter, easily able to go toe to toe with both the F-14B and F-16. But the addition of the R-27ER has guaranteed that its the best within BVR. Which means jets like the Tornado F3 that are reliant upon BVR to fight, are at a large disadvantage.

R-27ER has such an overwhelming performance advantage in most, if not all respects, that the airframe its fired from doesnt really matter. It could be WW1 era bi-plane doing 100kts and it would still be a threat to many aircraft. Whilst the Su-39 is sub-sonic, it doesnt mitigate the potential issues that could and would result from the R-27ER. Im expecting the Sea Harrier FA2 armed with AMRAAMs to be 12.3 ish, despite being sub-sonic, purely because of the effectiveness of AMRAAM.

1 Like

The tech tree su25t should definitely get r73’s. 2 r73’s mounted on a tech tree attacker at near top tier br would not be anywhere near gamebreaking.

Smin on the other Su-39 thread has confirmed not too expect any new weapons on the Su-39 at the moment:

Spoiler

"Weaponry loadout choices have and will always be a balance consideration. We were very clear before the aircraft was introduced, R-27 would not be there from the start and was generally not planned at the time. So this is not a new development.

Its not a mistake that the aircraft is called the Su-39. As I said, the possibility of further expansion of its arsenal is not closed off for the future. But there are many vehicles in game that do not have every piece of equipment that they could carry."

Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container - #238 by Smin1080p

Spoiler

“The aircraft is intended to be a premium ground strike aircraft. Again, it was never sold, advertised or promised to receive any of the things you mentioned above.”

Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container - #261 by Smin1080p

Spoiler

"Future additions to its loadouts remain possible, but are not guaranteed. But the aircraft will remain, as intended the Su-39. I understand you wish to see more loadouts for the Su-39 to give it further unique equipment, but there are plans for other variants with other weaponry and capabilities that are also taken into consideration.

Reiterating over and over that the Su-39 is missing some of its possible loadouts is not going to change the facts of the matter. These were intentional balance decisions. Subject to change."

Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container - #283 by Smin1080p

Which is somewhat a relief. The Su-39 with its full A2A capabilites is quite a scary addition

You already have your answer from Smin. See spoiler posts attached.

I may not have flown the Su-39, but I do main one of the worse performing nations in the game, and been at the mercy of soviet dominance for the past few years. I seriously challenge you take the Tornado F3 and try to 1v1 a Mig-29. It won’t end well. The Su-39 with the same A2A power of the Mig-29 would be insane. Being Sub-Sonic doesnt matter.

On 12.0 there is the F-14B and the Mirage, which get many more opportunities to destroy aircraft and tanks at the same time due to the thermal imager and convenient containers.

In the current balance, as long as they are at 12.0 and not at 13.0, the Su-39 is not strong against them with the R-27R

I also suggest that you open the Su-25T and defeat at least a helicopter that has stingers

Good job the Su-39 is only at 11.3 then and not 12. We have already seen aircraft given a higher BR because of strong performance in ARB. Just pray that doesnt happen to the Su-39, I could see it at 11.7 because of GRB.