Stop adding (sub) tech tree

Bruh

us having the same Profile Pic is tingling my brain lol

5 Likes

That is why i didn’t included China or Germany in my rant becuse their mash up tech trees actualy have some degree of sense.
My point is why Italy should have a Leopard and. T-72? Just becuse is not strong enough at top tier? Ok but nobody force anyone to play Italy at top tier…
South Africa is a different issue becuse there actually things that are not present anywere else.
The so called “minor nations” have gaps that should be filled by player skills being more challenging then the “major nations” given their limited options…
For example the F-16 for Japan was given becuse they wanted to give something to Japan at top tier untill their top tier jets will come…
My point is: if you dont have a top tier jet for Japan, just wait an play another nation at top tier or if you really want to play Japan just play at a different Br…

1 Like

Italy has its own top tier players… so Gaijin has a target that they have to deliver to… thus the need for top tier MBT fixing their issues…

This is just double standards and says "You don’t play US or USSR? your bad skill issue… literally defeats the point of creating a “fun” experience for the players of other nations.

Once again, they have a target of players that play japan top tier and not having it will mean losing players… it would be negative for the players and for the company.

1 Like

Thats just plain wrong, so just because they picked a different nation starting the game means they shouldn’t have fun and just *get gud?

No matter how trash some aspects of this game is, they try to make it a a balanced and fair time for each person playing cause afterall its just a VIDEO GAME.

Everyone knew that Italy was in a pretty bad state, this 2A7 and gripen will really solidify their toptier lineup and boost their wr and drive revenue towards Italy

1 Like

Yes but it was a videogame even before…and even if i understand what you are saying, is not like the game didnt gave you options to have fun before: arcade, realistic, sim…different learing curves for every nations…
If you wanted to have a more challenging experience in terms of playing and grinding then you would opted out for certain nations otherwise for others…is up to you what kind of degree of fun you can have.
Rendering everything more similar is probably good for increasing the player base. But the quality of the game is going to be affected negatively.

1 Like

Everything you’ve said still exists today and is just enhanced by more possibilities for each and every nation.

Based on what? your subjective opinion.

Of course there is the personal taste. But what is objective is that we are talking of two different games…
And the kbjective factor is that the old War Thunder was unique becuse it had so many veichles and every nations had their unique play-style.
Now the second factor is becoming less and less relevant leaving onky the first one…which of course is remarkable and nobody can object to that.
But still, blurring the differences is a step down in quality becuse is done in order to reach out more players…not becuse is more fun. Otherwise you are assuming that this game in the past was not so fun…

2 Likes

I’m sorry… Italy low tier had a “unique” style? the ground tech tree is basically “how many shermans can you put in a tech tree challenge”… where’s the uniqueness in that?
And there is no correlation to seeing more or less leopards and the game being more or less fun… There is no objective thinking here and your whole point doesn’t make sense… I would much rather agree with somebody saying that Top Tier Ground Italy was UNFUN until they added something like the 2A7HU since it finally gives you a good MBT that isn’t made of paper.

1 Like

Italy actually got those Sherman. Of course it was annoying becuse is copy paste but still, i don’t mind as long as is real.
As for the Ariete…you are partially right in the sense that is should not be a problem in having fun playing the underdog, as long as you accept the fact that you are an underdog. But also have to considet the fact that there are external factors that play a role…
For example if the maps and match desings are settled in very straigh way (and they are) of course this will create more disconfort in playing certains veichles which are less flexible…
So in this regard you are right speaking about the Ariete but at the same time this game offered you the choice: play the underdog if you like it or play the “main” if you like it.
And the point of grinding different tech trees was just because people could switch to different playstyle based on their taste, skill and confort at certain BR

1 Like

What is the point of grinding if you can have evrything from the three main nations in just one tech tree?
I’m oversimplifying but is just for the sake kf the discussion becuse i thing you understand my point…

1 Like

Once again this is double standards with “your choice, your skill issue” and this doesn’t work when you (Gaijin) want to have a good experience for your players. I feel like im repeating myself enough so i’ll leave it at that, ive already explained why it doesnt matter if a country owned or not a tank to have it as a subtechtree, its there to fix an issue.

