Steel Baron: HMS Barham

45k is to much for naval it takes forever to find a match as is and they last forever

You forgot to mention the RP gain.

I didn’t specify that the silver lions gained was bad, I specified that the RP gain was absymal, compared to the fact that he destroyed 14 ships.

Yeah, that might be it. But then again, Gaijin wouldn’t punish the active playerbase by giving less rewards from bots killed, that THEY added, right?

This is the setting he is talking about. And I would also much rather it was a keybind so that I dont have to go into my options every time I need to change over my secondary weapons to prox fuses for air targets. THEN to allow the AI gunners to do their job, turn this setting off, and FINALLY get back to my main guns. It is very clumsy and takes far too much time:

1 Like

@Vennem

I would strongly suggest turning on “join already active battles” for naval.
It matters much less in naval having a slight possibility of a late start compared to Ground or Air. And can actually be a benefit as if you are late, you get focus targeted much less often, survive more and get more kills:

2 Likes

Funny, I’ve always had that set - it’s certainly queued me into active air and land matches - never once naval.

However my NEW PROBLEM (an old problem) has just re-emerged, which is SERVER CONNECTION LOST. Gaijin NEEDS to rectify its crappy naval servers already. I’m tired of experiencing this and I know I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

So! How’s the event going for you?

138,000 score points here, so far! Which means, at this rate, I should be able to get the coupon reliabily.

1 Like

Oh! If you have not tried it, if you have the connection lost, close the game client ASAP and reopen the game. 90% of the time it will let you back in and give you the popup: “Would you like to return to the current battle?”. I just Alt+F4 the MOMENT I get kicked back to the main screen (fastest way I’ve found to close the game down) and immediately log back in. I almost always get that popup option to rejoin, especially with Naval battles.
(Small note, it usually shows that your crews are locked, but ignore that and just click YES on the popup as soon as you reload the game. Your crews will NOT be locked once you get back into the match. I just had it happen to me today in a tank battle and got back in just fine after Alt+F4 and restart. But you MUST close the game client down all the way and restart to get that popup to appear.)

Here is a screenshot of the popup:
Screenshot 2024-09-06 172043.crop

2 Likes

can we get points via naval EC?

1 Like

Sorry to say… no

1 Like

1 token done, but already feeling the burn out starting to inch close. I think I’ll need to ditch my usual go to ships and spend my time spading ships I scarcely play to maintain my sanity

Got an hour or so in yesterday for half the star, played 3 nations scharnhorst and Brit 6.0 were the more successful lineups.

Im avoiding the Brit 7.0 line up at the moment because everytime I play it, its just a wall of Scharnhorsts, easily farming the event.

I think i need to dust of destroyers and some of the 5.3 Light cruisers.

1 Like

I’m abusing Southhampton as she is very efficient at killing destroyers, main issue is that if I meet any other 5.7 that’s not also British I usually just die (also a notable mention Atlanta’s who are 5.3 for some reason those things are absolutely terrifying).

York too again abysmal but I’m spading them and grinding out Queen Mary then I’ll move onto Queen Mary and spade her too. Might as well use the opportunity.

Its because the average US main has no idea how to use it properly. But yes, those things become priority targets for me in London or Belfast but hard to damage meaningfully

Waterline shot under the front turrets on all American cruisers go boom. Germans and Japanese under the rear turret at the water line. Russia usually just anywhere makes the easy but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to deal with their battleships efficiently. France and Italy it doesn’t matter where you shoot. Brits are generally the most stubborn and I usually have to bleed their crew or burn them down. Their magazine protection imo is the best

1 Like

I find those waterline shots against Atlanta doesnt really do much, I might get an Ammo det, but it still keeps shooting with no issues. Rarely does it kill. That is providing the 6 inch SAPs actually pen

Town-class its under the forward turrets. Instant 1 shot.

London, just aim for the bridge and guns. You’ll bleed it dry in seconds.

are you shooting right at the waterline or below? if they dont hit low enough they wont pop

I aim right for the waterline as often as I can, but im often at the mercy of shell spread. but id imagine a fairly even split between waterline and below the waterline

interesting, i find it quite reliable. wondering should we have a thread discussing the strategies to dispatch various ship types most efficiently? will suck to be the guy on the receiving end but i think maybe the community needs it because i see a LOT of people on the forums and facebook complaining they keep dying to hackers and their accounts just sound like experienced players.