Stop forcing vehicles to look like garbage

Should be optional. They already made the stat cards absolutely soulless

1 Like

That’s a M60 not a M-60, a M-60 is the Chiliean Super Sherman Tank.

1 Like

Regarding the camoflague condition slider, it does almost nothing. I don’t have the M60 myself (Managed to skip it, and feel no need to go back and unlock it), but here’s the M103, a somewhat similarly scuffed vehicle.

50%:

100%:

Be honest, if I hadn’t labeled them, would you have been able to tell the difference without close inspection? And this is an option that’s only available with premium. I had to pay to get this “feature”. Why not make it work properly, so you have worn camo for those who want it and unworn for those that don’t?

7 Likes

I mean, the strictness of paint isn’t exactly uniform across every military nor every command in that military. Some tend to be stricter than others. But typically out on deployment paint is on the lower end of priorities.

And I say this as one who currently serves in the USN and been on a deployment before. It’s different for the Navy compared to the Army yes, but out on deployment we really only painted if we had time, which was typically when pulling into port. And my command was def on the stricter side when it came to painting, our ship looked like it had just came out of the yards by the time we got back. But you look at other ships in homeport next to us and most of them were fairly rusty, rustier than what you’d think. Standards in the military tend to be less than what people think.

I can agree to that.

I also agree on the stat cards looking like garbage pulled from Getty.

2 Likes

I feel like we see this sort of response a fair amount, I’m sure Xbox and Playstation would also love to make money off of the additional content the consoles don’t have access to. Is it a policy thing? If you’re asking us to write to the console store owners, it would be helpful to know which policies are holding Gaijin back from offering parity between all the platforms. Xbox’s store guidelines for developers seemingly allows for User Generated Content to be distributed and monetized. Other games like Arma Reforger have fully integrated mod browsers that are the same between console and PC. Diablo 3 launched on consoles with a real money auction house that’d be equivalent to the marketplace. Is it a money thing? Not happy with the cut that would be taken? Plenty of other games seem to find ways to offer the same access to things across all platforms, and Gaijin kinda tries to offer skins to console users but it’s in the worst way using gacha boxes.

A similar thing has also been the response when asking about premium pack discounts for consoles, but right now for the first time in ever there are some premium packs on sale; which is fantasticl, it’s great to see but really begs the question of what was holding that up all the other times.

2 Likes

You also need to account for how long the metal hulls, chassis, etc were laying outside, or in a building as well as the dirt, dust, dents, bangs, vibrations, and welding marks. As well as the production of vehicles per factory. Since all would look different in slight ways. So I agree.

Both of those photos look way better than Gaijin’s worn out, rusty, dented AF ready for the scrapyard or used for target practice spin on USA tanks. BTW couldn’t help but notice how much better the T55, T62 and T72’s all look. Wonder why? And so do you guys want them to look like crap too ? Hmmmm 🙄🤔

just add a feature to choose between a factory model and a worn model.

Unfortunately, camouflage condition doesn’t really help much.

It’s not about the pure pragmatism It’s about enjoyment of the game and personal preferences but your exactly right

The French stuff looks the worst. Like it’s been taken from the bottom of the sea. The decals look like they came from a football sticker book.

To the people saying that tanks can’t look and be in good paint conditions: THIS is what 100% condition should look like.

Are these “plastic models” too? Are these real life tanks unrealistic?

https://asc.army.mil/web/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Abrams_Image_WSH2020.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/183bqoj/bro_i_just_want_my_tanks_not_to_look_like_theyve/

6 Likes

Man, some of these replies are just so cynical

Yes, it would be great for a wider range, on both ends of the spectrum.

On top of this I’d like to see more single color paint and camo options. More items like rolled up camo nets, backpacks, ammo boxes, food boxes, etc would be nice, for either GE or SL

No hyphens in US tank names

1 Like

Most of the visual issues are caused by poor lighting effects.
World of Tanks has great lighting effects but War Thunder doesn’t
The difference is significant if you find the War Thunder Vehicle model with better lighting effects.
Vehicle Model is great. Graphic effects are the problem in this case.

※ War Thunder Mi-24 with better lighting effect

Not sure what that has to do with tanks looking like worn out garbage with the slider set to 100% but a similar slider for planes would be nice too because the P-38 looks like complete trash

Point is War Thunder’s vehicles models are actually great. Lighting effects are the main problem.
If you visits the modeler’s website, you’ll know what i mean.

True the models look nice, but we are talking about the rust and scratched paint at 100%.

I totally agree with your statements. I really complain about how damaged tanks looks like. It’s not even a single scratch : the paint has chipped off in many places and the “bodywork” is often bent.

1 Like

Some comments have been removed which were very off topic and going into the territory of inflammatory remarks.

This is unacceptable behavior here and should you have personal quarrels with others we do ask you bring it to PM. A topic in the game discussion area is not the place for it. Consider this a friendly warning for all. Please do not continue the off topic discussion past this point.

3 Likes

Thanks for your great tank photo shares, and that is exactly my point. In fact here are some real M60 photos to drive the point - No they don’t look that bad in real life and certainly didn’t back then

This one was sitting in the rain for 50 years

This one was modeled for a skin by a user (see below)

Here is a skin that is only available to PC users, so why can’t consoles have it?

So again this is the “stock” warthunder M60 with the slider at 100% so why?