Stingers will be 'fixed'. To 13g's :))))))))

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/BZtiBBaH7uwL

6 Likes

Didn’t they also buffed boost?

1 Like

Artificial buff.
Sources do not say maximum overload only G acceleration.

No they state 20-22g is the maneuverability of the missile.

9 Likes

can u prove?

I can indeed. Lateral acceleration is how many g the missile can pull in a turn (axial acceleration is how quickly it accelerates to speed). The math also checks out because as a general rule a missile needs to be able to pull approximately 2.5x - 3x whatever the target is pulling in order to be able to hit. So to hit a 7g manoeuvring target the Stinger would need to pull around 18-21g, which lines up with the 20g stated in the first document.

RAF Manual:

US Defense Intelligence Agency presentation:

20 Likes

ty

rogue-one-verge-of-greatness

15 Likes

One upside to this is seeing “Gunjob you are a literal god” posted everywhere. haha

23 Likes

It’s just unfortunate that even your amazingness wasn’t enough to make stingers as they should be(I don’t know the thinking process behind devs for that) , but at least it did reach devs, which was not guarantee if somebody else has gotten to the ticket first.

So thanks for that, at the very least.

8 Likes

I think it means you’re doing a great job! :D

Can you elaborate on why/how the 13G number was decided? (If you know)

3 Likes

Not at this time sorry.

Cheers, I really do appreciate the positive feedback especially when its an issue players are passionate about like this. Things can get quite heated so any positivity is great to see.

7 Likes

@Gunjob
since the stinger now has 13G is there plans to add igla-s as an counterpart?

3 Likes

I don’t know sorry.

3 Likes

67286343-11709561-image-a-3_1675426875597

6 Likes

Buffing stingers would result in more player frustration for those flying the SU-25k thus disincentivizing sales of said vehicle.

10 Likes

Only 13?

Far from ideal but it’s a step in the right direction. May need to find more data to show Gaijin to get to that 20G sweet spot.

2 Likes

and true to form. After waiting 7 months for a bug report to be actioned, they do it wrong. I guess another bug report and another 7 months then

4 Likes

I never imagined I’d hear something so based from the person that made a post about roof MGs turning too fast.

Bless you!

1 Like

Well, because the Stinger rotates, it can’t be 20Gs all of the time.
So giving it 20G in the statcard would be a lie since it only does 20Gs sometimes.