Steel Baron: HMS Barham

Concerns me they don’t mention the exceptional accuracy of these ships. Have a feeling they are going to nerf the accuracy on these.

When the QE class battleships arrived to the fight in Jutland the enemy captain said with just their first volly which landed so close and tight that had they been any less accurate they would have been gonners (paraphrasing).

6 Likes

big gun, big dispersion
is of balans ))))

5 Likes

Sadly if this gets hoods dispersion it means of the 8 guns you might get jucky with 2 hitting in a single volley.

6 Likes

Yeah, this is why I only spawn Baden in an emergency hahah

First, Scharnhorst; then, Scharnhorst backup- and only if I die then, Baden.

Its shells come out of the guns as if the barrels were literally twisted, it’s nearly impossible to hit anything past 8 km

It’s funny; when I grinded Germany, I thought I would spawn Scharnhorst, Baden and Bayern/Sachsen… instead, I ended up avoiding the 380s like the plague lmao.

(Also Baden has had the D turret armor broken since release and the devs won’t just fix it.)

4 Likes

I already tested it, and the dispersion is indeed horrible, just like every 380mm gun ingame.

Shells feel like they come out from twisted barrels, you can see them crossing each other right after shooting xD

5 Likes

I’ve run into a fundamental and highly vexing flaw with this event: it’s literally a waste of time.

How are we supposed to get to 45K under these circumstances? I’ve queued 4 times today - 3 RB & 1 AB - with the same result, totaling almost an hour of pointless wait time. And I’d never pay for a non-premium event vehicle, sry Gaijin.

2 Likes

Don’t use SA server, it has a very small player base that’s almost non exist ant in any mode outside prime time. Just select US and EU for naval.

5 Likes

I’ve done 2 matches so far and I’m already get frustrated with it. 1 match was just a wall of scharnhorst and both my hood and renown were taken out within minutes of spawning. Meanwhile I barely scratched their paint with direct hits to the “weakspot”

2 Likes

I’ll try that, thanks for the tip!

Bote

That’s another thing I keep asking myself - what the heck am I grinding for - another pinata for Scharnhorsts? When are they gonna nerf that thing, it’s so op it’s just dumb.

1 Like

I really love the work and attention to detail in these amazing ships. But seriously, is it even possible to obtain without using eagles? I wait in queues from anywhere between 5 to 20 minutes. Naval enduring confrontation needs to be opened up 24/7 for the duration of this event and people in queue need to be directed to matches faster.
I want to do this event but I don’t believe it’s even possible with a full time job without the ability to get a match.

Does naval EC even work?

Nice!

But is there a reason why we can’t grind the event in the Enduring confrontation naval? Seems kinda silly that we can spend 2-3 hours in a game, but won’t get a single progress point on the event.

Also!

Why on earth are my gunners refusing to open fire on a ship, that is not even 2 km’s away from me. Even after manually setting the target for my gunners, they still won’t shoot.

Seems kinda hilarious that the AA/auxiliary crew on both ships just stares each other down, while the big guns are reloading.

2 Likes

Do you have them turned off? You can cycle the Ai gunners on and off for different targets. Also the larger secondary guns dont auto fire anymore because they were deemed OP so now need manual aim and fire. Mine fire along with my main guns or when I left click while my mains reload.

1 Like

This is why adding it was so dumb. Ww2 designed armour. I keep saying that belth thickness isn’t everything but people just don’t want to hear it. I believe it’s partly why Dunkirk etc aren’t in the French yet either. Pre ww2 armour layout is superior to ww1 even if the ww1 looks better on paper.

1 Like

They wont fire at a target that they dont think they can damage or something. Which does make sense, but would be nice to just lay everything into a target. Especially at closer ranges.

I have a binding to target all guns, I call it focus fire. But you still have to click to fire your mains and heavy secondaries now they made that change.

Yeah. I just wish the option to toggle firing secondary guns with primary guns was a keybind instead of a toggle option in the options (wouldnt say no to one that also did the same with AA as well)

That way you could just manually aim any combo you wanted, instantly

1 Like

Not quite sure I understand what your asking for here?