Steel Baron: HMS Barham

This is why adding it was so dumb. Ww2 designed armour. I keep saying that belth thickness isn’t everything but people just don’t want to hear it. I believe it’s partly why Dunkirk etc aren’t in the French yet either. Pre ww2 armour layout is superior to ww1 even if the ww1 looks better on paper.

1 Like

They wont fire at a target that they dont think they can damage or something. Which does make sense, but would be nice to just lay everything into a target. Especially at closer ranges.

I have a binding to target all guns, I call it focus fire. But you still have to click to fire your mains and heavy secondaries now they made that change.

Yeah. I just wish the option to toggle firing secondary guns with primary guns was a keybind instead of a toggle option in the options (wouldnt say no to one that also did the same with AA as well)

That way you could just manually aim any combo you wanted, instantly

1 Like

Not quite sure I understand what your asking for here?

There is a setting in the keybinds that allows you to fire your pimary guns (say 6 inch guns on a light cruiser) with your secondary guns (4 inch guns) at the same time. But this setting is a toggle option in the control settings and not a keybind allowing it to be toggled at will in the middle of battle

I was misremmebering the mechanic to stop people exploiting Ai gunners. It was only the main guns that Ai can’t fire now.

I had it in my head for a sec secondaries had been blocked too. They haven’t. I knew something wasn’t adding up in my head. Apologies for that. Now your suggestion makes sense and yes I could see that as a better option.

Your secondaries are bound now to your mains by default so they are waiting for your command to fire is my guess. If I’m right, try unbinding secondaries to fire with main guns.

The AA guns (like the 40mm and 20mm) cant be bound to primary fire at the moment, but they wont automatically fire at targets except coastal stuff (i think) even when it would be effective like against a destroyer at closer ranges.

1 Like

Yea, after sitting in queue for about 10 minutes I can get a match and honestly it’s slow pace but you can get millions of lions with a booster and I’ve gotten over 100k RP from one match before.

Thats my record:

Im not having issues getting into lobbies during the event, but its just full of people mix-maxing in meta vehicles that are hard to fight in anything other than meta vehicles.

Naval SL nicely supports my airplane addiction.

1 Like

Yeah, I did already command them to fire.

But I think the way Gaijin keeps punishing the active playerbase, instead of actually doing something about the botting problem is what gets to me.

20k RP for 14 naval targets destroyed, 1 assist and 3 air targets destroyed?!?!??!

Who in their right mind would think that amount would suffice. :P

Yeah, that is true

Yeah that was a change a year or more ago - I can’t find the original changelog, but there’s plenty of posts around the place from people “discovering the feature” for the first time.

for 19 minutes 51 seconds, with 1.24 million SL - who in their right mind thinks that is a bad return?

Could be some bots, they give little in return…

Weak but strong anti air, pin point accuracy

Yeah Im good of these boats, also grinding these events on Console is waste of time since reward is 1600 WB.
Having more fun grinding for Lev Mikhailovich profile icon tbh.
Also wait for 20 minutes for match is no no, and Im on EU server…

There’s no switch of armour and the diagram you posted misses a lot of details. IRL the side armour of QE class was installed with upper plates of uniformed 6" thickness, and the lower plates which is 13" thick in the middle but gradually reduced to 6" in its upper section, and taper to 8" at the bottom edge. The sections of 9" thickness in game simulates the smooth thickness transition of the lower plates. Everything is in their right place except the the lower edge doesn’t reduced to 8".

3 Likes