I won’t be responding any further, i’ve more than enough explained my points in this section.

1 Like

I believe the the only issue is because people do not like to grind and Gaijin being afraid to lose players is just filling up the so called “holes” in minor tech trees.
Well i guess old players who unlocked everything and grinded every nation had simply another conception of having fun…otherwise i can’t explain way they played for so many years without having fun.
Or maybe becuse the game was just different 😏
Anyway thank you for your time.

lol

I treat this as a “Case on Case” basis

The US, USSR, GER, FRA, CHN & even ITA flat out do not need subtrees since they have more than enough vehicles to make a relatively complete TT

JPN, SWE & ISR need them since they have massive gaps in their TT’s which cannot be filled up on their own even if you account prototypes and unfinished vehicles. That being the Subtree nation must not only make sense to add, taking several aspects in favour and it shouldn’t be excessive in terms in copy n paste.

Also denying new TT’s is very stupid since there is still a lot of unique vehicles that would be missed out doing that and Gaijin all of a sudden stop adding vehicles let alone new TT’s and Subtrees is not going to happen where ever you like it or not, Gaijin’s business model makes it an impossibility

2 Likes

You actually made a good point, but maybe i mistakenly titeled the topic as it was a request to Gaijin…when actually it was more vocalization towards other players…
I don’t doubt even for a second which path Gaijin want to follow…i would like sometimes them to be more honest in that regard becuse cleary their choice are made in order to fulfill their business model…the problem i have with it is that they are altering more and more the nature of this game and im not talking about new mechanics or such (which I always look forward to see - minus drones :P) but the “flavor”…i loved this game becuse it offered me faireness through choices, not faireness regardless of choices. It filled up the gap between a sim and arcade games (i’m speaking about SB and RB) and with time passing, in order to reach out more and more people, even the more casual ones, is leaning progessively towards becoming “more generic” and more arcadeish (again only speaking about Sb and Rb)…but alas it is what it is…

You claim that tech trees are no longer unique.
Tell me… which tech tree can I play a Leopard 2A6, a Strv 122, and a T-80U in the same lineup?
Which tech tree can I play M1A2 SEP and HSTVL?
Which tech tree can I play Leopard 2A7V and 2A5?
Which tech tree can I play Leopard 2A7HU and Ariete?
And so on and so forth.

The tech trees ARE unique, and sub-trees do not diminish uniqueness, and in-fact most of the time add uniqueness.
The first and only copy-paste sub-tree was Hungarian air.

You’re one to talk trying to add it to the game…
Nothing about sub-trees is unrealistic as that’s not what realism or lack of it is.

War Thunder’s identity is and always has been: A realistic war games vehicle game.
At not point did they claim anything else.
So projecting your vision of the game onto the game will not do anything.

1 Like

Benelux air is all copy paste except for the fokker g1, and f16am, which was made in the USA. that will make 2 once update releases

I actually agree with the sentiment but not entirely. When they add sub nations it makes you have to wait much longer for your main nation vehicle you always wanted to come to the game. For example how British tree is getting South African, Indian and possible other commonwealth nation vehicles when all I want is actual British vehicles in my damn tech tree. I waited 5 years for AW159 Wildcat but we got Rooivalk instead. Britain still doesn’t have a light tank to complement it’s top tier Challenger lineup but they instead prioritise adding premium tanks and indian T90 (which has no place being in british tree…). Other nations need subnations though such as Japan which is why I understand why they did it. The truth is when they add minor nations to your tree you can expect your dream vehicles you want to come to the game to be pushed back in years.

1 Like

That is a very forced and instrumental interpretation of my words…you tested ground forces so you played long enough to understand what i meant…why a new player should waste time in grinding Germany or Ussr if he can get basically half of those tech tree by playing Italy or Sweeden…the uniqueness was in tech tree having their own flavor…