Stop adding (sub) tech tree

Lowkey they should’ve cut off the Japanese air tree after WW2 and give tech tree F-40 sabres to US. For the very few indigenous designs keep them but remove the rank based RP penalty

This is exactly what i was arguing about and i agree 100%

1 Like

BeNe has 7 unique aircraft, and 3 copy paste.

@GafTheRed
Italy and Sweden are still unique, all tech trees are.

Like what? Isn’t it F-104, British planes, American planes, and 1 truly unique aircraft, the fokker g1

F-16A Belgian edition, F-16AM [neither of which are in the US tech tree], Mirage 5BA, Gladiator Mk1, Fokker G, Spitfire FR MkXIVe [new 3D model and higher resolution textures over the ancient inaccessible one], and possibly Firefly MkIV.

Just because it isn’t in US tech tree doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be or isn’t an American jet. The f-16 is American, Belgian ones are basically the same, honestly they should’ve gone to US, and the rest of the planes except maybe the mirage, and the fokker are just planes from other countries which do not belong in france

Except USA already has unique options for those BRs.
That and the attitude “x tech tree shouldn’t get y because of insert nationalistic reason here” is silly.

That doesn’t make it unique, just newer. It is quite literally identical in every other way to the British Spitfire FR Mk.XIVe.

Is the Swedish Tiger II (P) unique too? What about the Israeli P-51D-20, or the Swedish Bf 109s? Those have different camos (and possibly newer higher quality models) so I guess they are unique.

You could make an argument for literally every single copy paste vehicle being unique if you’re going to say the new camouflage makes it unique.

Also, I’ve already mentioned this before with you, but the “new” Firefly has identical performance to the British Firefly FR Mk.V. There are no actual differences.

3 Likes

False equivalence fallacy.
Camo and 3D model comparison is not equivalent.
Getting mad at a 3D modeler for stating facts about what copy-paste is in game development is silly.
If there were no difference they’d use the same 3D model.

A new 3D model is not a unique vehicle when the vehicle already exists and the new model only provides higher quality.

The Yak-3s having their models updated in this update doesn’t make them unique. The Swedish Tiger II (P) having a new model doesn’t make it unique. The Israeli and Swedish P-51D-20s having newer models than the US P-51D-20 doesn’t make them unique. Because none of these models change how the planes feel, or even change their overall shape, they are just improvements in how the vehicle (that already exists) looks.

You can appreciate the work that a developper put into the vehicle to make it look better, but that work doesn’t make a unique vehicle.

1 Like

Bad example tbh.

Its a depiction of a specific Tiger 2 (P). Over the one in the german tree its a specific early production 2 (P) with its own completely new model.

It is essentially textbook on how Gaijin should add vehicles of similar models.

1 Like

Almost like small differences in model and texture when the overall vehicle is the same not making the vehicle unique is my point.

😐

1 Like

And where do we stop cutting vehicles because vehicles need some arbitrary amount of differences to be added?

“Arbitrary amount of differences”.

You mean it just being a different tank? Rather than two of the same tank but slight model differences?

I don’t even mind multiple nations having the same vehicle, I just think it silly to call those vehicles unique.

2 Likes

I mean, specidic depictions of vehicles is more unique than being some generic depiction of one. Hence the Swedish Tiger 2 (P) being the textbook way of adding similar model vehicles.

Lag’s a Norwegian that knows more about Swedish stuff than either of us.

If you want to complain about similar models, sure.
However, to claim that something is copy-paste is to claim that the modeler hit ctrl c and ctrl v, for which they did not do for the 3D models I mentioned.

F-16A in Belgium is a different 3D model to the F-16A in China.

Be accurate in your complaints.

I couldn’t make a better quote to prove OPs point. Props to U.S for having an identity at top tier beyond Leopards with a side salad.

1 Like

And iirc it is fairly unique for a KT II (P).

Yep.

It has differences between it and the tech tree one in germany.

It disproves their point though.
Claiming “All Leopards are the same.” however further disproves his point cause that’s just a flat out wrong statement.

1 Like